NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

the raiders are a tough sell. if youre gonna do a revamp, you'd might as well really go for it. as for your concept, its headed in the right direction. i think the tweaks to the face are good, but the squinty eye makes the logo. your guy with eye open, kinda looks like jimmy kimmel. the squint says mean, says raiders. regarding the uniforms, i'd like to see the secondary logos on a helmet. maybe a black helmet, silver facemask? i think the numbers are far too elongated. they need to be a bit more stout to add some pop. that grey/silver your using seems a bit on the cool side, maybe warm it up a bit. im thinking the tv numbers could move to the shoulders, and a stripped down shield/cross swords could take their place. pretty good start, but these are changes i envision when thinking of retooling the raiders. youre gonna get blasted for futzing with a classic, so might as well go all the way.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the tweaks to the face are good, but the squinty eye makes the logo. your guy with eye open, kinda looks like jimmy kimmel. the squint says mean, says raiders.

One question: How can the Raider see with one eye covered and one eye squinting? And thanks for pointing out that it looks like Jimmy Kimmel. I didn't notice it until you said it.

i think the tweaks to the face are good, but the squinty eye makes the logo. your guy with eye open, kinda looks like jimmy kimmel. the squint says mean, says raiders.

One question: How can the Raider see with one eye covered and one eye squinting? And thanks for pointing out that it looks like Jimmy Kimmel. I didn't notice it until you said it.

he's focusing

Bohob, I totally dig the update to the Raider and his shield. I would equate it to the Dolphins' update of their helmet logo. Sad as it is to say, I didn't really notice that update until I saw the two Dolphins logos side by side. It was a very smooth transition from the old to the new there, and I feel that your update of the Raiders logo is along those same lines. A definite update, but not so far removed from the past that it seems disconnected. ^_^

I'm back with more revisions to the Raider, so here's a new logo sheet and and large comparison from the previous version. When I stepped away from the logo a little, after some of grubstreet's comments, I realized that although I didn't think the squint was necessary, I did see the logo needed a little work. So, I changed the shading on the helmet and added some shadows around his eyes, which I believe gives the logo more depth and makes it look less like Jimmy Kimmel. I also worked on the eyebrow a little. Tell me what you think because C&C is always appreciated.

raiders_ID3.jpg

raiders_logo_compare2.jpg

Well, the Extravaganza is back! This time I have my first overhaul of a team I have already done a concept for. The lucky team is the Cleveland Browns. Here is the previous version.

Browns Logo Set

Browns Home Uniforms

Browns Away Uniforms

Browns Alternate Uniforms

The main change is that I changed the white to a cream color. This is the first time I have ever seen this in football, and quite frankly, I think it gives the Browns a more complete color scheme. For the logo set, I removed the stroke around the B of the primary logo, and I made the color change to cream. The uniforms are a blend of the modern and classic styles, much like I did with the Dolphins. I wanted to keep the same overall feel, but bring it up to date. And, yes, I realize there are a lot of color combinations, but the Browns, IMO, have such a great color scheme that they can get away with it.

browns2_ID.jpg

browns2_home.jpg

browns2_away.jpg

browns2_ha3.jpg

browns2_alt.jpg

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated, and if you want to comment on any of the previous concepts in this thread, feel free.

Nice work on Cleveland. I love the Brown facemask. The only improvement (IMO) I'd like to see is getting the white off of the ALT sleeve stripes. With no white on the numbers, why not just remove all the white (outside of the back logo, NFL Sheild and "AL")?

Love the primary logo. Perfect for a team with such low key uniforms/logos. And thanks for not using a dog.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I actually like the cream and would be interested to see how it looked on a football field.

But... piping for the sake of piping drives me nuts. It's my biggest issue with the RBK NHL and I don't like it here either. I would lose the orange piping, but make the orange pants primary for the home and road unis.

Oh and I think it might be interesting to have the "B" logo on the sleeve through the stripe, sort of like how they have the "AL" now.

Archived