NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

I have actionized two more teams, the Steelers and Jaguars. With the Steelers, there are no changes, as the C&C I got from last time told me not to change it. The Jaguars, however, have gone through a few more changes. I switched the numerals to white with a gold outline on the Home and Alternate jerseys. Also, due to rumblings I heard in the Sports Logos section, the Jaguars are going to feature a helmet that changes color in the light. I applied that idea with kelly green instead of teal, and personally, I like the results. Go ahead, C&C you're hearts out.

w_parker_variations.jpg

r_mathis_variations.jpg

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like the steelers. you could add a black top with white pants figure.

I had it in the non-action version a few pages back, but for my purposes I think limiting the different combos to six keeps it from being too nuts in terms of mixing and matching.

Well, I took a slight break from "actionizing" teams because I needed to revise my Patriots concept. I decided to go back to a red, white and blue color scheme. Yes that mean a red alternate jersey. Overall, I tried to combine some classic elements, like shoulder stripes, with modern elements, like Elvis and sublimated stars. I think a lot of people get into trouble with the Pats because they go overboard with the stars, making the concept look like a Pro Bowl jersey. I put my emphasis on the Stars and Stripes to give it a more patriotic feel. C&C is always appreciated. Action templates will be up in due time.

pats2_ID.jpg

pats2_home.jpg

pats2_away.jpg

pats2_alt.jpg

I actually liked the first concept better, why'd you change it?

I changed it because I felt it was one of my weakest concepts. IMO, it looked too 90s for me, even though I came up with it. I had been meaning to revise it for quite some time now.

I like the blue jerseys but thats about it. I don't like the flying elvis on a white helmet and I really don't like the inclusion of the stars on the shoulder and pant striping.

Well, although I disagree with what you are saying, I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I got the Buccaneers on the new template. Here's #90 Gaines Adams.

g_adams_variations.jpg

I also decided to show the final team's initial logo set and uniform design. #32 Carolina Panthers. Obviously, I will finish the action templates, and I also need more work on the Chargers and Lions. But here are the Panthers. I decided to remove the silver to remove comparisons to the Raiders and Lions. I wanted a black helmet because they are the Panthers. I also wanted to make sure the light blue was adequately featured. I added a C alternate logo and edited the primary. The wordmark is all new, I drew some inspiration from the original wordmark, but this new version is still its own. The uniforms feature black jerseys with white pants for the primary home look. The numerals are a more curved look to match the wordmark, which appears on the upper chest. The jerseys and pants feature striping feature slash mark inserts. C&C is always appreciated.

panthers_ID.jpg

panthers_home.jpg

panthers_away.jpg

panthers_alt.jpg

Well, congratulations on making the first Panthers redesign that this Panthers fan has ever really liked.

I'm not thrilled about the loss of silver, but I can understand why you did it, and your designs seem to be working just fine without it. I really like the new wordmark, but my only concern is that the descender on the H makes it out-of-whack. I'd say either add a similar descender on the T, or lose the one on the H.

The black helmets look sharp, I've always thought the Cats should go to black helmets. At first glance, I thought the striping on the jerseys and pants was a bit of overkill, but it keeps looking better and better each time I look back. The whole whiskers/fangs motif is nicely understated, and working very well. I would suggest making the white on white combo the primary road set (but with black socks instead of blue). It's probably just because I'm so used to seeing them in all-white, but I love that look for them.

All in all, great work on the Panthers.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

So what's the deal with lightning bolts on the Bucs pants?

Those are supposed to represent the ragged effect on the logo. There should be a little explaining it some pages back, when I originally did the concept.

I remember seeing it, once I found it again. Surprised I didn't comment about it back then. With the design on these action templates, the design element hasn't translated as well as I thought it would.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

OK? last Jaguars revision. I promise. I lengthened the pant stripe as per chestnutz's suggestion.

jaguars2_home4.jpg

jaguars2_away4.jpg

jaguars2_alt4.jpg

Chargers will be up soon.

To quote a famous song..."...where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?" As in where are you going with this concept???????!!!!!!! My gosh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived