Ravens logo set (NOT FOR BALTIMORE)

udubs03

I'm sorry if this is against protocol...As some of you know, board member KCScout76 has been taking concepts for a new middle school in his area. I posted this concept in one of his threads, but it hasn't really elicited much response. I was hoping if I posted it separately, it might get a little more traffic.

This is one of my first real concepts, so I would truly appreciate some honest feedback.

Here it is:

ravens-concept2.png

C&C. Please!

Badger_zps8961c467.png

They would look better with "pupils" in the eyes - otherwise, very nicely done.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The wing really bothers me. It looks like he's being shot at or something. Make him look a bit more meancing, and you'll be good. I do like the word mark though.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Here's an update with pupils.

Gold isn't part of the scheme, and I think that would push it too much towards Baltimore's logo.

ravens-concept-redux.png

I'm really conflicted with the wing. I first had it curved and was told it would look better straight. I straightened the lines and was told it would look better curved. For lack of a real solution, I left it as is.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

The pupil looks so much better on this. The primary looks great now, but you have to fix the wing on the secondary:

- I agree with leggman in adding a second black wing in shadow.

- Get rid of that black line on the wing, what is that supposed to be?

- The wing almost seems too big. It looks like it's the size of the whole body.

- I don't like how the feathers on the wing are squared off. That's probably by biggest gripe.

Also, perhaps for the wordmark have the raven head coming out of the R. Just a thought.

Overall, very nice job. Hope to see some updates soon.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Here's an update with pupils.

Gold isn't part of the scheme, and I think that would push it too much towards Baltimore's logo.

ravens-concept-redux.png

I'm really conflicted with the wing. I first had it curved and was told it would look better straight. I straightened the lines and was told it would look better curved. For lack of a real solution, I left it as is.

Not too crazy about any of them but the secondary is dynamite! well done! I know many thinjk its not perfectly like a real raven but sometimes thats not a bad thing. The Thrashers' Brown Thrasher doesnt exactly look like a real one.

Did you actually read the thread? Or did you just want to get that first post out of the way so that you can now go and request a free logo?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Did you actually read the thread? Or did you just want to get that first post out of the way so that you can now go and request a free logo?

Haha...served.

Anyway, I have some updates for the secondary logo. But first, I'll explain myself a little. The line through the wing on the original design was meant to stylistically separate the bird's wing feathers as seen below:

realraven.png

I guess it does look a little weird, which brings me to my first update:

ravennew.png

I decided to play around with a shadowed second wing, and I'm pretty happy with these results:

ravennew2.png

Thanks to everyone who's been giving constructive feedback. It's been invaluable.

Please keep it up!

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I personally despise the current baltimore ravens logo, so this is a nice breath of fresh air. I could go with either wing design!

This isn't for the Baltimore Ravens...

I'm glad you like the logos, though.

**Could anyone tell me how to change the title of a thread? I feel I need to make it less ambiguous.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

**Could anyone tell me how to change the title of a thread? I feel I need to make it less ambiguous.

As the thread starter, if you go to your first post and use the 'Full Edit' option, you should be able to modify the thread's title.

udubs03,

The 2nd raven, full body, with the shadowed wing looks great. Every redux you've done has improved this logo immensely.

Keep up the good work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived