Ravens in purple jerseys black pants tonight

In 5..4..3..2..1

I like it. They actually look like ravens.

They look like drama students, not ravens.

I dunno, the drama students nerds in my school just wear jeans and shirts of the plays they've worked on/acted in. Anyway,the black pants aren't cutting it. If the Vikings can have purple pants, so can the Ravens.

The problem with the Ravens is that their two primary colors (purple and black) are just too close to each other. I would change their helmet to purple (so the logo would stand out better) and add gold pants to the mix. Anyone willing to do a mock-up of how that would look?

I just think the black is more prevalent than it needs to be. When the Ravens wear their all-white unis, they look no different from the Jaguars, Falcons, or Broncos from a distance.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I like it. They actually look like ravens.

They look like drama students, not ravens.

I dunno, the drama students nerds in my school just wear jeans and shirts of the plays they've worked on/acted in. Anyway,the black pants aren't cutting it. If the Vikings can have purple pants, so can the Ravens.

The problem with the Ravens is that their two primary colors (purple and black) are just too close to each other. I would change their helmet to purple (so the logo would stand out better) and add gold pants to the mix. Anyone willing to do a mock-up of how that would look?

I just think the black is more prevalent than it needs to be. When the Ravens wear their all-white unis, they look no different from the Jaguars, Falcons, or Broncos from a distance.

Totally agree with you on the purple/black thing. Same with maroon and black, which is why those Texas A&M basketball uniforms from the other night were downright hideous.

Purple helmets and gold pants would not be the way to go here. Maybe if they were called the Kings it would be appropriate. As it stands, they have the right colors for everything EXCEPT for the Home pants. Get rid of the white and go black and it would work nicely.

As for all of this Drama student, mime stuff...sorry, just don't see it. I don't hear people saying that Peyton Manning looks like a doctor in all white.

Hey, if Al Davis was able to convince an entire generation of easily encouraged teenagers that silver and black were tough (evident by the fact that half of my old high school senior class walked around with their shoulders back and chests out in Raider jackets in the middle of the Summer) then it can't be that hard to imagine a team known for its bone crushing defense would look very appropriate wearing ALL black.

Purple helmets and gold pants would not be the way to go here. Maybe if they were called the Kings it would be appropriate. As it stands, they have the right colors for everything EXCEPT for the Home pants. Get rid of the white and go black and it would work nicely.

As for all of this Drama student, mime stuff...sorry, just don't see it. I don't hear people saying that Peyton Manning looks like a doctor in all white.

Hey, if Al Davis was able to convince an entire generation of easily encouraged teenagers that silver and black were tough (evident by the fact that half of my old high school senior class walked around with their shoulders back and chests out in Raider jackets in the middle of the Summer) then it can't be that hard to imagine a team known for its bone crushing defense would look very appropriate wearing ALL black.

I don't have a problem with more black from the Ravens, but they should pick either black or purple and drop the one they don't pick.

I don't have a problem with more black from the Ravens, but they should pick either black or purple and drop the one they don't pick.

Why do you think that?

Purple and Black with hints of gold go together quite nicely IMO. All Black or all purple would be incredibly boring. Not to mention the fact that as someone correctly pointed out, a real life raven (the bird, not the player) has both black and purple on its feathers depending on how the light hits it. So I think the colors are quite appropriate.

I think the Ravens should make the black JERSEY the full-time, only busting out the black pants for night games. I was honestly formulating a black-black-white look for the Ravens, and it looked pretty good in my head.

The Ravens can make their current color combo work, but they use it atrociously. You cannot see the drop shadow on the black jerseys (you can a little better on the purples, but it is still hard), which is why they should think about incoporating some white (or even more gold) into their set as a whole, along with the numbers. Their uniforms are one of the worst in the league right now, but could be improved so much.

The Ravens can make their current color combo work, but they use it atrociously. You cannot see the drop shadow on the black jerseys (you can a little better on the purples, but it is still hard), which is why they should think about incoporating some white (or even more gold) into their set as a whole, along with the numbers. Their uniforms are one of the worst in the league right now, but could be improved so much.

The Eagles have the same problems with the drop shadows.

Yeah, the Eagles' "midnight green" or "so black it's almost no longer green" or whatever they call it has the same problem. But the Eagles only use a touch of black.

The Ravens' uniform is a mess because there's not enough difference between their two primary colors. If the purple was lighter, maybe. Better yet to pick purple or black, and use that one color with gold.

The Eagles have the same problems with the drop shadows.

Now THAT I definately agree with. Both are bad examples of using drop shadows on dark jerseys.

I always wondered why the Eagles didn't use a SILVER drop shadow with a dark green inner ring around the white number. Seems really obvious to me...wonder if they tried it.

The Ravens would benefit from a similar gold drop shadow and purple inlay. I think it would match their helmet much better that way. Someone even mentioned a black jersey with white pant look for the Ravens....I think that might work quite nicely. Wonder if they'd ever wear the white pants with black tops.

Archived