Vikings concepts

LogoFan

IM talking about the black on the face mask.

And I think it shouldn't just stop there.  If you used some black in the logo itself as some shadow aspect then it should really look a lot better.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The black on the facemask is outlining... if you look closely, there's some purple in between the thick outlining. The entire helmet is thickly outlined in black.

I like the concept, but the execution is a little overdone. That shading gets to be a little too busy on the Viking primary. Not huge on the axe secondary, others seem to like it, but I find that with the horn helmet, the wordmark, and the primary head logo, the identity is full enough. However nice job, some high quality production work. Way to go.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i like this concept as-is. i would dump th esecondary v-ax logo though. as syphi said the helmet, wordmark and logo are enough. i just dont see were the ax logo would go on the field or on a uni if the viking head stays on the sleaves. i relly like the wordmark. much better then the packers wany-be stayle and the 70's style. neither one seems to have a "viking" flavor. cant wait to see the unis.

The Vikings have gone back to their 60's-70's wordmark, so i see no need to change that. The new Viking head is very, very well done. Very nice. The secondary logo is good as well, but i wouldn't want to see it on the uniform. The helmet... eh... no. Leave the helmet as-is

JQK is right, there new old wordmark is awesome, though yours is nice. They just need to get their endzones updated.

I think the shadowing is overdone in the horn and on the head, but for the most part this is nice.

JQK is right, there new old wordmark is awesome, though yours is nice. They just need to get their endzones updated.

ill admitt its nice, but it just dosnt have a "vikings" feel to it. logo fan's concept does.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Judging by the responses, it appears pretty unanimous that the shading was too much for folks. I've toned it down...let me know what ya think..too much, too little or just right.

VikesFinal2.gif

I really hope the black being referenced was the over-emphasized helmet outline. There is no black used anywhere in any of the logos, or facemask color. I adjusted the helmet for better clarity.

I appreciate all the constructive criticism. And to all those new to designing logos...it's another example of the need for patience. My original shield idea (I thought at the time) looked acceptable...but comparing the one from a year ago to the new one today I think it looked like total...well, you know.... :P

Much better! Outstanding work. The one little nitpicky suggestion I have is that the eyebrow is not outlined in purple like the gold hair is pretty much everywhere else. Otherwise great work!

(...and good job on de-emphasizing the helmet outline. Now it's very nice and clear.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think the hair still needs some shadowing though but just different from the "Before" sketch.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived