NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

I actually like the cream and would be interested to see how it looked on a football field.

But... piping for the sake of piping drives me nuts. It's my biggest issue with the RBK NHL and I don't like it here either. I would lose the orange piping, but make the orange pants primary for the home and road unis.

Oh and I think it might be interesting to have the "B" logo on the sleeve through the stripe, sort of like how they have the "AL" now.

I'm not trying to be rude, but the piping isn't for the sake of piping. It's combined with stripes to show a blend of the modern and classic styles. I have thought this through, whereas the RBK NHL seems rushed because every team is templated. These are custom solutions that I am creating.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so I'm getting down there. Up next, we have the Atlanta Falcons. As anyone who has been keeping up with this thread knows, I have a modern style, and this Falcons concept falls in line with that. The biggest change is that I brought back the red helmet. It is a very unique feature that only two other teams have currently, and one other team has in my re-design. I went with a black facemask, so it matched the piping. I kept the red jersey as the primary because two other teams in the division have black primaries. The sleeves on the currents have always bothered me, so I switched them up to look more like wings. I really like the current numerals, so I kept those. I re-designed the pants for two reasons: 1) I believe these fit better with the jerseys now that there isn't a thin line of piping down the side. and 2) I have used Falcon-style pants a few times already, and I didn't think I should use them again. Finally, I put more red into the current logo set instead of using the purely unnecessary silver they currently have.

falcons_ID.jpg

falcons_home.jpg

falcons_away.jpg

falcons_alt.jpg

Next up, we have New Orleans. I had a lot of fun with this one. I tried to inject some of the city's flavor into this one. I used the Reds font because I feel it works well with the fleur-de-lis. I would also like to give credit to Conrad for inspiring me to use wrought iron. His Hornets concept was so amazing, and I felt it could be adapted to the Saints. Please take the time to zoom in to see the detail on the wrought iron parts.

saints_ID.jpg

saints_home.jpg

saints_away.jpg

saints_alt.jpg

Anyways, I would love some C&C on these and the Falcons. Enjoy!

P.S. (After the Panthers, I will go back and re-do some of the older ones.)

Falcons - Not digging this one. I like what you did to the logo, but the jerseys are a downgrade IMO. I do, however, like the pants. If you could mimic that striping to the jerseys, it'd look pretty good.

Saints - Love everything about it, just need to simplify the designs on the pants and jersey a little bit. I was really thinking about doing that for my Saints concept, but didn't know how to make a design like that at all. The wordmark is fantastic though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Falcons - Not digging this one. I like what you did to the logo, but the jerseys are a downgrade IMO. I do, however, like the pants. If you could mimic that striping to the jerseys, it'd look pretty good.

Saints - Love everything about it, just need to simplify the designs on the pants and jersey a little bit. I was really thinking about doing that for my Saints concept, but didn't know how to make a design like that at all. The wordmark is fantastic though.

How do you feel about the red helmet? I was hoping to find out the consensus on that.

Browns: away 3 and alternate 1 for the browns are just great, i love the way u made cream work in the set, great work for the browns, onlty thing missing...a helmet decal lol

Altlant: Great work, love the red pants/helmet. that would be a welcome change in the atl i think. also try a black to red pants combo i think that would be a great alternate. best set = white jersey red pants

Saints: some more great work, i think i white helmet would fit into this set very well though, the gold jersey with whote pants is by far the best combo on there, add a white helmet and you have a 10

great work

Alright, so I'm getting down there. Up next, we have the Atlanta Falcons. As anyone who has been keeping up with this thread knows, I have a modern style, and this Falcons concept falls in line with that. The biggest change is that I brought back the red helmet. It is a very unique feature that only two other teams have currently, and one other team has in my re-design. I went with a black facemask, so it matched the piping. I kept the red jersey as the primary because two other teams in the division have black primaries. The sleeves on the currents have always bothered me, so I switched them up to look more like wings. I really like the current numerals, so I kept those. I re-designed the pants for two reasons: 1) I believe these fit better with the jerseys now that there isn't a thin line of piping down the side. and 2) I have used Falcon-style pants a few times already, and I didn't think I should use them again. Finally, I put more red into the current logo set instead of using the purely unnecessary silver they currently have.

falcons_ID.jpg

falcons_home.jpg

falcons_away.jpg

falcons_alt.jpg

I like the all red jerseys and the all white jerseys, looks good!

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

Really interesting stuff.

I like where the Falcons design is headed. But, as it is now I'm getting a very "Cardinals" vibe from them.

The Saints one I like better, but I think you may have gone a little overboard on the ornate details. I love the helmet stripe. That's the perfect level of...ornateness, I guess. My suggestion is to go with the simplified level of detail (and is that ever an oxymoron...simplified detail) on the other striping.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I decided to re-work the Steelers. I felt that my last attempt was rushed and boring. I made the logo set more metallic to match the steel theme. I realizes altering the stell logo will be controversial, but this is a concept, why not go all out? I went with the diamond-plate texture for the striping, which is modern, but also epitomizes the Steelers toughness at the same time. I modified the numerals to include a bevel, enhancing the metallic look. I also, made the NOBs subtle to emphasize the team, which the Steelers have been very good at. The helmet now has a grey facemask, which I like when grey is in the color scheme, but not for teams like the Cards or Browns. Then it's just lazy. Anyways, C&C is greatly appreciated, and have at it.

steelers2_ID.jpg

steelers2_home.jpg

steelers2_away.jpg

steelers2_alt.jpg

steelers2_ha3.jpg

Loving the Steelers concept.

Great modernizatiion.

The diamond-plating is perfectly executed.

A+

I think that's the best Steelers concept I have ever seen. And I don't say that about every concept I see. It really is amazing. Nice work.

Thanks guys, that means a lot coming from you guys. You are two of the better designers on here.

Archived