Other NBA D-League Logos

AAO

These are all really nice actually.

(Other than the weirdly squished ball in the 'showcase' logo,) The only thing really wrong with these is the D-League logo itself.

It's supposed to be a spotlight.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I like the finals logo. But I have to wonder if they have to change the Delta logo if the merger with Northwest is approved.

Probably not, because the merged airline will operate as if Delta had purchased Northwest. Which is kind of actually what the deal is, not a merger, but shhh! don't tell the national media, who for some reason prefer to believe that big companies only ever "merge."

Anyway, there's also the likelihood that the merger won't be completed until much later this year or next.

As to the logos, what is it about New Orleans that brings out the best in league logo design? And if there's something in the water in New Orleans that makes all-star and other league-wide logos so good there, why are the Zephyrs so ugly?

20082614447.png

The only qualms I have are the I in the Finals logo, and the Y in the previously posted Playoffs logo. With the little tail going left, the I looks an awful lot like a 1. And without a tail, the Y starts to look like a stylized 4.

To me, most of them look like nice designs, but someone had some D-League stickers and stuck them on there. The only one that I like how it integrates is the All Star logo.

That stupid ball is likely not so good for the D League and WNBA. I gotta wonder if it has the recognition as a basketball and not something else.

Archived