NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

Third, we have the Seahawks. (The Cardinals & 49ers are on the previous page.) I took the slate blue out of the logo for green because it greatly affected what I did with the uniform. I tied in the past with the seahawk on the sleeve and used that striping down the pants. I also added striped socks and a navy alternate. I tried a green one, but it was putrid.

seahawks_ID.jpg

seahawks_home.jpg

seahawks_away.jpg

seahawks_alt.jpg

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last but not least, the Rams. I went back to the royal blue, but kept the gold. I think this will give them their own identity since their are so few teams with royal now. I updated the ram horn on the helmet, and modified the shoulder striping. I also made one pants template for both pants colors. I also updated the socks.

rams_ID.jpg

rams_home.jpg

rams_away.jpg

rams_alt.jpg

Cardinals

These seem pretty nice. I don't know what the difference is between the primary and secondary logo other than the orientation of the bird's head. I'm personally not so sure about the yellow alt jerseys, but they're alright. An interesting thing to try out would be a gradient jersey from yellow to blue, which might tribute back to the AZ state flag. It might be ghastly, but interesting.

49ers

I'm personally one of the fans of the Niners current threads, but I still like your concept. I really like the idea of the 49 secondary, though I would shorten the horizontal cross on the 4. That way, it'll just look like a regular typeset from, say, an old document of sorts (where they would make the numbers different heights). I like the Home and Away ones, but I'm not a big fan of Home 2, Away 2, or either of the alternates. See if mixing the red pants and gold jersey looks good.

Seahawks

I am one of the few people who would like to see a bit more lime green in the Seahawks current threads, though it looks a bit much with your concept. I see what you were trying to do, and while it works well, the lime green kinda hurts a bit. Try darkening up the green just a smidgen, to something more like emerald green. I definitely like the inclusion of the full seahawk head on the side like their old jerseys.

Rams

By far one of the best concepts. I had been wondering for years why the Rams never changed their helmet to reflect the horn on their ram head logo, and you did it perfectly. I like the return to the royal blue. Solid concept, even though I hate the Rams.

galaxy.png

Cardinals

These seem pretty nice. I don't know what the difference is between the primary and secondary logo other than the orientation of the bird's head. I'm personally not so sure about the yellow alt jerseys, but they're alright. An interesting thing to try out would be a gradient jersey from yellow to blue, which might tribute back to the AZ state flag. It might be ghastly, but interesting.

Yeah, I know, but I think the team actually uses both, and, come to think of it. I guess the secondary is rather unnecessary.

I LOVE the Lions alt... i've always been a fan of their jerseys... don't love the logo, but hte alt is incredible!!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Dump the brown on the 49ers, try using silver. It has been in their color scheme in the past. Also the secondary is headed in the right direction, but it looks off now. None of the Gold or Yellow alternates are working for me. Also I know you were just showing the combos, but the mono scheme is bad for all teams.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Dump the brown on the 49ers, try using silver. It has been in their color scheme in the past. Also the secondary is headed in the right direction, but it looks off now. None of the Gold or Yellow alternates are working for me. Also I know you were just showing the combos, but the mono scheme is bad for all teams.

Silver? No offense, but red, silver, and gold would look like mush. The brown is an alternative to black as the dark color to give the logo definition. That wouldn't work with silver. As far as the gold alt., I said I would scrap it for brown if that was popular opinion.

Silver? No offense, but red, silver, and gold would look like mush. The brown is an alternative to black as the dark color to give the logo definition. That wouldn't work with silver. As far as the gold alt., I said I would scrap it for brown if that was popular opinion.

Yeah silver might not give it that pop the uniforms need. I for one like the niners design. I would never thought brown, red, and gold would go well on football uniform together (maybe a chocolate candybar wrapper or something). However though it looks okay, I wouldn't be for it. If you don't want to use black, how about a dark gray (anywhere from 60%-80% black). It might be near as dark as black but it isn't black.

Other than that, the Cardinals seem fine, although I don't like the plain/simple line piping down the pants (maybe more color). The Rams aren't bad but their uniform tops seem like their missing something. Maybe add bigger stripe on the tops (maybe shoulder stripes). And the Seahawks...well....nah. The uniforms seem plain and the Seahawk logo on the tops seems tacky. The unis look like there from the 90's. But, the use of lime green is really extreme. I think it should be used on a smaller scale w/ the uniforms.

Edit: Plus add some white the Niners gold bottoms. It look better I think.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

OK... I was looking at the West and seeing what kind of edits I could make, and something struck me for the Cardinals pants. So I tried it out. I also tried a Silver Seahawks helmet, but it would have been too many colors IMO. Anyways, C&C is appreciated.

cardinals_home2.jpg

cardinals_away2.jpg

cardinals_alt2.jpg

OK... I was looking at the West and seeing what kind of edits I could make, and something struck me for the Cardinals pants. So I tried it out. I also tried a Silver Seahawks helmet, but it would have been too many colors IMO. Anyways, C&C is appreciated.

cardinals_home2.jpg

cardinals_away2.jpg

cardinals_alt2.jpg

I'd love to see that yellow jersey in person, very unique shade of yellow, could look good on the field.

rob66.png

Arizona = Everything looks alright, except the yellow alternates. Then again, yellow is better than black in the desert heat. And I'm gonna counteract myself here...but I believe a subtle touch of yellow could add a little more pop to the Cardinals jerseys. Sort of like an accent color.

San Francisco = My suggestions would follow spitz's suggestion to the secondary logo and dump the brownish jersey. I usually think of the Niners being a red and gold team, with subtle touches of the colors that you brought in.

Seattle and Saint Louis = Wonderful rehashings. And personally, I do like the green that has been slightly incorporated with the Seahawks. Just as long as I don't see another fully lime green alternate (Gah! My eyes!), everything should be fine. Also, good work on revising the Rams helmet logo. It really goes well with the rest of the identity package.

OK.. so I worked a little on the 49ers. I ditched the gold jersey and developed a brown alternate.I think the brown lets it still be the 49ers, although it hasn't been one of their colors before. I think it works well with the gold. I ditched the red mono and went with a red jersey-white pants look that works a bit better. I also tried the logo suggestion by spitz, but it just wasn't balanced. It looked like the 9 would fall on its back.

49ers_home2.jpg

49ers_alt2.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

OK.. so I worked a little on the 49ers. I ditched the gold jersey and developed a brown alternate.I think the brown lets it still be the 49ers, although it hasn't been one of their colors before. I think it works well with the gold. I ditched the red mono and went with a red jersey-white pants look that works a bit better. I also tried the logo suggestion by spitz, but it just wasn't balanced. It looked like the 9 would fall on its back.

49ers_home2.jpg

49ers_alt2.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

These remind of a Twix/Kit-Kat Chocolate candybar.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

sorry to say b ut no. brown is not a 49ers color. silver would work better i think. everything else is nice, though.

if you're gonna go with a darker color, black would work

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

sorry to say b ut no. brown is not a 49ers color. silver would work better i think. everything else is nice, though.

if you're gonna go with a darker color, black would work

No offense, but this isn't 1997. You can't just throw black on something and call it a concept. Honestly, why would black look better? It wouldn't work as an alternate jersey. It would look like a Saints rip off. I know jus2damcrazey suggested dark grey, but that looks too Buccaneers. I tried burgundy, but brown looked better. I was trying to find an original color combination for the Niners, and brown gives it that modern yet classic feel I was going for. And I think I made my point on silver already (looks like mush).

I feel you on the black. I think brown was a very logical choice in this situation. Also, I LOVE the number font you used on the Niners jerseys, too. However, I'm not feeling those red pants AT ALL.

As for the Cards, those unis could come or go. With the exception of the yellow alt(which is superb), I just don't feel like you've changed them enough to warrant the post.

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived