Tank Stumper 1/26/08

NJTank

I. Name the only Super Bowl Teams that chose to where white as the designated home team?

II. Name the players to have won a Heisman Trophy and a Super Bowl MVP?

III. Who are the three Super Bowl Teams who WON a Super Bowl without winning a home playoff game?

IV. What was the last Super Bowl film narrated by John Facenda?

V. Who are the only two current Giants who played in Super Bowl XXXV?

Tally

KennyRock 5

Rams80 4

Infared41 3

Zone Ranger 3

Leopard88 2

NoHoJoe 2

Rainmaker-2

Flame of Atlanta 1.6

The49erfan15 1.3

The Mad Mac 1

njmeadowlanders-1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

III. 1969 Kansas City Chiefs, 1980 Oakland Raiders, 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers. (Super Bowls IV, XV, and XL)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I. Name the only Super Bowl Teams that chose to where white as the designated home team?

Super Bowl XIII, the Cowboys were the "home" team and wore white. Super Bowl XVII, the Redskins were the home team and elected to wear white (which personally I think looks better), Super Bowl XXVII, the Cowboys were home and wore white, and Super Bowl XL, the Steelers elected to wear their white jerseys, since they wore them and won 3 post-season games on the road for luck, it obviously worked.

II. Name the players to have won a Heisman Trophy and a Super Bowl MVP?

Jim Plunkett, Super Bowl XV, Marcus Allen, Super Bowl XVIII, Roger Staubach, Super Bowl VI, Desmond Howard on special teams in Super Bowl XXXI.

III. Who are the three Super Bowl Teams who WON a Super Bowl without winning a home playoff game?

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL, Washington Redskins Super Bowl XXII, the other I'd guess is Kansas City Chiefs, 1969 season, leading up to Super Bowl IV.

IV. What was the last Super Bowl film narrated by John Facenda?

Super Bowl XVIII, the Los Angeles "RAIDAHS". It's been nearly a quarter-century since he died, and I STILL miss him. Thank goodness I own Super Bowls 1-30 Highlights along w/season highlights. It's an awesome thing to have!

V. Who are the only two current Giants who played in Super Bowl XXXV?

Strahan is one...Toomer the other, I believe.

Thanks!

Bill

Super Bowl XIII, the Cowboys were the "home" team and wore white. Super Bowl XVII, the Redskins were the home team and elected to wear white (which personally I think looks better), Super Bowl XXVII, the Cowboys were home and wore white, and Super Bowl XL, the Steelers elected to wear their white jerseys, since they wore them and won 3 post-season games on the road for luck, it obviously worked.

wdm1219inpenna

II.

Jim Plunkett, Super Bowl XV, Marcus Allen, Super Bowl XVIII, Roger Staubach, Super Bowl VI, Desmond Howard on special teams in Super Bowl XXXI.

infrared41 .5, zoneranger-.25, wdm1219inpenna.25

III. 1969 Kansas City Chiefs, 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers. (Super Bowls IV, and XL) Thats 2 of 3

rams80 .6

Who is the other team?????

IV. Super Bowl XVIII

wdm1219inpenna

V. Amani Toomer and Michael Strahan

Infared41

Tally

KennyRock 5

Rams80 4.6

Infared41 4.5

ZoneRanger 3.25

wdm1219inpenna 2.25

Leopard88 2

NoHoJoe 2

Rainmaker-2

Flame of Atlanta 1.6

The49erfan15 1.3

The Mad Mac 1

njmeadowlanders-1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Your third team for III. is the 1966 Packers for Super Bowl I.

That's cheap, man....they only played one game total in the NFL playoffs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Your third team for III. is the 1966 Packers for Super Bowl I.

That's cheap, man....they only played one game total in the NFL playoffs.

Yes it is the Packers thats what made that question great.

You now have the full point for it

Tally

KennyRock 5

Rams80 5

Infared41 4.5

ZoneRanger 3.25

wdm1219inpenna 2.25

Leopard88 2

NoHoJoe 2

Rainmaker-2

Flame of Atlanta 1.6

The49erfan15 1.3