The Sens/Leafs Rivalry

Shane Does Art

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh.... this isn't as fun anymore...

SenatorJake ruined it by being unsportsman like. Its hard to have fun when people cross the line between what is acceptable banter and what is immature insults.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Oh don't you worry this thread will be in use before you know it. :D

Agreed senatorjake crossed the line, I would like to inform everyone that most sens fans are not like him they are in fact mostly familys who tend to be eerily nice, odd really.

Hi, how are you?

I didn't cross the line. It was a slow build up of this Leafs fan insolence that caused me to blurt out obscenities. He called me a bandwagon jumper... THE NERVE!

In fact, I consider being called a banwagon jumper much worse than being called somebody who fellates their own father.

thecatch.jpg

I didn't cross the line. It was a slow build up of this Leafs fan insolence that caused me to blurt out obscenities. He called me a bandwagon jumper... THE NERVE!

In fact, I consider being called a banwagon jumper much worse than being called somebody who fellates their own father.

I bet you would.

sicko.

Hi, how are you?

Neon Matrix is a total joke... he claims to contribute to this board, but every time I see him he is busy shouting down some poor Senators fan like Bill O'Reily does on a weekly basis. His arguments are usually petty and worthless. Like, for example, the other day he was trying to argue that the Florida Panthers franchise has had more success than the Senators since their inception. What planet is he from? When was the last time the Panthers were a cup contender? When was the last time they made the playoffs for that matter? What a clown.

Also, he brings up these arguments that aren't even true. He claims the depression had nothing to do with the Senators moving in 1934, even though the depression was a monumental event of the 20th century that affected pretty much every single business and almost drove the NHL out of business. Yeah, a small market team didn't survive the depression and you blame the fans? Did the western hockey leagues survive the depression? No. Hell, alot of banks didn't even survive the depression! But does he listen to your argument? No... he just shouts you down and when you leave the board because, god forbid, you have a life, he claims to have won the argument.

He is, for lack of a better term, an assclown. I feel no remorse for insulting this guy.

thecatch.jpg

Neon Matrix is a total joke... he claims to contribute to this board, but every time I see him he is busy shouting down some poor Senators fan like Bill O'Reily does on a weekly basis. His arguments are usually petty and worthless. Like, for example, the other day he was trying to argue that the Florida Panthers franchise has had more success than the Senators since their inception. What planet is he from? When was the last time the Panthers were a cup contender? When was the last time they made the playoffs for that matter? What a clown.

Also, he brings up these arguments that aren't even true. He claims the depression had nothing to do with the Senators moving in 1934, even though the depression was a monumental event of the 20th century that affected pretty much every single business and almost drove the NHL out of business. Yeah, a small market team didn't survive the depression and you blame the fans? But does he listen to your argument? No... he just shouts you down and when you leave the board because, god forbid, you have a life, he claims to have won the argument.

He is, for lack of a better term, an assclown. I feel no remorse for insulting this guy.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Agreed he said he didn't compare the teams but the proof was there, but I don't really see the point in claiming the old cups, It's not like you remember them or have any special meaning to you. Though I like the idea of 1 banner to commemorate them, instead of eleven banners up there.

Hi, how are you?

Yeah, I could agree to the one banner thing.

Listen, if the Winnipeg Jets or the Québec Nordiques came back next year, would we ignore all their previous accomplishments? (although there aren't that many) I have a hard time believing we would.

"According to the Hockey Hall of Fame, Ottawa won the Stanley Cup a total of ten times, including defeats of challengers, as the Cup was still a challenge trophy. Ottawa won two Stanley Cup challenges in 1910 as well, and are considered to be eleven-time Stanley Cup champions by the NHL. In 1950, Canadian sports editors selected the Senators to be Canada's greatest team in the first half of the 20th century."

thecatch.jpg

Also, he brings up these arguments that aren't even true. He claims the depression had nothing to do with the Senators moving in 1934, even though the depression was a monumental event of the 20th century that affected pretty much every single business and almost drove the NHL out of business. Yeah, a small market team didn't survive the depression and you blame the fans? Did the western hockey leagues survive the depression? No. Hell, alot of banks didn't even survive the depression! But does he listen to your argument? No... he just shouts you down and when you leave the board because, god forbid, you have a life, he claims to have won the argument.

Not trying to take sides, here but if Neon is so bad, do you think bashing him for no apparent reason, in another thread where nothing has been said makes you any better? He said you crossed the line, big deal. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. That's no reason to try and start a hate thread on the guy.

This is a forum, and I think you may be taking it a little to serious. It sounds as if you have a hate for someone, you've never and likely will never meet. So like honeslty, as bad as someone else may or may not being, trashing him for no apparent reason other then an argument you had in another thread, is childish and makes you just as bad.

It's a forum not real life, don't take it so seriosuly, just click the ignore user button, not very hard and then you don't have to deal with him anymore.

Simple is that, the click of a button and your problems are solved.

untitled-6.jpg

Yeah, I could agree to the one banner thing.

Listen, if the Winnipeg Jets or the Québec Nordiques came back next year, would we ignore all their previous accomplishments? (although there aren't that many) I have a hard time believing we would.

"According to the Hockey Hall of Fame, Ottawa won the Stanley Cup a total of ten times, including defeats of challengers, as the Cup was still a challenge trophy. Ottawa won two Stanley Cup challenges in 1910 as well, and are considered to be eleven-time Stanley Cup champions by the NHL. In 1950, Canadian sports editors selected the Senators to be Canada's greatest team in the first half of the 20th century."

Well my original post timed out, so let me just sum it up.

1. On the display case of the Prince of Wales trophy in the HHOF reads something along the lines of the Senators first appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals. If you don't believe me, take a trip to the HHOF and read it for yourself.

2. I HAVE CONTRIBUTED to this message board on countless occasions but obviously, you are too ignorant to realize it. Just look back at what I added over the summer to the thread on new NHL logos. Tell me who took pictures of AND leaked the new Vancouver Canucks primary and alt logo days before it was unveiled. Tell me who posted pics of the new Tampa Bay logo as well. Hell, I have posted so many things on here over the years it is hard to remember them all. What have you done again besides tell me to go suck my dad off because you can't differentiate a message board from real life?

3. Pick up a book for the first time in your life. I quoted an ACADEMIC SOURCE filled with all sorts of footnotes filled with proof. The Sens attendance began to go down in 1925 or 1926 (I'd check but I don't have the book up here with me) which was long before the Great Depression hit. Attendance didn't increase in 1927 either, when they won their last cup. Come on, if you won't believe me over some information you just pulled out of your ass which anyone knows who took grade 10 history, send John Chi-Kit Wong an angry letter telling him how wrong he is. Yes the Great Depression didn't help anyone, but there is no reason for why they were losing attendance in '25 or '26 when they were offering some of the cheapest ticket prices in the league while having a good product on the ice. I didn't make up what I said, I quoted a book filled with attendance records and other pieces of info relating to the topic.

4. I kept referring my Panther argument to that statement which I kept repeating. If I can find it I will most certainly post it. I said the Panthers got successful a lot faster than the Sens did by surging to the cup finals a decade before then. I never said they were the better team, Shaunrr assumed I did because I didn't respond to his question about that and you, being the ignorant person you are, didn't bother to read why I said and just look at his responses. Someone would have to be crazy to say the Panthers have been more consistent over the years... honestly...

5. I'd be pretty ticked off too if someone found out, especially a Leafs fan, that I knew nothing about a team I had been following for almost 17 years. I'm sorry I know more about the Sens than you do, but it doesn't mean you have to personally attack me for it. I do things such as read books and take an interest in this sport beyond just who is currently on the ice. I have called you out in the past for knowing nothing about the Sens and I can see why you are upset. I'm a Leafs fan who knows more than you do. Get over it. If you wish to get back at me, maybe learn something instead of acting like a 15 year old and getting all riled up over someone you don't know on a message board. I'm sure there are better ways to spend your energy. If you want to take a shot at me, maybe learn more about hockey than I know, but I have a feeling that may take too long.

6. I like Shaunrr. He is a good sport and knows that I banter out of fun. We debate. We also know where to draw the line between personally attacking each other and just trying to prove the other person wrong. You, obviously, can't do that. And I feel bad for you because of it.

I have every right to call you a bandwagoner when you display no sense of knowledge about your team. If you did, then I wouldn't have to call you that now would I?

You have done nothing but act like a child and throw a tantrum because I have called you out on a few occasions for knowing nothing. Get over it. If you want to prove you aren't a fake, learn about your team.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Check mate lol.

Case closed, but imo I think this needs to be closed just incase it gets out of hand.

If more future discussion plz pm each other. ( I've I always wanted to say that lol )

Im a huge Leafs fan *winks to neon *, but as long as that cup comes to Canada thats all matters to me.

All and all its been a good debate lol.

4kv29i.jpg

You have done nothing but act like a child and throw a tantrum because I have called you out on a few occasions for knowing nothing. Get over it. If you want to prove you aren't a fake, learn about your team.

I feel smarter after reading that, and I whole-heartedly agree, I enjoy these debates.

Check mate lol.

Case closed, but imo I think this needs to be closed just incase it gets out of hand.

If more future discussion plz pm each other. ( I've I always wanted to say that lol )

Im a huge Leafs fan *winks to neon *, but as long as that cup comes to Canada thats all matters to me.

All and all its been a good debate lol.

Well the point of this thread isn't for jackasses like SenatorJake to call people off like that. It's meant to have good debates with "good" ;):P people.

The point is that so we don't upset the other members of the board by flogging the other topics that really have nothing to do with our rivalry. If people act civilized, and respect the other guy, everything should be fine.

Hi, how are you?

Not trying to take sides, here but if Neon is so bad, do you think bashing him for no apparent reason, in another thread where nothing has been said makes you any better? He said you crossed the line, big deal. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. That's no reason to try and start a hate thread on the guy.

This is a forum, and I think you may be taking it a little to serious. It sounds as if you have a hate for someone, you've never and likely will never meet. So like honeslty, as bad as someone else may or may not being, trashing him for no apparent reason other then an argument you had in another thread, is childish and makes you just as bad.

It's a forum not real life, don't take it so seriosuly, just click the ignore user button, not very hard and then you don't have to deal with him anymore.

Simple is that, the click of a button and your problems are solved.

Yes this is a forum and yes this is real life. If you type out a message here, own up to it. Brushing it off as nothing, because you cannot physically connect to a face or a voice does not make it less than real life. If you're playing Madden online and get scored on, turning it off doesn't erase the fact you just got scored on.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Game. Set. Match. Neon.

Now I begin to wonder what Neon thinks of my fanhood after the couple "debates" weve had.

Eh, I like you. Sometimes you seem more stubborn than I can be, but I mean, who isn't to some degree? :P

I'm just a tad jealous of Pittsburgh's success and the fact they have so many players we could use. I want Malkin, badly (not in a sexual way but in a way that he will play for the Leafs). He was having an MVP like campaign and now all the hard work he done will most likely be forgotten now that Crosby is back and he is no longer getting the ice time he was enjoying over the past few weeks. It is a shame though, he and Conklin kept that team in the running and it may end up that neither get the recognition they deserve. Thats why I want him to come here, because he'd be that player in the spotlight who gets whatever he wants essentially. Right now, if Ovechkin keeps the Caps in the running... man... he will sweep ALL the awards including the Rocket Richard, which, Crosby didn't get. That would be amazing. I think Malkin could have won the heart if he was the go-to man leading to the playoffs... but... if he can keep his point production up even with Crosby back in the line up, then he'd be my vote for MVP.

So yes, I want Malkin on my team damnit, we could use his MVP-like play!

And Pittsburgh needs to go back to the late 80's jerseys. Best. Set. EVA! Dark blue, black and a bright yellow crest? Beautiful!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived