NHL All-Star Thread

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching the game last night (I get Versus on regular cable, BTW. Go ahead and send you hate PM's to me), I had to admit that it was great to watch the game.

I tuned in during the second period with the West down 5-1. Here I am thinking that the West is toast. Lo and behold, I was proven wrong. Rick Nash nearly did the work himself by getting a hat trick (And should of gotten MVP honors, but Staal is also a good choice).

That final goal by Savard, though, was great to see. It was a good sight to see and, hey, I think Atlanta did a great job hosting All Star weekend. Here's hoping that the Thrashers actually get into the playoffs. :hockeysmiley:

Not to be a homer, but I think the city did a great job. Many of the hotels had All-Star decor, the city had a ton of All-Star banners on the lightposts, and the best part of all: it was incredible seeing all the fans wearing their teams' jerseys around town, Thursday through today, even if they weren't going to any of the events.

The Saturday morning Rockin' Skate (open practice) went well, though many of the folks there were mainly wanting to watch the Jonas Brothers (the way the girls kept screaming, you would have thought the Beatles were there). I believe this was a new All-Star event.

The Skills Competition went a lot better that it did in Dallas. Tying the YoungStars Game in with the competition, not to mention the rule changes to make it a lot more up and down, was a great idea, and watching that mini-game had many there either on the edge of their seats or standing. The Trick Shot event is a great idea if the players got more time to work on it. I believe this will be a lot more exciting next season, now that players have a feel of it. The only part I didn't like was the change of the Fastest Skater competition....they shouldn't have changed that.

And of course, the game itself was pretty exciting. I wouldn't want to see this type of game all the time (Insert Thrashers joke here), but it's a nice change of pace, so the fans can see the skill players show off in an exhibition.

This singer singing O Canada sounds flat

Every singer that sings an oppsing anthem always sounds flat.

9 out of 10 regularly-attending penguin fans would agree that theres at least one out there that doesnt.

(The penguins' long time regular anthem singer is very popular amongst us penguins fans)

oBIgzrL.png

Archived