Carolina Hurricanes unis

_RH_

After watching them on TV against Atl. the other night I noticed that their jerseys are really annoying. I don't know how I missed this for all these years, but what is with all the bottom striping? Is it way too busy for anyone else? And the sleeves' pattern doesn't even match the bottom pattern. Not to mention when they wear their "home" they've got WAY too much red going on.

Yeah welcome to 10 years ago man. All the red is a Detroit ripoff, and while implementing the hurricane flag is a clever idea, the execution sucks. They have solid logos, especially the secondary/shoulder, so if they'd reduce the red and add another color maybe (I think jungle green would look sweet) they'd be good to go.

After watching them on TV against Atl. the other night I noticed that their jerseys are really annoying. I don't know how I missed this for all these years, but what is with all the bottom striping? Is it way too busy for anyone else? And the sleeves' pattern doesn't even match the bottom pattern. Not to mention when they wear their "home" they've got WAY too much red going on.

These IMO are some of the best jerseys left in the NHL. The piping at the top of the jersey really makes it better than previous years.

"All the red is a Detroit ripoff"? As if Detroit has a patent on wearing red?

Anyway, I can't disagree with this post any more than I currently do. I think the storm flag motif is simply excellent. The only thing I would complain about is that the shoulder logo really should have two flags on it. Otherwise, the whole set is brilliant.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

mockba is all over it. hurricane warnings are 2 flags, but great secondary logo (even if "incorrect").

detroit's patent = al davis' Radiers -black and silver- patent... i say sue em' !!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Well, no, but I and surely others were under the impression that Karmanos fashioned the Hurricanes to resemble the Red Wings, since he's a Detroiter who all things being equal, would rather have bought the Red Wings than the Whalers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Too much red" is my only gripe with the 'Canes. When they played the Red Wings in the finals, I felt like I was watching a scrimmage series. Black pants would help, but then someone would probably start grousing about how they look too much like the Devils, or something.

Other than that, I really like what the 'Canes wear, and was very pleased that they were one of the teams who stuck by their guns when RBK barreled through town with their Edge system. Those storm flag stripes are so much of the team's identity, and they're pretty dang awesome. I understand (and join in on) the gripe that the shoulder logo actually only represents a tropical storm, rather than a hurricane. But I can't help but think a second flag in there would only be clutter. This year's Edge shoulder piping is neither a plus nor a minus in my book. Overall, they look great. And this is from a former fan of the Whale.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the colour scheme makes a lot of sense, and the storm flag striping is definitely very uniquely Carolina's. My only real gripe with it is the primary logo, which I don't like at all. Not that there is any good way to depict a hurricane graphically (and that logo does about as good a job of it as can be expected, even incorporating a hockey puck in to the mix, and spicing up the traditional two-tailed hurricane graphic), but that I think they shouldn't have tried. Something incorporating the (correct) hurricane warning flags would have been nice as a primary... or just go the "boring, traditional" route and go with a large block C or a script "Hurricanes" or something along those lines. I don't know... I guess the concept is good, but I don't like the execution on the primary logo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Well, no, but I and surely others were under the impression that Karmanos fashioned the Hurricanes to resemble the Red Wings, since he's a Detroiter who all things being equal, would rather have bought the Red Wings than the Whalers.

All things being equal, Karmonos has won a Cup more recently!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived