New logo in columbus, georgia...

Brian in Boston

Minor-league baseball's South Atlantic League will have a new member franchise come Tuesday at 1:30 PM EST. Well... sort of.

At that time, the South Georgia Waves will unveil their new name, logo, colors and uniforms. The Los Angeles Dodgers' affiliate will become the Columbus Catfish.

Reportedly, the team's new logo features a menacing blue catfish (Dare we assume, "Dodger Blue"?) wielding a baseball bat.

Brian in Boston

Reportedly, the team's new logo features a menacing blue catfish (Dare we assume, "Dodger Blue"?) wielding a baseball bat.

You sure he'll be wielding a baseball cap?  If so, I think that logo will be rather lame.  I'd lay odds on the catfish wearing a baseball cap.

Uh... actually Reaper98, I said that he'd be wielding a baseball "bat". It even says so in the passage you quoted.

Brian in Boston

So you mean it might look something like this?

OpenerLogo.gif

It's been done...11 years and running, baby.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Uh... actually Reaper98, I said that he'd be wielding a baseball "bat". It even says so in the passage you quoted.

Brian in Boston

So you mean it might look something like this?

OpenerLogo.gif

It's been done...11 years and running, baby.

Done well, might I add. :D

Funny thing is, that's the first thing I thought of too... 'cept you beat me to posting the image.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

reminds me of their old team in columbus, back when i lived in the area as a kid... the mudcats... it was a catfish inside a C... we went to like every game almost.....

i'd kill to find one of those hats now, that would fit me :) (7 7/8)

7 7/8??? Holy Gord!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

7 7/8??? Holy Gord!

I have to say...that's pretty much what I wear as well...

...and another reason why I don't wear hats...

(big o' melon-head)

i wear a lot of touques, because they tend to fit me a lot better.... i've got maybe 5 or 6... they really help as well, with a shaved head... because in the winter, it can get chilly without any hair :)

but i only own 1 baseball cap... a black dallas stars cap from new era... i had to get it special ordered, basically...

i've always had a huge head... when i was in jr. high, i wore 7 5/8....

but yeah, my hat size is 7 7/8, and that's WITHOUT HAIR making it bigger... i'm scared to see what my hat size would be if i had that stupid mop-top emo hair that's so popular now-a-days.

Chris Gallas, General Manager of the renamed Columbus Catfish (formerly the South Georgia Wave), has revealed some of the details behind the re-branding of the team.

He has gone on record as saying that one of the first things he wanted to do upon being hired as GM in November of last year, was to "change the team look and get the name more in line with the community." He further revealed that "the name came about from a mixture of the rich tradition of baseball in Columbus, the ballpark being on the Chattahoochee River and fishing being the major recreational activity in the area."

The team's new colors are going to be Royal Blue, Peach, Tan and Black. The home uniform will be White with Royal Blue pinstripes with the word "Catfish" across the chest. The road uniform will be solid Gray with the city name, "Columbus", across the chest. Both jerseys will feature a secondary mark depicting a Georgia peach with a fishing hook thrust through it.

Brian in Boston

Archived