2008 BracketBusters

Seadragon76

We're about two weeks away from BracketBusters and the matchups are now set with the times and networks coming next week.

Here are the matchups (That'll be on TV).

Friday, Feb. 22

UC Santa Barbara at Utah State

Davidson at Winthrop

Saturday, Feb. 23

VCU at Akron

Siena at Boise State

UW-Milwaukee at Bradley

Drake at Butler

Rider at Cal State Northridge

Marist at Cleveland State

George Mason at Ohio

Creighton at Oral Roberts

Kent State at Saint Mary's

Nevada at Southern Illinois

Miami (OH) at Valparaiso

Sunday, Feb. 24

Wright State at Illinois State

My favorite day in the college basketball season, short of Selection Sunday. I love seeing these teams people think might make a run out of nowhere in the tournament duke it out on the court.

That Drake-Butler matchup should be a good one. IMO, thats a matchup of the two best teams on the slate

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

I was hoping Appalachian would play Winthrop or George Mason. We got Niagra, no offense at all, just not the star name I wanted to play. (Or the RPI team we needed to play)

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Drake-Butler should be EPIC. A certain must see.

I'm sort of surprised Bradley got a tv game, although they have been hot lately.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Some of these games represent great regional matchups, but some others involve a tremendous amount of travel for the middle of conference seasons (Siena at Boise State, Rider at CS Northridge, Kent State at St. Mary's). I wonder if the benefit will outweigh the travel burden in those cases.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Some of these games represent great regional matchups, but some others involve a tremendous amount of travel for the middle of conference seasons (Siena at Boise State, Rider at CS Northridge, Kent State at St. Mary's). I wonder if the benefit will outweigh the travel burden in those cases.

Those who're on the road will benefit since they get the home standing teams to come out to their place next season (That rule applies to all BraketBuster matches, televised or not).

In the case of CS-Northridge, the game with Rider means a lot since the Matadors haven't played anyone worth a crap this season.

For Kent State, it's a chance to actually step up to play a big time mid-major in St. Mary's. Come to think of it, all three MAC East co-leaders have challenging games with Akron hosting VCU and Ohio hosting George Mason.

• 3 weeks later...

Well....props to basketball juggernaut Drake in beating Butler in midmajor apocalypse.

(Has trouble mentally reconciling "Drake" and "basketball juggernaut" in the same sentence)

Not sure if I will want to see Bradley on 360 as a result of Daniel Ruffin's indefinite suspension. I sense I know how this game will end now.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's still early, but who knows? Bradley did beat Drake.

I was quite happy about that, but then, as I said, Ruffin got arrested last night, effectively ending the Braves' season.

Today, we are all otaku.

Since we talking about Mid-Majors, let me present the 0-29 NJIT Highlanders: Highlanders lose season finale and fall to 0-29

What a sad story.

But according to willmorris, NJIT has an equal road resume to Memphis...so that's gotta be worth something. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Since we talking about Mid-Majors, let me present the 0-29 NJIT Highlanders: Highlanders lose season finale and fall to 0-29

What a sad story.

But according to willmorris, NJIT has an equal road resume to Memphis...so that's gotta be worth something. :P

LOL! That made me laugh, man. (BTW, will is probably not liking the score right now with Memphis up by 3)

What a sad story.

LOL! That made me laugh, man. (BTW, will is probably not liking the score right now with Memphis up by 3)

It won't matter if Memphis wins, it's still not a road win of any consequence. :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What a sad story.

And yet Will will find some reason to make them a #2 seed

What a sad story.

Representing Newark well :rolleyes:

The problem with NJIT is that unless its a school like Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech with a history, Engineering Schools don't do well it sports

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

f'in Niagara. App loses at the buzzer on a lucky shot. The student section then gets treated to middle fingers and a dancing coach. Total lack of class.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

You always talk about how much Jersey sucks, so yes, they do represent well. :P

I pass their tiny gym on the way to work every morning too, so now I can laugh when I go by.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I pass their tiny gym on the way to work every morning too, so now I can laugh when I go by.

So they should go to your office every morning and laugh at you, too, right?

I was quite happy about that, but then, as I said, Ruffin got arrested last night, effectively ending the Braves' season.

Well, I will admit I was wrong here (potentially). Nice win BU.

Today, we are all otaku.

So they should go to your office every morning and laugh at you, too, right?

If he goes 0-29, why not?

Archived