Iowa Stars New Alt.

Korbyn

I'm still confused as to how flames relate to stars.

aren't stars basically made out of flame?

big flaming balls of gas, really :)

and about the attendance woes... i wonder if it has anything to do with the rumor that the dallas stars are wanting to move their AHL affiliation to austin?

and about the attendance woes... i wonder if it has anything to do with the rumor that the dallas stars are wanting to move their AHL affiliation to austin?

Except they'd just be taking the players, not the franchise...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Going out on a limb here, the flames might be related to the Guns & Hoses event prior to the game. I know the fire dept. has been involved with the MDA and had a large presence at the game. Possibly the guy who designed the Guns & Hoses logo/uniforms had some influence on the design of the Stars jersey.

The guns and hoses logo:

big_stars.jpg

Now the guy who designed that logo does a lot of design work for local fire departments. He does custom shirts, logos, etc. So possibly he was a designer for the jerseys (though I haven't seen any indication of that.) Or maybe the Stars knew that the fire dept. was a big part of this benefit and geared the jerseys in that fashion.

The fans really liked the jerseys. I didn't hear a single bad comment. These were very well recieved despite the dislike on these forums.

Except they'd just be taking the players, not the franchise...

they'd take the franchise, as they know it.

they'd still have ahl hockey, but it wouldn't be their roster, nor would it be their team name, logo, or colors.

Archived