NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

Big fan of the nameplate treatment. Not sure I've seen the jersey piping and nameplate outline integrated so well. I'm not a huge fan of the gradiated numbers (all I can think of is the Pro Bowl) but otherwise I like the color update for Washington. A very nice job.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the logo and the name, but I'm not a fan of the colors or the uniforms. Right now, you've got four colors that are all very similar in terms of hue, which to me muddies things up a bit. Also, I'd drop the 'natural color,' it looks like the burgundy just bled when it was washed. I'd stick with the burgundy, orange, and vegas gold. Maybe consider making the burgundy slightly darker and more saturated, or make the gold brighter or more saturated--anything to help these colors become less muddy and more differentiated.

As far as the uniforms go, I'm neutral on the two-toned numbers. I don't dislike them, but I don't think they do anything for the uniform. I really don't like the piping around the nameplate. It's a little too jarring and it's breaking up the back of the uniform. Just a little too distracting. Also, the uniform piping in general seems a bit disjointed. I think the pattern you've got on the pants is very nice, because to me it's beginning to take on the shape of tusks. It may be completely accidental, but that's really working well and I'd repeat it on the jersey. Right now on the jersey, the thick part of the piping is on the horizontal (instead of vertical like the pants), so it doesn't match. And the way the piping is interacting with the sleeve edges seems unnecessary.

If you tweak the colors and the uniforms, this could be great.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Alright, so I'm getting down there. Up next, we have the Atlanta Falcons. As anyone who has been keeping up with this thread knows, I have a modern style, and this Falcons concept falls in line with that. The biggest change is that I brought back the red helmet. It is a very unique feature that only two other teams have currently, and one other team has in my re-design. I went with a black facemask, so it matched the piping. I kept the red jersey as the primary because two other teams in the division have black primaries. The sleeves on the currents have always bothered me, so I switched them up to look more like wings. I really like the current numerals, so I kept those. I re-designed the pants for two reasons: 1) I believe these fit better with the jerseys now that there isn't a thin line of piping down the side. and 2) I have used Falcon-style pants a few times already, and I didn't think I should use them again. Finally, I put more red into the current logo set instead of using the purely unnecessary silver they currently have.

falcons_ID.jpg

falcons_home.jpg

falcons_away.jpg

falcons_alt.jpg

very very nice Falcons concept. the silver on the logo is a throw back to tradition with UGA, but I agree, I'd much rather it be a black or even red outline. Your concept is sick as well. Also, the throwback to the red helmet is more than needed and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. my favorite set are the white on white, and the red on white. I think you should do a black helmet for the black on black set though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back with more action templates. First, you see the Falcons, no changes. And next is the Broncos, no changes.

m_ryan_variations.jpg

c_bailey_variations.jpg

For the Warthogs, I have decided to switch the gold pants on the away and alternate uniforms to the natural color to give the uniforms more overall contrast. I tried white instead of natural, but the concept looked incomplete with plain white.

warthogs_away2.jpg

warthogs_alt2.jpg

C&C is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I'm back. (I had the flu for most of April.) I admit I like the new Lions logo. Just about every other part? not so much. So I present my re-working of the Detroit Lions.

lions2_ID.jpg

lion2_home.jpg

lion2_away.jpg

lion2_alt.jpg

I originally had charcoal grey in as a third color, but realized it was superfluous. The wordmark features an Old English L to fit in with what I feel is a pretty regal lion. The jersey is modern, using the shapes from the lion's mane as accents. The numbers are a stylized block with notches cut in. The pants also tie-in with the jersey, and are interchangeable with the jerseys. The alternates are faux-backs with only slight modifications made to be consistent with the overall branding. C&C is always appreciated.

I like this a lot and the logos are really good. I don't mind the jerseys, but on the front the extra stripe (the one that's near the shoulder numbers) is really unnecessary IMO. Other than that, I really like this look for the Lions.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Like the wordmark a lot. Only thing is that the I gets lost in the fanciness of the L. Any way to separate the two letters may strengthen the legibility.

I agree with this 100%. Also I think that the numbers on the home need to be gray.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I like this Lions set -- all except the wordmark. It seems too old compared to the modern detailing used.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

You seem to be a big fan of monochrome uniforms... I think the blue Lions jersey would look better with white or silver pants than it would with blue, and the white jersey would probably look good when paired with the blue pants. That jersey would look good with all three, to be honest, but I'm not really buying into the blue-on-blue.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

You seem to be a big fan of monochrome uniforms... I think the blue Lions jersey would look better with white or silver pants than it would with blue, and the white jersey would probably look good when paired with the blue pants. That jersey would look good with all three, to be honest, but I'm not really buying into the blue-on-blue.

The primary home option is blue jersey/silver pants. I did try the tri-color variations, but the mono's were better.

Here is an updated wordmark, hopefully it will tie the wordmark to the numbers better.

lions2_ID2.jpg

Love the Lions logotype think it's well executed and well thought out. Not so keen on the signature version though. It feels like Bubbles the lion has just been dropped into the background, it adds nothing to the mark there is no interaction at all and i dont like the way he's looking backwards (right to left). It seems like you felt you had to have one that combined both when perhaps thats not the case. Unless you have a good reason for it animal logos should imo always face left to right (check the way all the primary logos are shown) it has a more positive feel, progress and looking forward as opposed looking backwards which can be interpreted as negative.

Otherwise great job on those, very well presented and love the action templates, they really help sell your designs.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

More action templates? Lions, no changes. For the Eagles, I added an all-black (gasp! it defies my pre-conceived notions of the Philadelphia Eagles! :P ) alternate. I really like the way kelly green and black compliment each other. I have also edited the collar slightly. Enjoy!

b_calhoun_variations.jpg

a_samuel_variations.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I feel that in most cases the monochrome uniform is more attractive than the tri-color. Both are legitimate trends, but to each their own.

Unless you have a good reason for it animal logos should imo always face left to right (check the way all the primary logos are shown) it has a more positive feel, progress and looking forward as opposed looking backwards which can be interpreted as negative.

I don't think it has to be that rigid, the Eagles look fine with the logo facing left. I think it produces an against-the-grain look. The more important thing is that the logo faces the front when on a uniform.

More action templates. No changes for the Cardinals or Saints.

k_warner_variations.jpg

r_bush_variations.jpg

Next, is the second-to-last team in the series, Seahawks v.2. The colors are different. I slightly darkened the slate blue and ditched navy for a gunmetal-type bluish-silver. For the uniforms, I went much more modern with this design. I tried to emphasize the double stripe on the logo, but in an unconventional way. There is more lime than the current uniforms, but it's still an accent color, with slate and gunmetal in the forefront. The alternate jersey is gunmetal, but it's darker than most silvers, so it looks different enough from white. I used split style numerals a la Grizzlies and Blue Jays (retro). I felt these went with the split-color theme.

seahawks2_ID.jpg

seahawks2_home.jpg

seahawks2_away.jpg

seahawks2_alt.jpg

C&C is always appreciated. Final team is San Diego v.4 (it's hard to improve on a true classic).

Interesting take on the 'hawks. The "gunmetal" silver is a different color than anything I have ever seen on a uniform, so maybe it is throwing off my eyes, not sure. I like the idea behind where you are going, but I also noticed the pants stripe is very similar to the Warthogs. Other than that, I think you have a winner here. I'll give it an "A". B)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

FINAL TEAM: CHARGERS

This is only the initial design for the Chargers and I will post the action templates for Seattle and San Diego soon, but this is the design/critique phase of the final team. I decided to ditch the conventional lightning bolt for something that isn't on almost every Chargers concept. This one follows the piping for a less static design. I have also darkened the light blue a little and removed the navy, for a cleaner scheme. The logo set hasn't changed much since last time. Anyways, I always enjoy the C&C, but I'm sure this too will go largely unnoticed.

chargers4_ID.jpg

chargers4_home.jpg

chargers4_away.jpg

chargers4_alt.jpg

Archived