NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

These redesigns are really sensational! I've been enjoying looking at them very much. The only one that made me laugh out loud was the Lions. The lion head looks like it is smiling almost. If it had a bit more of a ferocious look on his face, it would get rated 100/100 by me. Right now it's a 90/100, really sleek and sharp looking! And for a franchise that needs a face lift, that would be sensational, except make the Lion look meaner. He looks like he's standing in a wind tunnel grinning :)

Thanks!

Bill

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE: I updated the Ravens logo by adding a black shadow around the top of the head and removed the gold stripe from the back.

Revised Ravens Logo Set

Revised Ravens Home Uniforms

Revised Ravens Away Uniforms

Revised Ravens Alternate Uniforms

C&C, as usual.

I like how the raven looks, with the open mouth ready to strike or bite someone. Good redesign.

LOVING the Packers uniforms. Count me in the minority of Packers fans that would actually like to see some consistencey with the striping.

Yeah, as a Wisconsin native (although not a Packer fan), I wanted something that wouldn't make people revolt in the streets. I tried metallic gold but it just didn't look like the Packers.

I'm not a fan (OK, I hate) putting the wordmark on the jersey. If you can't tell the uniform from the colors and style of uniform, then you haven't done a good job of designing the uniform. JMODO

It's where I sit.

I'm not a fan (OK, I hate) putting the wordmark on the jersey. If you can't tell the uniform from the colors and style of uniform, then you haven't done a good job of designing the uniform. JMODO

Be that as it may, I really like the trend. I think it's a nice way to add a nuance to a jersey. And if that's your opinion, then why not remove the logos from the helmets? Let's have 32 teams with blank helmets. Every game will look like Notre Dame vs. Penn State.

Be that as it may, I really like the trend. I think it's a nice way to add a nuance to a jersey. And if that's your opinion, then why not remove the logos from the helmets? Let's have 32 teams with blank helmets. Every game will look like Notre Dame vs. Penn State.

Nope, not even close. The helmet is the branding mark used by football teams. Uniform design is all about making the colors and striping patterns recognizable. Adding a copy of the wordmark or logo on the chest or under the neckline is a crutch. Nothing personal, it's just my opinion.

It's where I sit.

The difference is that helmet logos are meant to be seen from the stands.

Wordmarks on uniforms are put there for merchandising.

There's a world of difference between the two.

OK, I see your point, but I still think the neckline wordmark is still useful as a uniform design element. Maybe you won't see them from the stands, but most people don't watch football games from the stands. Most people watch football on TV, where the wordmarks are very visible for close-ups.

Next on my tour de uniforms is the AFC South. This one took a little longer because I now have 3 jobs, but I am determined to finish this. Anyways, to the teams.

First up is Houston. I took what was a good start by the team and took it further. I think the jersey kind of looks like a Western button-up shirt! I also changed the pants to match the jerseys, and ditched the red mono uniform. Not that I hate the mono, but the Texans look silly in all red. I also put the logo on the hip.

texans_ID.jpg

texans_home.jpg

texans_away.jpg

texans_alt.jpg

Second, the Colts. I made the facemask blue, but the noticeable change is the inclusion of dots from the logo into the striping. It reminds me of the Argonauts in a good way. I also used the logo in the wordmarks. I would like to know which wordmark looks better, because I'm not quite sure. I also switched up the numbers.

colts_ID.jpg

colts_uniforms.jpg

On the Jags, I kind of went off the deep end. But I like it nonetheless. I re-did the wordmark, and kept two of the logos (the full-body jaguar took so long to trace...). I went with a black primary, white away with teal numbers, and a gold alternate. The shoulder stripes are the jaguar spots, which I also worked into the pants. Only a team like the Jags could pull this off! Although, I lessened the teal, I did not forget it. I still think they look the the Jags with these.

jaguars_ID.jpg

jaguars_home.jpg

jaguars_away.jpg

jaguars_alt.jpg

Last, but not least, the Titans. I ditched the unnecessary silver in the logos and made the t-sword the primary. No more flaming thumbtack! The secondary is derived from the primary. I'm not sure about the wordmark, would love some critique on that. I made the light blue the primary and continued the shoulder stripe down the sides through the pants (also made it consistent). I also added a little red, and put the secondary on the back of the neck and on the hip.

titans_uniforms.jpg

titans_altID.jpg

C&C is always appreciated!

Archived