Maurice clarett ruled eligible for nfl draft

nitroseed

I don't think so... Yea, you'll have one or two kids each year coming through.. but for the most part, alot of the kids would have stayed in college until their junior year anyway, and alot of the juniors went back to be seniors, when they could have been 1st or 2nd round picks...

I think it's a bad decision made by a bad judge, but i don't think this will have an NBA-type impact...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

this is a mistake, and also the wrong decision.  i hope clarett bombs, seriously, cus he's a twofaced bastard and a goddamn moron.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well someone also said on ESPN that the NFL will balance itself out and they won't draft someone they feel isn't ready. Would anyone argue that Pitt's Fitzgerald isn't ready?

I just hope that Clarett, for all his whining, gets in and gets the ever-loving crap beat out of him. I don't like that kid one bit. From the very beginning all he's done is moan and whine and tried to be "above the rules" and squeeze himself into the draft via lawsuits... It's ridiculous.

on our sports talk radio, a topic came up that Clarett has a very close friend who is a known high roller Las Vegas with connections.  they felt that alone would be just another reason to try to keep him away from their league.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

This a dark day for the NFL and NCAA.

College sports is now gonna fall apart as players now can do whatever they want.

If I was a NFL team I would not draft him for several reasons.

1. He is a Troublemaker

2. He is small for a Running Back

3. He has shown that he is vunnerable to injuries.

4. He may be rusty and out of shape

He will defentley get his ass kicked, and I hope he pays the price every week and never rushes for 1000 yards.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This a dark day for the NFL and NCAA.

College sports is now gonna fall apart as players now can do whatever they want.

If I was a NFL team I would not draft him for several reasons.

1. He is a Troublemaker

2. He is small for a Running Back

3. He has shown that he is vunnerable to injuries.

4. He may be rusty and out of shape

He will defentley get his ass kicked, and I hope he pays the price every week and never rushes for 1000 yards.

. . . . unless, of course, the Dolphins draft him.

:D

I keed, I keed.

The problem with this ruling, my friends, can be summed up using only three letters...

N  B  A

I pray the NFL doesnt go down the toilet like the already spinning, sinking, stinking NBA.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Does he realize that he will get killed? The NFLPA is against it, and when you go against any union....

I actually wouldn't be suprised if a blackballing started. What a statement it would be if they don't draft him.....

Yes he will get killed, I hope someone in the same division as Baltimore drafts him, that way Ray Lewis can use him as a chew toy twice in one season and really let him know he's not supposed to be there.

But just because the rule isn't there dosn't mean that teams have to draft him. They can just make it a unspoken rule really and not draft him, same for any other player. I think most teams are going to realize he is stupid, non-mature, undersized, and not draft him. And they'll do the same for any other underage person who tries to enter, it's there for a reason. It isn't like basketball where you can honestly come out of high school, this is physical contact, you will get hurt if you're not physically mature.

And Maurice Clarett is not mentally or physically mature enough to go to the NFL.

sig09.jpg

this really won't affect the NFL or NCAA all that much, as Nitroseed said.

The NFL is different then the NBA... you HAVE to be mentally and physically prepared to play in this league. Clarrett will fail, as will any High Schooler that ever decides to enter the draft. Clarrett was stupid, because now he carries a huge bullseye.

NFL Players are gonna want to show these kids that it's a mans game and it'll be funny, yet disappointing to see some of these arrogant kids come in, get picked when teams feel that they have nothing to lose by picking them, and fall far enough down the depth charts to where they really can't revive their careers and fall into oblivion. I think it will be disappointing because some of the kids might be great for the college game.

I think the floodgates have yet to be opened, at this point. I think that depends on whether or not Maurice Clarrett succeeds, and where he goes in the draft.

I can think of alot of guys I would take before Maurice Clarrett.

Also, couldn't the NFL make it a league rule that teams can't draft players that aren't 3 years removed from High School?

IUe6Hvh.png

The logical process should start at home on this one.  Every NFL GM and/or director of player personnel better poll their returning veterans to find out whether this kid is even going to make it out of training camp alive.  My understanding of the rookie hazing rituals in some NFL camps can be pretty intense - more so than college athletes are allowed to be exposed to (cripes that's wicked bad grammar).  If I was an NFL front office exec (and at nearly 36 years old I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that this will always be a pipe dream for me) I would be very concerned that this kid is going to be so freaked by the third week of camp that he's going to be a complete bust before his first regular season game has even come and gone.

From what is understood, most NFL vets are for keeping the rule the way it was, and i honestly think that no one, save for maybe Al Davis, will draft this kid. And God help him if he makes it to an NFL camp....

sB9ijEj.png

Sports has always been thorny in anti-trust issues.  It's the pure nature of the game and draft.

For instance, if you're a lawyer, and  you came out of Law School, imagine if they said that you can only work in Birmingham, AL, for 8 years and if you didn't want to work there, you could just quit? Imagine if suddenly your employer tells you that you are being sent to Anchorage for 2 paralegals, 1 Secratary, and a 20 reams of paper?  Oh, and no transfer time, just go there tomorrow or the next day?

Now, of course, lawyers don't get paid that amount of money, and don't work for half the year like football players do, but it shows some of the strange stuff sports does.  They get paid a lot, but some of the practices are pretty up there if you apply them to the real world.

For instance, if you're a lawyer, and you came out of Law School, imagine if they said that you can only work in Birmingham, AL, for 8 years and if you didn't want to work there, you could just quit? Imagine if suddenly your employer tells you that you are being sent to Anchorage for 2 paralegals, 1 Secratary, and a 20 reams of paper? Oh, and no transfer time, just go there tomorrow or the next day?

That reminds me of the sienfeld episode when George was traded.

Sports has always been thorny in anti-trust issues. It's the pure nature of the game and draft.

For instance, if you're a lawyer, and you came out of Law School, imagine if they said that you can only work in Birmingham, AL, for 8 years and if you didn't want to work there, you could just quit? Imagine if suddenly your employer tells you that you are being sent to Anchorage for 2 paralegals, 1 Secratary, and a 20 reams of paper? Oh, and no transfer time, just go there tomorrow or the next day?

Now, of course, lawyers don't get paid that amount of money, and don't work for half the year like football players do, but it shows some of the strange stuff sports does. They get paid a lot, but some of the practices are pretty up there if you apply them to the real world.

The big difference here is that these people are playing a game... and as much as people want to paint it as being a business like any other, it's not... I wouldn't expect a lawer to be traded to anchorage for a hot secretary and a legal pad and to be there by tomorrow. He does actual work, he doesn't play a game where it's easy to pick up and go...

And i also don't see lawyers leaving Law School early to get into the Weinstein & Schnider Lawyer Draft...

You can't make comparisons like that, it's apples and elephants....

sB9ijEj.png

Archived