NHL Alternate Series

Korbyn

The latest is the DALLAS STARS! woah! I used the Iowa Stars design ... drool ... and joshcateyes logo.

C & C always appreciated

StarsAlternate.png

Canucks and Blackhawks will be here on Monday.

Man, I've never seen Korbyn do a Stars concept. This is a big surprise. And I don't know what you see in that logo. Not ripping on joshcateyes here, but that logo really sucks. Like, it looks like it was done in 5 minutes and barely looks like a 'D'. None of your design have really caught my eye. If you don't put out some more creative, well thought out designs, I don't see you getting many posts on this thread. I know I'm probably not gonna post again unless I see something good.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarsAlternate.png

Why would they not use their preexisting shoulder logo here? It fits fine and is 10x better than the mooterus. This is not an improvement over the mooterus.

We know the 2nd has to be green. They're not going to go gold. But the IStars green? Who rips off their AHL club? Granted I like the Iowa Stars kit(who doesn't?), but Dallas can not and will not lower themselves to taking it on.

My latest Alternates -

The Canucks using the Johnny Canuck logo

CasucksAlternate.png

And the Chicago Blackhawks with a meaner looking logo.

BlackhawksAlternate.png

Also now all the past jerseys have been updated with font and numbers.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

My latest is the Coyotes using a logo from a European league.

This is bad but I can't remember what the team is called so if someone can help me out and then give some C &C that would be perfect!

CoyotesAlternate.png

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I must say that these are the best jerseys concepts done in while. there is definatly alot of creativty, i especially like the ottawa jersey. very well done. i trust the rest of the jerseys will be just good and fresh. SOLID!

2sig.png

10180.png4912.png

CarlB.gif

I must say that these are the best jerseys concepts done in while. there is definatly alot of creativty, i especially like the ottawa jersey. very well done. i trust the rest of the jerseys will be just good and fresh. SOLID!

Ehhh, I think that's pushing it a little... Besides you've only been here for about 4 months.

My latest is the Coyotes using a logo from a European league.

This is bad but I can't remember what the team is called so if someone can help me out and then give some C &C that would be perfect!

CoyotesAlternate.png

The logo (a fox, for whatever it's worth) belongs to a Finnish SM-liiga team.

http://www.raumanlukko.fi/

Thanks, I saw the logo on NHL 08

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I like where you're going with these.

My favorite is the Dallas Stars (especially the logo) and the Ottawa 2D version.

The ones I'm not sure about are Toronto and Vancouver who looks too much alike (jerseys) ans they also both look too much like the Edmonton Oilers alternate they wore for the last couple of seasons...

And althought it's kinda cute, the Phoenix logo is too cartoonish for a conservative league like the NHL.

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
After taking about a week and a half off I continued on my alternate series. This time the San Jose Sharks.

C & C

SharksAlternate.png

Everything is solid, except for the numbers. They seem to get lost in the black jersey. I would recommend either white numbers outlined in teal and orange or orange numbers outlined in white and teal.

• 5 weeks later...

After a taking a huge break I am back with the Capitals. I would appreciate some C & C on this jersey especially because their is osmething missing and I don't know what it is.

CapitalsAlternate.png

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

the capitals is a big, big, BIG no.

It's way too plain. That logo is not good enough to be a primary either, keep it as a secondary. You have to much red on the socks with little red on the jersey so it stands out. The stars on the shoulder are alright, but on the bottom is just to nordiques-ey

After a taking a huge break I am back with the Capitals. I would appreciate some C & C on this jersey especially because their is osmething missing and I don't know what it is.

CapitalsAlternate.png

Wow, did you put any effort forth into this at all? Anyone can slap on a few stars to a blank template. Anyone can slightly angle stripes on a jersey (see Blackhawks concept). Not everyone can come up with new, original, nice-looking templates/designs, which you have failed to do this entire "series".

I think Patchey summed up pretty well what is wrong. My advice for making it better: back to the drawing board, which shouldn't be too hard since you didn't stray too far from it in the first place.

I don't see much effort in this series. I'm waiting to be proved wrong.

I would appreciate some C & C on this jersey especially because their is osmething missing and I don't know what it is.

Stripes. There is too much blue in the jersey and the stars look out of place without any stripes. I would think that white would be the best color for stripes if you add them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived