NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

I feel you on the black. I think brown was a very logical choice in this situation. Also, I LOVE the number font you used on the Niners jerseys, too. However, I'm not feeling those red pants AT ALL.

As for the Cards, those unis could come or go. With the exception of the yellow alt(which is superb), I just don't feel like you've changed them enough to warrant the post.

Well, actually I understand what you are saying. I ditched the red pants in my edit. Thanks for the C&C.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK.. so I worked a little on the 49ers. I ditched the gold jersey and developed a brown alternate.I think the brown lets it still be the 49ers, although it hasn't been one of their colors before. I think it works well with the gold. I ditched the red mono and went with a red jersey-white pants look that works a bit better. I also tried the logo suggestion by spitz, but it just wasn't balanced. It looked like the 9 would fall on its back.

49ers_home2.jpg

49ers_alt2.jpg

C&C is always appreciated.

The use of brown makes sense as a nod to the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company's former presence in San Francisco.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright... it's been a while. Sorry for the delay, I've been mucho busy. Anyways, starting wit the Bills. I don't think I have changed anything since I last posted, but I could see adding another pants color. I went with white helmets because the reds look weird without any other red items. I also went with navy shoulders, but kept royal blue the primary color. Don't have too much else to say about these.

bills_ID.jpg

bills_uniforms.jpg

Next is the Dolphins. I wanted something modern because it's South Beach, but kept somewhat of a classic feel. I ditched the navy and went with a greenish-charcoal color. I made the sun thicker on the upper-right and thiner on the lower-left. This, I believe gives the logo more motion. I also changed the M on the dolphin's helmet to match the overall branding and typography. The uniforms feature striping and piping, a best of both worlds sort of thing. I finished the uniform off with striped socks!

dolphins_ID.jpg

dolphins_home.jpg

dolphins_away.jpg

dolphins_alt.jpg

Now the Patriots (my favorite team)! I wanted red to be the primary color, like it used to be, but I paired it with silver helmets and pants. Instead of the navy side panel that never really matches up, I used the red triangular shapes in the logo as inspiration for this design. I also tried to balance the red and blue for a more "patriotic" look in comparison to the predominantly navy/silver look they sport now. I also added a pair of red pants.

pats_ID.jpg

pats_home.jpg

pats_away.jpg

pats_alt.jpg

Finally, the Jets. First off, I wanted a brighter green, but I didn't go for a two-tone green look because there is something really strong about the one-color and white look. I modernized the wordmark from the 80s and carried the font over to the uniform numbers. The helmets are a big change. I might not be the first person to use this kind of concept for a Jets helmet, but it is a really strong idea and I did tweak it to fit my concept. The jerseys are a blend of classic and modern. I based the sleeves off the jet shape but also added piping above it to show some love to the classic. The pants also play off the logo and tie in nicely with the jerseys.

jets_ID.jpg

jets_home.jpg

jets_away.jpg

Anyways, C&C is ALWAYS appreciated!

"American Patriots wore blue. Their enemies wore red. The Patriots should never wear red!"- Average quote every time a red Patriots jersey comes up. Thought I'd get it out of the way. Personally, I like the idea and the throwback much better. Great job on the concepts though. Interesting take on the Bills.

Man. I like these (well for the most part).

Bills- I didn't think the double blue could work but you made it work. Maybe make the bills have a red primary (so many blue primary teams).

Dolphins- Simple yet effective. However, make the orange number lining thicker from homes/aways. Plus the darker green looks to much like black and I'm not feelin' it. Maybe blue but a lighter-mid blue (indigo) something like that.

Pats- As a much as I'm a fan a red Patriots, as previous poster said, the Patriots were navy. The redcoats were red. Plus all the alternative colored pants are overboard.

Jets- As simple as it is, I like the unis. But the helmets look really bare. Maybe add stripes in the middle of the helmet or make the Jets bigger and a wrap around like the seahawks helmets.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

love, love, love the bills one! great job.

Patriots, a little too much red.

Dolphins, nice!

Jets, I like it all except the helmet.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Jets- As simple as it is, I like the unis. But the helmets look really bare. Maybe add stripes in the middle of the helmet or make the Jets bigger and a wrap around like the seahawks helmets.

I was going with a wrap around design for the helmets, sorry if that didn't show through.

EDITS!!! First, the Pats. I understand the logic behind not having a red primary for the Pats, so I edited that, but kept the red as an alternate because nobody can argue that silver is better. (I find it ironic that the Yankees wear the Confederacy's grey for 81 games a year, but I digress.) I also ditched the red pants and only kept silver and navy. Overall, I believe that this update is a nice balance between the current navy and silver Pats and the sea of red I had previously presented.

pats_home2.jpg

pats_away2.jpg

pats_alt2.jpg

Now the Jets, I made the jet on the helmet larger, and I like mentioned before, it is a wraparound design like the Seahawks have.

jets_home2.jpg

jets_away2.jpg

C&C, as always. Enjoy!

"American Patriots wore blue. Their enemies wore red. The Patriots should never wear red!"- Average quote every time a red Patriots jersey comes up. Thought I'd get it out of the way. Personally, I like the idea and the throwback much better. Great job on the concepts though. Interesting take on the Bills.

I agree....way too much red here. The Patriots have never looked good in red. Keep em blue.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I agree....way too much red here. The Patriots have never looked good in red. Keep em blue.

What? The Pats have looked good in red before, but check the update... way ahead of ya. B)

You really do need to change the Aqua you're using, right now it looks more like Jaguars Teal.

Well, I'm not trying to argue C&C, but the darker aqua doesn't help the design. I purposely chose the lighter shade of aqua for the following reasons:

1. A darker aqua would not contrast enough with the greenish charcoal I used in lieu of navy.

2. A lighter aqua looks better in the sun.

3. I only used teal for the Jaguars as a trim color, in very small proportions. I made them primarily black and gold. I believe that aqua is the Dolphins' identity, and the Jaguars somewhat infringed on that when they chose to use teal.

Now, I understand you make a valid point, but I chose to take a different approach by what I did with the Jaguars, and in terms of color theory, the lighter aqua produced a better design. Thanks for the honest opinion, though.

Archived