NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I decided to update the Ravens this time around, being as it was the worst uniform in the series? until now. This time around I have a few more pants options. I tried to take the dark, edgy look of the logo and apply that style to the entire look. Also, the sleeves look a bit more like wings now, which I feel really adds to the on-field identity. I put their best raven logo on the helmet.

ravens2_ID.jpg

ravens2_home.jpg

ravens2_away.jpg

ravens2_alt.jpg

ravens2_ha3.jpg

Anyways, C&C is greatly appreciated.

I LOVE THE CREAM!!!!!!!

Sorry, please forgive me....

that's what she said

Well, first of all, looking back through, that just made me laugh.

The Ravens are pretty good. I think the numbers look good, but the lack of black in the numbers on the purple jersey bothers me. I think the striping is good, especially on the pants, but it does reminds me of your Falcons design. Not in all respects, it's just that the overall design and the pants look similar. Good job, though.

The Ravens set would look better with yellow numbers and nameplates instead of white... aside from there and he body of the Away, there isn't any white in the concept, and it isn't really needed at all. Just focus on black/purple/yellow and the set will look much better for it, I think.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The helmet looks really weird. I think it's because every team with a character on its logo, the character is in profile. The Panthers' is looking out but still in profile. I think having a logo dead on coming out the side of helmet is weird looking to me.

The helmet looks really weird. I think it's because every team with a character on its logo, the character is in profile. The Panthers' is looking out but still in profile. I think having a logo dead on coming out the side of helmet is weird looking to me.

I agree somewhat. I think when it comes to birds, viewing them head on seems unnatural. This logo would be OK for a sleeve logo, but I don't care for it in this application. It's better than the original winged shield though. The only problem I have with the current helmet logo is the letter. Drop the B and you're good to go.

As for the uniforms, alternate two is my favorite as a home set. Change Away 2's numbers to black and you have a winner.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I think that the ravens logos are much better, but maybe change the logo. There is a really good one here:

http://chriscreamer.com/logo.php?id=320

Great job on the uniforms, but the helmet is not the best. I think if they went back to their original logo and kept your uniforms then that would be a fantastic combination.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Next up. the Bengals. Last time around, I kept a lot of the current pieces they had, and wanted to make a significant change this time around. So I decided to make a new striping pattern that made the jersey look powerful and sleek. I kept the B logo in the set, but I didn't use it on the uniform. I think that logo has applications for other things. I kept the orange shoulder area on the roads because I think it works well for them. I was debating a set of orange pants, but decided against it.

bengals2_ID.jpg

bengals2_home.jpg

bengals2_away.jpg

bengals2_alt.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

Interesting, I like the direction you are going with the Bengals, but I haven't made up my mind if I like these jerseys. I think the collarbone stripes go well with the shoulder yoke, but something about the shoulder yoke is weird to me, it looks awkward in my mind. I like shoulder yokes that go all the way across like the Titans. But these look like a hockey element that was misplaced on a football jersey. I don't know, it might be personal preference but I would rather see it go all the way across. I do, however, like the collarbone stripe, and the way it goes off of the collar as the collar ends. Also, on the black pants, maybe the white should be dropped to match the shoulders? Or you might be trying to match the numbers, I don't know.

Also, the updated Baltimore logo looks excellent without the B, I really like it.

The home and alternate look great. But the road loses the tiger stripe look on the shoulders that the other two have. I would get rid of the orange on the shoulders and make it white, and I would make the black striping orange. If you feel that's too much orange maybe go with black numbers to balance it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back. Uniguy, I tried the variations, and IMHO, I think the orange yoke is far superior. Thanks for the C&C, anyways. So next up is Jaguars v.2. The major change is the removal of teal, which I felt was necessary to move in a modern direction. To me teal seems rather dated on most teams, excluding the Dolphins. I have replaced it a rust orange. I tried a variety of color options, but in the end rust orange was the only color that both worked with black and gold and did not infringe on another teams identity. Here is a short explanation of the other color candidates:

Red (multiple shades): Too much like Washington and San Francisco

Kelly Green: Clashed with Gold and Black

Light Blue: See Kelly Green

Ultramarine: Too much like the Ravens

The wordmark is updated to feature the spots. The uniforms also feature the spots, but unlike before, I have contained them in accent panels this time around. The collars also feature the spots as an accent. Well, I might well just get to the images, so people can see what I am talking about. Keep the C&C coming, please.

jaguars2_ID.jpg

jaguars2_home.jpg

jaguars2_away.jpg

jaguars2_alt.jpg

Don't worry about Bohob, he rarely makes any sense

Okay, I was referring to the fact that there have been plenty of instances where people have needed clarification on what you were saying. Did I come off as rude? Sure. As a liar? Not really. I have never been repeatedly asked for clarification. Also, I realize you have turned off the caps lock and are doing better with that. So, sorry if I offended you. Let's get back to the concept now. If anyone else has C&C, I would love to hear it.

Don't worry about Bohob, he rarely makes any sense

Okay, I was referring to the fact that there have been plenty of instances where people have needed clarification on what you were saying. Did I come off as rude? Sure. As a liar? Not really. I have never been repeatedly asked for clarification. Also, I realize you have turned off the caps lock and are doing better with that. So, sorry if I offended you. Let's get back to the concept now. If anyone else has C&C, I would love to hear it.

ehh dont worry about what he is saying, he is all caught up in the NFL Reserve thing, anyways too the concept.

Like Throwback said, I like the creativity, but the orange is not good here, I dont like the teal much more but if used right somethimes it looks really good, I would probably go with White, Black, Gold, and Silver, I think that would probably make it look alot better. Anyway I love your Ravens and Bengal Concepts they look really good! Keep up the good work!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived