Maurice clarett ruled eligible for nfl draft

nitroseed

ahhh, i get ya...

But i still think sports must be considered in a different light than other businesses... because it is different in certain aspects, especially when it comes to the players...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

there is one question i wanna ask our moron of the day: have you never heard of semipro football?  i figure he could have played semipro while he was suspended.  There are teams in Ohio, but apparently he didn't try to know.  

apparently this judge is unaware of the CFL, and semipro football too. yes the NFL is the most well known football league, but it's by no means the only one.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Larry Fitzgerald will go in the top 10

Clarrett I hope goes undrafted and has to learn the words to O, Canada

He does not belong in the NFL and if he goes to the NFL his career will be a bsut, can anyone say the next Lawrence Phillips.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Surely it would be a good idea to have him drafted and fail, so that people can see why its such a bad thing for a High school kid to go straight in at the top, if indeed it is a bad idea. Someone will draft him, the risk in the 7th round has to be fairly minimal for the possible pay-off. Maybe they will send him somewhere else for a bit opnce he is drafted, but someone will draft him.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well the appeals court up from this judge is conservative, so there is a good chance the appeal could be granted, but i still wouldn't bet on it...

This may go before the U.S. Supreme Court.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I dont want the Dolphins to draft this jerk. Let some other team grab him.

Besides he associated with Gamblers so he maybe in hot water there too, this guy is gonna be a disaster in the NFL>

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The anti-trust arguement has more holes than an Iraquii soldier.

hollander can get my back on this one...  Yale, I want to work for your law office. I have graduated from high school, but have no law school. Can I get the job at your office? NO> I can't. Because to be a lawyer with yoru offcie, i would have to have law school, and have passed the bar. Are your offcie's practiced anti-trust? No, those are just requirements for me to perform your job at your office. The NFL is no different. If they want an employee to have 3 years college experience, they can make that rule. Just like you can say your lawyers should have law school.

There are plenty of places a football player can go to earn enough money to eat. Besides, who ever said the world has to change to make it possible for you to make a living in whatever the hell you chose to do. I'm filing an anti-truct law suit, because Ally Landry wont hire me to be her massuse. She wants me to have 3 years experience. Screw that, i'm filing a law suit.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i was thinking that too...there are a whole lot of jobs that require you to have either been in college or graduated, mostly the latter.  so apparently this now means i can walk up to a local law firm and ask for a job as a lawyer, despite the fact that i have no experience as an attorney.

give me a break.  there is an age limit to be President(35), yet it's ruled that the NFL's age limit is illegal? ???

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Very good points, fellas.  But the problem is that the NFL would have to show proof that someone who hasn't been 3 years removed from High School is any less qualified than someone's who completed college.

If it were me... I'd draft this kid in the 3rd round, if he was still there and ship him off to NFL Europe for a year or two.  Not being a 1st rounder, you won't have to pay him to terribly much (look at Clinton Portis, he made about $300k last year, from his contract).

It'd really be no different than if he played this last year in college and then came out although sadly, the level of talent in college is better than in NFL Europe.  So essentially... it'd be no different than him playing in those 4 non-conference home games against awful teams that Ohio State will probably schedule

IUe6Hvh.png

The anti-trust arguement has more holes than an Iraquii soldier.
Classy.  Also shows your spelling ability.

Anyway, InTheEnd had the whole argument:  You need to go to Law School to learn how to be a lawyer.  You need to go to flight school to become a pilot.  You can't say the same for College Football to pro football.

Archived