Traditional to modern, modern to traditional

MrTitan

If any of you are interested I'd like to see some traditional logos turned into more modern or futuristic looking logos...even modern logos turned into a throwback look or modern logos turned ahead to the future. Logos or unis.

I think it'd be cool to see some versions of what could've happened or what might happen to these logos or unis.

Yes a very nice idea.  How about taking some of the old school logos like the old "The City" San Francisco Warriors logo and updating so it could be used today.  I've always loved the old Utah Jazz 1979-1996 logo as well.  If you need any of these logos in vector format just let me know.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

That's just a recolorization... not really a new look.. i'm in the process of making a modern pat, but it's taking waaaaaaaay longer than i expected....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yes a very nice idea. How about taking some of the old school logos like the old "The City" San Francisco Warriors logo and updating so it could be used today. I've always loved the old Utah Jazz 1979-1996 logo as well. If you need any of these logos in vector format just let me know.

The Jazz logo...well, when there was speculation that a name swap might happen when the Hornets moved I came up with my own New Orleans Jazz concept. At the time the best program I had was PhotoShop. Give me a minute to get it up here...

I'm not a fan of the colour combination--but then you weren't designing a new uni from scratch--or to please me--but it's a good job updating what they had.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Those logos are okay but it's too bad they'll never switch names.  At least not until Larry Miller sales the team to somebody who would make the switch.

Personally I think if New Orleans is going to change their name they should go with a Ghostly name that relates to the haunted side of New Orleans.  I don't think "Jazz" is really one of the top things you would think of when you think of New Orleans nowadays.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Or Utah :D

Good point Chris!  As much as it kills me as a fan of the Jazz I would have to agree with you.  I love the name "Jazz" for the Utah franchise and maybe that comes from me growing up around the Jazz but I also think the change should be in order.  I was fine with the 1979-96 logo but the more I look at the current logo it makes me want them to change the whole name and the way it ties into Utah.  I guess over the years the Utah fans have just looked the "Jazz" as a style of play like the "Jerry Sloan" style.  It's just kind of funny since the Jazz merchandise never contains anything that relates to music other than the name itself.  They've pretty much just distanced themselves from the whole background of the name.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived