Michigan in adidas

Vicious

I read that Hawaii left Nike because Nike spends too much time and effort on some select schools, while ignoring those without big-name status and publicity. So a smaller (or up-and-coming) company like adidas or UnderArmour will focus more attention and resources to a school, catering a plan individual to them, rather than using a style copied from someone else.

which is wierd for Michigan case cause i thought that they were a big school for nike? but I guess the smaller/ some big school don't like Nike approach, which is fair

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

If you go the the CNNSI college football frontpage, I think you can see a pic of the new away unis from Uof M's spring training. Are those it, or are they old uniforms?

If someone can post a pic, I'd appreciate it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/

No, it appears those are the Nike road jerseys with the "M" on the sleeve from before the most recent maize piping design. The player on the right behind Rodreguez is kind of out-of-focus but it appears the jersey has the Nike Swoosh on the collar. The players on the left definitely have the "M" and the maize/blue stripe-cuff. Probably just using old jerseys for practice.

If you go the the CNNSI college football frontpage, I think you can see a pic of the new away unis from Uof M's spring training. Are those it, or are they old uniforms?

If someone can post a pic, I'd appreciate it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/

No, it appears those are the Nike road jerseys with the "M" on the sleeve from before the most recent maize piping design. The player on the right behind Rodreguez is kind of out-of-focus but it appears the jersey has the Nike Swoosh on the collar. The players on the left definitely have the "M" and the maize/blue stripe-cuff. Probably just using old jerseys for practice.

good catch. My eyes are definetly not good enough to spot the swoosh. I'll keep waiting for the new ones then.

Nike has a hard time keeping some schools because they only want to back the successful sports. At Kansas they dropped coverage to all sports but basketball and football and only were giving them a slim chunk of change. In came Adidas and they laid down a huge sum to cover the whole athletic department. I'm sure it was all about the $$ to Michigan as well. Adidas makes good products though, just horrible shoes.

Soccer is a different story

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to one of the players on the team this week... He didn't know a lot of details for the new uni's but he told me they have already switched to adidas spikes and equipment and will fully make the switch after this semester. He also said the road uni's would be different which everyone kinda guessed. A surprise to me though he said the "# schemes" would be different! I hope they don't stray too much from a block style font. I have a hard time seeing them any different.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I talked to one of the players on the team this week... He didn't know a lot of details for the new uni's but he told me they have already switched to adidas spikes and equipment and will fully make the switch after this semester. He also said the road uni's would be different which everyone kinda guessed. A surprise to me though he said the "# schemes" would be different! I hope they don't stray too much from a block style font. I have a hard time seeing them any different.

I doubt as if they're anything but block, but I think if they were in an old-school rounded font similar to that of the Chicago Bears or...there's another style I'm thinking of but can't think of a team that uses it...then I think it could work.

Archived