49ers uni concept

rcb05

Alright, should be interesting, this is my first concept in quite a while (and apologies for the execution, it's MS Paint). I tried to combine some elements of the old and new uniforms for the niners, but still develop a look that's different from both of them. I think I pulled it off. I tweaked the primary logo to be more like the original, but kept the red facemask. The jersey gets rid of the awful sleeve striping and drop shadows, and I also switched to a serifed name/number font. The pants are very reminiscent of the 80s uniforms, but with the stripes scaled down a bit. The hip/secondary logo is also kind of a hyprid of their previous workmarks. I tried to use black without overwhelming the rest of the uniform. It appears only in the helmet logo/numbers/cleats.

C&C is, of course, welcome.

2235676215_1dac4016dd_b.jpg

I like your concept; the uni seems to be cleaned up a bit from what they have now. I'm not crazy about the wordmark on the pants, but it is an interesting design. I could see them wearing something like this.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

It's pretty nice, reminds me a lot of UCLA (the style, not colors).

First of all, there's a maroon/dark red gap in the primary logo on the S.

I don't like how there's no black (save number outlines) on the uniforms, and then there's a significant more amount on the logo. Either pick a lot of black or no black.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I just have to use my first post to respond to this.... As a Niner fan, I absolutely love this concept. I don't really like the hip logo, but everything else is fantastic (except maybe fill the area between the inner red and the black outline in the logo with gold). I'm just worried that the real unis are going to suck in comparison.

I'm not big on the hip logo either. Also, I like the numbers...gives it a better look.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Agree with a previous poster that it's too UCLA, and that the hip logo doesn't work. My only other observation is that using a secondary logo on the sleeves is better than repeating the helmet logo. That's one of the problems of the Saints' current unis, and they even repeat it again on the pants. :rolleyes:

Seems to me San Francisco should be a treasure trove for concept designers. The city is full of iconic elements whose shapes could be easily and cleverly incorporated into a concept. For example, what if these towers were a pattern for pants stripes?

ad_24312n.jpg

I'm just sayin'...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like it. I would move the hip logo to the side...or swap with the SF on the sleeve. While I like the font, I think it would be hard to read. Perhaps try the same font the SF is in. Also since black is an accent color in the logo i think it could use a touch more black perhaps as a piping on the pant stripe or the outer edge of the numbers. But a very good start! I am sure we will have a blizzard of Niner concepts on here soon enough.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• 3 months later...

I love these!

Tradition aside...the absence of gold in the classic jerseys always bugged me...these are a great way to incorporate it!

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived