NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bohob. I was just wondering, i have a site called touchdowndesign.blogspot.com, and its about football art. I was wondering if i could use some of these logos and put them on my site. I would include your name of course. Reply as soon as possible or send me an email at flames1215@hotmail.com

Guest darkpiranha

Nice work on most of these. Some I'm kinda meh on, but none of them bother me. However, I have to say I absolutely LOVE the Texans unis. Following not too far behind are the Bills and Chiefs. I wish you'd put a bit of yellow into the Cardinals unis.

Hey Bohob. I was just wondering, i have a site called touchdowndesign.blogspot.com, and its about football art. I was wondering if i could use some of these logos and put them on my site. I would include your name of course. Reply as soon as possible or send me an email at flames1215@hotmail.com

Hi. What capacity were you planning on using my designs in? I looked around the site and I didn't really see any sort of concepts area. I only really saw logo contests for AFL teams.

Hi. What capacity were you planning on using my designs in? I looked around the site and I didn't really see any sort of concepts area. I only really saw logo contests for AFL teams.

Hey. That was just the first page. I have the AFL logo tournament up right now, but when i get concepts i post them. I have posted a couple of nice concepts on my site, and I thought that a lot of your designs here were quite good. I was just hoping that I could post some of them. Its OK if you dont want me to post them.

Hey. That was just the first page. I have the AFL logo tournament up right now, but when i get concepts i post them. I have posted a couple of nice concepts on my site, and I thought that a lot of your designs here were quite good. I was just hoping that I could post some of them. Its OK if you dont want me to post them.

OK. I think that will be alright if you post them. I was just wondering how they would be used.

OK. I think that will be alright if you post them. I was just wondering how they would be used.

So, could you send me the 3 that you think are the best, then I will post them on the site? I should have them up today or tomorrow if you send them to me.

I love the Chargers,they are my favorite west team, I really like the bolt as the pant stripe, I also like red on the pats, wouldnt mind seeing them take the field with those. as a fan of the falcons tho Im very anxios to see thier possibilities. Keep up the good work!!!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have just completed the Denver Broncos, and thought I would share it. The first question I had to ask was how I would modify a revolutionary uniform such as the Broncos. As you can see, I went back to the orange and royal color scheme to differentiate the Broncos from the Bears, as well as throwback to the Orange Crush era. I also edited the uniforms so that the pants and jerseys could be mixed and matched.

Enjoy!

broncos_ID.jpg

broncos_home.jpg

broncos_away.jpg

broncos_alt.jpg

Hey there, bohob. Just stumbled across your thread (a relative newbie to these forums), and I have to say that some of your work is downright amazing; subtle tweaks that help modernize a lot of teams that desperately need modernization. Some quick comments about your earlier work...I especially liked the arrowhead striping on the Chiefs' pants, the stars on the jersey in Houston, and the Colts dotted shoulder striping. I also really liked the new Browns logo, though maybe people would've liked it more if it was just a "B" on the helmets instead of the full logo? Oh, and I like the new Jets helmet logo, but as it is it very strongly resembles the Washington RedPigskinsWarriors helmet logo (the arrow). Regardless, that's all in the past - seems like I'm just in time to give some C+C on my hometown team :) .

I really like the return to the orange and blue of the bygone era, and for much the same reason that you gave (differentiate from the Bears). Did you try mixing and matching the colors at all? New orange/royal blue, or navy blue/original orange? To me, the old colors and the new logo just don't mesh all that well...though that may just be because I automatically associate the new logo with the new colors. Aside from that, though, excellent designs on the uniforms. I love the full stripe on the pants, much better than the swooshstripe we have currently. For some reason, the belt looks very out of place on the back views - I think it's the white highlighting and the dots in the middle. Maybe it'll grow on me, we'll see.

The only thing that really struck me as awkward was the secondary logo. The bottom half of the D looks awkward coming out from behind the joint of the B, and it seems to me like it clutters that area. I did a quick mock-up of what it'd look like if the crossing areas were flipped, and I think that it might look better:

db.jpg

Keep up the great work!

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

For some reason, the belt looks very out of place on the back views - I think it's the white highlighting and the dots in the middle. Maybe it'll grow on me, we'll see.

That isn't the belt on the back. It's piping with the word DENVER above it. I specifically put the piping at the top of the back of the pants so it wouldn't run into the jerseys, thus allowing for mix-and-match madness. I'll try that suggestion with the secondary, though. Thanks.

If anyone else wants to put some suggestions in, so I can tweak anything that needs it, I would appreciate it. Also, I will be re-doing some teams as I near the end here, so if anyone wants to weigh in on the best and worst of this series so far, feel free.

These are some great uniforms. The Broncos need to go back to an orange primary and you somehow made the royal look good without looking old.My only gripe would be the multiple pants. Nice Job. I think the white a good enough or white and only another color would be necessary.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

These are some great uniforms. The Broncos need to go back to an orange primary and you somehow made the royal look good without looking old.My only gripe would be the multiple pants. Nice Job. I think the white a good enough or white and only another color would be necessary.

I know it's not the most popular viewpoint, but I like monochrome sets when it comes to modern-style uniforms. Thanks for the feedback.

OK, so next we have the Raiders. For this concept, I felt a logo update was completely necessary. I didn't want to overhaul it, I just wanted to modernize it. The uniforms also play on the basic idea of not doing too much. The silver and black is so strong, I didn't want the uni's to be outrageous, and thus, not within the tradition of the Raiders. So enjoy! I only have three teams left, but I will also edit some of my previous concepts to make the series stronger.

raiders_ID.jpg

raiders_home.jpg

raiders_away.jpg

raiders_alt.jpg

Well, I feel I didn't get a chance to fully explain my concept the first time around, so here goes.

The first thing I changed was the facemask. Why would a team that prides itself on being "The Silver and Black" have a grey facemask? Or white shoes, which I also changed to black. I also changed the numerals because I felt something slightly more intimidating would be more effective. With the piping, I wanted something that, at a glance, still showed off the single pant-stripe, but extended further into the sleeve area to give it a more modern feel. The piping on the sleeves not only crops to shoulder pads, but also mirrors the top of the Raider crest. I also wanted the away uniforms to feature more black, but I stopped short of black pants on the aways because, unlike the Broncos, the tri-color look didn't work at all in this case. The silver alternate is intended to be worn on the road, in an attempt to take "Silver and Black" to another level.

Now, on to the logo revisions. I edited the outline for the logos when placed on a white background, so that the outline, which is now silver, shows up. I also put up a side-by-side of my primary logo concept and the current crest. This is for those who aren't as familiar with football and those who don't have the anal-retentive attention to detail that I do. With the logo, I wanted to make the Raider tougher. On the current logo, he looks complacent. I added scars along the left side and cleaned up the lines to make it more dynamic. I also added a shine to the helmet, shading to his face, and more detail to the swords. Enjoy!

raiders_ID2.jpg

raiders_logo_compare.jpg

Anyways, I hope to get more C&C this time around before I get buried on the second page again. I mean, really, what is the point of putting work up if no one comments? I could let these concepts sit on my computer if I wanted nobody to acknowledge them. So love the concepts, or hate 'em, I would love to here what people think. I can't get better if nobody tells me how.

Archived