Baltimore Ravens

fishheatcats

I was browsing around the site and found this unused logo for the Ravens, and I like it a lot better then the current raven head with a 'B' on it. I took it and simplified it a little, losing the purple. I also simplified their old workmark. I also tried to recreate the checkerboard thing on the Maryland flag on the bottom of the sleeves. I know these colors would clash with the Steelers in their division, but I think in an effort to preserve the rivalries the NFL goofed the '02 realignment up anyway. The AFC North, in my opinion, should have been the Bengals, Steelers, and 2/3 of either the Bills/Jets/Patriots, 3 of the most northern teams in the league, and the Ravens should be in the AFC East.... but that's a whole other conversation. C&C is appreciated!

ravenseb5.gif

Yeah, it looks good, but you need some purple in there as there is already a black and yellow team in the same division. The Ravens should always be predominantly purple.

Also, I've never liked the back of the head on that logo, everything is fine with it, but the back just looks weird with all spikes.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The logo is OK. Unitard black pants hasn't been flattering. I don't see the overall design elements as an upgrade, although it isn't horrible. I don't hate the color application for the logo. That said, dropping the purple is a problem. It represents the sheen reflecting off the feathers, but it is a great tie to the catholics of the region. The problem the current set has (in addition to the B in the logo) is a lack of contrast between the purple and black. Merely switching from purple to charcoal doesn't fix the contrast problem. Lighten the purple and make better use of yellow in the current set and the problem is fixed.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The logo is OK. Unitard black pants hasn't been flattering. I don't see the overall design elements as an upgrade, although it isn't horrible. I don't hate the color application for the logo. That said, dropping the purple is a problem. It represents the sheen reflecting off the feathers, but it is a great tie to the catholics of the region. The problem the current set has (in addition to the B in the logo) is a lack of contrast between the purple and black. Merely switching from purple to charcoal doesn't fix the contrast problem. Lighten the purple and make better use of yellow in the current set and the problem is fixed.

Agreed.

The colors themselves just don't really say "Ravens" to me at all. BUT...looked at objectively, it's still somewhat OK.

Oh by the way...

[cue Jackie Chan from Rush Hour 3 ]

"(W)hole" is spelled with a "w".

[/cue Jackie Chan from Rush Hour 3 ]

Couldn't resist that. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This was supposedly the logo that was chosen in a fan poll when they had to change. They tried to clean it up, and added the B. I think you should drop the gray/silver. Ravens have a purple sheen, and photos have been posted on here before. I do like the direction you are taking, but I don't like the font used.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived