NRL 2008 jerseys

Primal

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cowboys 1966 Heritage Jersey:

heritage_jersey_30jan08.JPG

Is that Laurie Spina modelling the jersey? :o

I'm guessing that's based on a Townsville jersey from the Foley Shield?

Is the St George throwback paying homage to their 1960s match against Great Britain or did they regularly wear stripes at one stage? They certainly didn't wear butcher stripes like those in that game I mentioned.

liverpool-1.png

As I have lived in Utah my entire life, I have never been able to follow these teams or anything, but I will say that these are really interesting. I like all these throwbacks and such, but someo of these templates are hideous. The Cowboys new one, for instance, is something I'd see in 1994. Meaning it looks waaaaaaay to mid 90's-ish to me. Some of these look really cool though. I'm glad you posted this - I'd always wanted to learn more about these teams.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Is the St George throwback paying homage to their 1960s match against Great Britain or did they regularly wear stripes at one stage? They certainly didn't wear butcher stripes like those in that game I mentioned.

The butcher stripes were used in the first Dragons jersey, they lasted a few years though the 20's and 30's.

sig.png

Warriors Heritage, I'm pretty sure this was one of their strips circa 2000. Personally I would have preferred they used their inaugural blue strip:

fan_day_3.jpg

Panthers Heritage (Chocolate Soldiers once again):

CENTENHERITAGE.jpg

sig.png

That Warriors heritage strip is just plain strange. They had a plain red alternate strip in the Super League season (worn with badly mismatched blue shorts) iirc, but it didn't have the V on it. If I didn't know better I'd almost claim that was a sponsor-instigated design ^_^

Why can't Penrith bring back the classic Chocolate Soldiers jersey, brown with the white shoulders :(

liverpool-1.png

That Warriors heritage strip is just plain strange. They had a plain red alternate strip in the Super League season (worn with badly mismatched blue shorts) iirc, but it didn't have the V on it. If I didn't know better I'd almost claim that was a sponsor-instigated design

Its almost identical to one they used around 2002, I'm suspecting its a jersey from a local team now.

sig.png

A change of sponsor for the Broncos:

lg_broncos08%20jersey%20-%20home.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

Is this the first instance of sleeve sponsor matching the front sponsor or were they just lazy mocking this up?

liverpool-1.png

I know it's only a training shirt, but...

lg_broncos08%20players%20training%20singlet.jpg

that's just wrong!

Is there a Mexican beer in Australia named "Quatros Equis"?

Also, what channel is Friday Night Football on again? For some reason, when looking at that training top, I forget.

Fake Edit: Just noticed this was a shop image. Someone's supposed to buy this? That thing's borderline NASCAR-bad.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://video2.foxsports.com.au/video.php?cat=648&id=6198

Fox Sport's "Captain's Call" with about half the captains wearing centenary jersey. I am ecstatic about the Raiders 1982 strip. From pics I saw somewhere, the CMFEU logo is styled like the old Woodgers logo and the jersey itself is cotton. I'll definately be picking one of those up this year.

sig.png

Archived