NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

Third, we have the Seahawks. (The Cardinals & 49ers are on the previous page.) I took the slate blue out of the logo for green because it greatly affected what I did with the uniform. I tied in the past with the seahawk on the sleeve and used that striping down the pants. I also added striped socks and a navy alternate. I tried a green one, but it was putrid.

seahawks_ID.jpg

seahawks_home.jpg

seahawks_away.jpg

seahawks_alt.jpg

Good choice on the dark blue alternate. So many try to pull of the green and it doesn't flow right. This one works. Well done! The striping is a bit wierd though...or is it supposed to mirror the haws' head????

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright... it's been a while. Sorry for the delay, I've been mucho busy. Anyways, starting wit the Bills. I don't think I have changed anything since I last posted, but I could see adding another pants color. I went with white helmets because the reds look weird without any other red items. I also went with navy shoulders, but kept royal blue the primary color. Don't have too much else to say about these.

bills_ID.jpg

bills_uniforms.jpg

Much better tham what they have now. Like the white helmet. Always looked better to me than the red,I think. And the shirt design (colors) flows better too. KUTGW.

Finally, the Jets. First off, I wanted a brighter green, but I didn't go for a two-tone green look because there is something really strong about the one-color and white look. I modernized the wordmark from the 80s and carried the font over to the uniform numbers. The helmets are a big change. I might not be the first person to use this kind of concept for a Jets helmet, but it is a really strong idea and I did tweak it to fit my concept. The jerseys are a blend of classic and modern. I based the sleeves off the jet shape but also added piping above it to show some love to the classic. The pants also play off the logo and tie in nicely with the jerseys.

jets_ID.jpg

jets_home.jpg

jets_away.jpg

Anyways, C&C is ALWAYS appreciated!

Huh? Now you've lost me. Where is this going? The Helmet seems a bit odd, like a thin white stripe on a green helmet. Not sure I like th enew workmark/logo either. I was always a fan of the Jets with the dark green uni's and the "Jets" with the fighter jet on the helmet. This seems lost somewhere trying to get to that point. Uni colors are OK, but the font on the numbers is a little odd, and somewhat hard to read without the conventional serifs, etc.

It's been a while. For the final two divisions, I am going to take it on a team-by-team basis. Without further adieu:

The SAN DIEGO CHARGERS!

This isn't a major overhaul because they did a lot of things right. Returning to powder blue, making the lightning bolt more consistent, white helmets, etc. But there were some tweaks I felt needed to be made. First, I brought in some helmet numerals. It's a unique touch to a very strong identity. I also featured powder blue as the primary color, reducing the role navy plays. I never liked the way the current sets treats the bolt on a navy background, so I changed that to something I believe really pops. In additon, I removed the panels that surround the lightning bolt currently. I believe they were unnecessary. I changed the facemasks to light blue and added a light blue set of pants.

chargers_ID.jpg

chargers_home.jpg

chargers_away.jpg

chargers_alt.jpg

I don't like the changing of the logo from bg color to bg color. The bolts all need to be the same IMO.

It has been forever! Anyways, here are the Buccaneers. Naturally, I didn't want to change a logo set this good. The main thing I did was design the uniforms to match the ragged look of the logo set, thus enhancing the overall identity. I also incorporated more orange to differentiate them from the Falcons more.

bucss_ID.jpg

bucs_home.jpg

bucs_away.jpg

bucs_alt.jpg

I can live with these. Kina odd on the home white/white to see orange socks, though. Was expecting red to match the white/pewter pants set... other than that, looks good. :D

Next, I have the Chiefs. This one has a lot more change. One thing that has always bothered me about the Chiefs set is the use of black on the helmets but not on the uniforms, and the use of yellow on the uniforms but not on the helmets. I decided to make the pieces match while going in a much more modern direction. I made the facemask yellow to match it with the yellow piping and to incorporate more yellow into the helmet. I decided that contrasting nameplates on the dark jerseys would also help incorporate more yellow. The stripe on the pants is an abstraction of a feather. And I know there are some people out there who are screaming about the black alts, but with the yellow piping, it makes more sense (didn't want 4 sets of pants). Plus, I'm sure I would hear just as much complaining about a yellow alt jersey.

chiefs_ID.jpg

chiefs_home.jpg

chiefs_away.jpg

chiefs_alt.jpg

Tough number font choice. Needs to be more readible from a distance. I like the feather/stripe on the pants. Uniquie, I believe. Works well otherwise. B)

OK, so next we have the Raiders. For this concept, I felt a logo update was completely necessary. I didn't want to overhaul it, I just wanted to modernize it. The uniforms also play on the basic idea of not doing too much. The silver and black is so strong, I didn't want the uni's to be outrageous, and thus, not within the tradition of the Raiders. So enjoy! I only have three teams left, but I will also edit some of my previous concepts to make the series stronger.

raiders_ID.jpg

raiders_home.jpg

raiders_away.jpg

raiders_alt.jpg

You found a way to make the Raiders actually look better. That's hard to do. Especially considering their colors. This works well. Can't find anything wrong with it! :rolleyes:

Alright, so I'm getting down there. Up next, we have the Atlanta Falcons. As anyone who has been keeping up with this thread knows, I have a modern style, and this Falcons concept falls in line with that. The biggest change is that I brought back the red helmet. It is a very unique feature that only two other teams have currently, and one other team has in my re-design. I went with a black facemask, so it matched the piping. I kept the red jersey as the primary because two other teams in the division have black primaries. The sleeves on the currents have always bothered me, so I switched them up to look more like wings. I really like the current numerals, so I kept those. I re-designed the pants for two reasons: 1) I believe these fit better with the jerseys now that there isn't a thin line of piping down the side. and 2) I have used Falcon-style pants a few times already, and I didn't think I should use them again. Finally, I put more red into the current logo set instead of using the purely unnecessary silver they currently have.

falcons_ID.jpg

falcons_home.jpg

falcons_away.jpg

falcons_alt.jpg

Surprisingly enough, the red helmet doesn't work with the "new" Falcons' logo. It's tooooo bright. If there was a second red, toned down, we might have somethign to work with, but as currently constructed, this red is too bright. Great for TV viewing, but blinding at close range. Can't do it.....gotta tone down. B)

OK, so I decided to re-work the Steelers. I felt that my last attempt was rushed and boring. I made the logo set more metallic to match the steel theme. I realizes altering the stell logo will be controversial, but this is a concept, why not go all out? I went with the diamond-plate texture for the striping, which is modern, but also epitomizes the Steelers toughness at the same time. I modified the numerals to include a bevel, enhancing the metallic look. I also, made the NOBs subtle to emphasize the team, which the Steelers have been very good at. The helmet now has a grey facemask, which I like when grey is in the color scheme, but not for teams like the Cards or Browns. Then it's just lazy. Anyways, C&C is greatly appreciated, and have at it.

steelers2_ID.jpg

steelers2_home.jpg

steelers2_away.jpg

steelers2_alt.jpg

steelers2_ha3.jpg

Nope. Changes it too much for my taste. I preferred the red and blue in the logo. Also wish they would find a way to add the red/blue stripes somewhere into the uni, but oh well..... :mad:

Well, I'm taking this time in which I don't have the energy to re-do the Panthers logo, and I am going back through and editing teams that I didn't quite get right the first time. So without further adieu, the Tennessee Titans? again. The main change on the logo set is the colors. They are now columbia blue, burgundy, and silver. I also added a new wordmark, to match the numerals, which now feature a bevel. I didn't continue the shoulder stripe down the sides like before. Instead, I ended them at the sleeves similar to the way they are on the pants. This allows for more mixing and matching options, although I only took the top two sets for each jersey.

titans2_ID.jpg

titans2_home.jpg

titans2_away.jpg

titans2_alt.jpg

Anyways, C&C is always appreciated. Let's hear what the masses have to say!

Columbia Blue + Maroon = well, lets not go there. Just change it to another color scheme. Maybe then I can stand to look at the set.....sorry, this one doesn't win me over. Makes me think the designer was color-blind and just pulled on a set of clothes or something......gotta go back to the drawing board. Sorry, two thumbs down here, IMO. :mad:

Well, I decided to update the Ravens this time around, being as it was the worst uniform in the series? until now. This time around I have a few more pants options. I tried to take the dark, edgy look of the logo and apply that style to the entire look. Also, the sleeves look a bit more like wings now, which I feel really adds to the on-field identity. I put their best raven logo on the helmet.

ravens2_ID.jpg

ravens2_home.jpg

ravens2_away.jpg

ravens2_alt.jpg

ravens2_ha3.jpg

Anyways, C&C is greatly appreciated.

'cept for the helmet, these are schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! A+ :D

OK? so I just had a chance to update the Ravens helmet, so here is a look at that. If anyone has any suggestions on the profile raven head logo, feel free to comment.

ravens2_ID2.jpg

By george, I think you've got it! This primary looks much better on the helmet! :D

Next up. the Bengals. Last time around, I kept a lot of the current pieces they had, and wanted to make a significant change this time around. So I decided to make a new striping pattern that made the jersey look powerful and sleek. I kept the B logo in the set, but I didn't use it on the uniform. I think that logo has applications for other things. I kept the orange shoulder area on the roads because I think it works well for them. I was debating a set of orange pants, but decided against it.

bengals2_ID.jpg

bengals2_home.jpg

bengals2_away.jpg

bengals2_alt.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

Always wondered what the bengal head would look like on the helmets with this kind of set. Now I know why that is a silly thought. This helmet looks better with your set anyway! WTG! B)

OK? last Jaguars revision. I promise. I lengthened the pant stripe as per chestnutz's suggestion.

jaguars2_home4.jpg

jaguars2_away4.jpg

jaguars2_alt4.jpg

Chargers will be up soon.

To quote a famous song..."...where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?" As in where are you going with this concept???????!!!!!!! My gosh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink:

I did a few last revisions when I put them on the action template. You may want to take a look at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Next we have another take on the Chargers. I have been through quite a few variations with this concept. On v.3, I have made the light blue a shade darker, which helps the yellow stand out more. I brought the bolts off the collar on the front, and up from the bottom of the pants. I also made the bolt consistent throughout the set. I tried yellow pants as an option, but the bolt didn't look right on yellow. C&C is always appreciated.

chargers3_ID.jpg

chargers3_home.jpg

chargers3_away.jpg

chargers3_alt.jpg

Archived