NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

That's really nice. I love that color combo, and it's not just all blue like they use now, it's an equal combo of yellow and blue which gives a very southern CA feel for me.

Still, I think it can get better. This is something I have been wanting to see on a Chargers concept and I think this would be the perfect fit: what I would like to see is a slightly slanted forward number font, with a yellow strikethrough, much like the wordmark. I feel like the forward motion would complement the speed and intensity indicated by the lightning bolt motif, and it would also get rid of the somewhat boring agency font they use (since agency seems to be the new fad).

I could do without the yellow jerseys. But overall, this is an excellent looking set.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm, well, uhm, ah, gee, ah, uhm, how do I say this? Um, I don't really "like" it so much, but then, I don't hate it either. I think there is a lot of good here, but also some stuff I could live without. Personally, I am not a fan of the changing color logos. I feel a strong logo will be strong, no matter what the choice of background color in the scheme. That being said, I do like the bolt motif on the jersey shoulders. I think it works well, especially in your concepts. I also could live without the yellow. I have mixed feelings about the pants side panel. On the one hand, the bolt is good, but on the othe hand, the half-outline doesn't really work for me. I think better without the outline. I would go with a yellow bolt on the blue pants, a blue bolt on the white pants, and a white bolt on the yellow pants (and here is where I think the blue outline around all of it would work well). Another way to go would be to go with solid pants with no side panels, but a diagonal zig-zag bolt across the belt area, kind of a strapping-on-the-lightning idea. And while I might even second guess this, has anyone tried a yellow helmet with a white bolt outlined in blue? It would definitely be unique.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

OK, as per Elliot's suggestion, the numbers now feature a strikethrough. I didn't go for the italicized font because I don't like italics on football uniforms; they don't fit the shape of the person wearing them IMO. Also, with the wordmark I am using being Agency, I felt the numerals should be consistent with that. Edge, IMO simpler logos like this one can change colors, this avoids an effect similar to the Angels "blood clots". The one-sided outline IMO anchors the bolts so they don't float and it adds visual interest more than a plain color bolt slapped on a uniform. Anyways, C&C is appreciated, and don't forget about the Seahawks. I'll just assume it's pretty much perfect if nobody will comment.

chargers4_home2.jpg

chargers4_away2.jpg

chargers4_alt2.jpg

SERIES FINALE:

After over a year of hard work, here are the final two action templates for the Seahawks and Chargers. I would like to here overall thoughts on the series, as well as anything anyone wants to say on Seattle or San Diego.

d_branch_variations.jpg

p_rivers_variations.jpg

It's been fun, an stay tuned for the resurgence of the MLB Redesign Project.

The one thing I will say, cat, is congratulations on actually completing the series! That's a daunting task no matter how you splice it. I done started about three or four series over the year and ain't finished nann one of them...so you definitely deserved your props.

I think, overall, with the quality of your body of work over the past year or so, you've made your name well-known in this forum. You've created some outstanding work. I'll definitely be checking for future work from you in the future--that's for sure, cat.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived