New Nike Swift Style?

kiwi_canadian

Just looking at the pictures from the USA vs. Germany game from the Women's World Champs in China and I noticed that the Americans had a different style jersey then the ones with the Nike Swift style. The jerseys they are wearing are done by Nike and from the back, they sort of look like they are swift. Are these a new style for them?

USA vs. Germany Photos

Sorry the picture didn't work, here is the link though. Notice the lack of vertical stripes and a more traditional horizontal stripe.

I don't know if EVERY country is being redesigned, although that makes me assume they are.

But Nike swift has undergone a facelift in terms of the uniform technology, and Canada's new jerseys will be out pretty soon.

I can't speak for the authentics, but the replicas are much more like the NHL premier jerseys material-wise.

It's a new hirt. They have navy blue side stripes on this one. Russians and everyone else still using the same unis. Numbers for the US is different as well. Prior to these they used the generic Nike soccer numbers

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From what I have heard, those do sound about right... except I was told there was going to be horizontal stripes on the sleeves, but this was mentioned in the context of Team Canada. I'd assume it would be for most countries as well but you never know, maybe this time around there is some room for flexibility and originality!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

From what I have heard, those do sound about right... except I was told there was going to be horizontal stripes on the sleeves, but this was mentioned in the context of Team Canada. I'd assume it would be for most countries as well but you never know, maybe this time around there is some room for flexibility and originality!

Correct on the Canada front. I believe it's back to more original designs. The jersey is simplistic but nice.

Correct on the Canada front. I believe it's back to more original designs. The jersey is simplistic but nice.

Any chance you can give us a release date on the new jerseys?

Any chance you can give us a release date on the new jerseys?

I have heard mid-may, around the time of the World Championships.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Those suck less. I can't say I'm a fan of the minimalist style, especially the blue version, but at least those horrid side-panel zebra stripes are gone.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I guess the new jerseys for the most part will just be little tweaks here and there. Looking at the Swedish and Finnish jerseys, it seems not too much has changed. The Swedes got rid of all the silver striping and went with a more basic blue and white line down the side. The Finns just changed the white and silver to blue and white and changed the Soumi font on the front to the one that appeared on the old swift replicas. Both now also have solid colour collars instead of the two toned ones with the small silver front. Not liking the new US jerseys at all. The horizontal line seems too thin, and it doesn't fit well with the cut of the jersey.

Archived