NHL All-Star Thread

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is really good and I liked how DiPietro called the last 20 seconds of the first period. But I really don't associate hockey with an intermission performance, that was new to me.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Well, looks like Zero is going to be protesting that the MVP award should have gone to Savard over Staal.

hey, I'm not THAT big of a fan boy. I actually pegged Nash as MVP, with Nabokov as a close second.

I am enough of a fan boy that I want to snag a Savard All-star Jersey, in red those things were pretty nice

I can't believe this was on Versus... Yuck.

If they really want more prominence/support/fans, why not put it on NBC? I don't get Versus because my :censored:-ing cable provider wants money, and I'm sure others do the same.

:censored:.

Agreed. After the Hawks got done choking another game away, I flipped over to NBC, expecting to see the festivities. Lo and behold, FIGURE SKATING is on NBC. So I have to flip to Versus and the game's there.

...Seriously, if someone can tell me how that makes sense, I'm open to listening.

Nabokov = God

and referring to the fact that Nabokov was born in Kazhakstan, chalk up another Borat reference from an analyst

Go Nabby!

by the the way, sweet Niners sig

I like how he 'shopped Montana into the current uniforms...nice.

yes the NHL ASG where the only check comes in the mail

You've used that same damn unfunny line for every NHL All-Star Game.....

It's been a great weekend. Attending these events in person is a great experience, only matched by postseason hockey.

Ive been to a minor league baseball ASG so I can imagine it would be fun, If I can afford it maybe I will be in the Bronx in July.

However, wait til next year I will use the line again :P

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

After watching the game last night (I get Versus on regular cable, BTW. Go ahead and send you hate PM's to me), I had to admit that it was great to watch the game.

I tuned in during the second period with the West down 5-1. Here I am thinking that the West is toast. Lo and behold, I was proven wrong. Rick Nash nearly did the work himself by getting a hat trick (And should of gotten MVP honors, but Staal is also a good choice).

That final goal by Savard, though, was great to see. It was a good sight to see and, hey, I think Atlanta did a great job hosting All Star weekend. Here's hoping that the Thrashers actually get into the playoffs. :hockeysmiley:

On a related note a funny picture of Gary Bettman who was booed again

BettmanMismanagement.jpg

Ever since I saw the footage of Bettman talking on his radio show I've had an image stuckc in my head. With his odd voice him reading Green Eggs and Ham out on that broadcast.

" I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them, Sam I Am "

Kinda random but thought I'd share.

untitled-6.jpg

The All-Star game was great!

Want to know why, because there was no Crosby. If Crosby was there then thats all you would of heard about, instead you got to hear great things about the rest of the superstars in the NHL. Besides just hearing about Crosby!

spezzaheatley1.png

Archived