What are your top 5 albums?

habsfannova

Cd's that you like to listen to?

Mine are:

1.Dire Straits-Making Movies (Could listen to it as the soundtrack to my life. "Romeo and Juliet" is amazing.)

2.Pink Floyd-The Wall (The ultimate story album, "In the Flesh?" is the best opener EVER!)

3.Dire Straits-Love Over Gold (Telegraph Road is worth the whole thing. Knopfler is near his best.)

4.Paul McCartney-Band on the Run (Everything except Bluebirds is great)

5.John Mellencamp-Scarecrow (Some of the best guitar work ever. VERY cool)

Honourable mentions: Any other DS album, Pink Floyd's "Animals" and "The Final Cut", Dropkick Murphys "Blackout" ,Rush "Roll the Bones", and any post-64 Beatles album.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metallica - ...And Justice For All

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Megadeth - Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

KoRn - Chutes and Ladders

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You must've read my mind! I was thinking about posting something like this. There are WAY too many to mention, but here are my Top 5 at the moment:

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile / Downward Spiral (Tie)

Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill / Vulgar Display of Power (tie)

Motörhead - Hammered

Megadeth - Capitol Punishment: The Megadeth Years

A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step

Despise them now, but man, their old stuff made them Gods, and it is Metal music that will never see it's equal. As much as they suck today, you can't tarnish that image...

Korn as well... chutes and ladders was really a good album, i should have picked another one, but that was all i could think of at the time. Still, it was a very good album, and unfortunatly, Korn has.... not lived up to it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I agree?old Metallica is awesome and I remember a day when I loved them, especially the Black Album. But I found them extremely hypocritical during the whole Napster fiasco, which made me despise them. For a band that claims they got their early success from bootleggers making tapes and distributing them underground, they sure turned their backs on them now after they've gotten rich and popular. The MP3 file-sharing community is no different than the tape-trading community was 15 years ago, and Metallica seems to miss that fact.

Wow... I'm not on the same page as anyone here.

1. "Ocean Avenue" - Yellowcard (every song seems to sound different and they're all very good.)

2. "What It Is to Burn" - Finch (Another bands that seems to be good with practically any style.  Not a bad song except for one.)

3. "Page Avenue" - Story of the Year (They just freakin rawk!)

4. "American Made" - Wakefield (Just started listening to them but 'Heaven's Coming' is a touching song, truely.)

5. "The Real Cancun Soundtrack" - by Various Artists (good songs... they're perfect no matter what mood I'm in... whether I just wanna chill, have a good time, or whatever -- And since I'm going to Cancun soon... it keeps me in the mood to pay for the trip)

IUe6Hvh.png

OK, I'll bite.

1. Van Halen - Fair Warning (Not much of a DLR fan, but Eddie was at the top of his game in '81 -- a great, dark album. "Lord, strike that poor boy down!")

2. Jethro Tull - Passion Play (Quite possibly the most complicated one song arrangement in rock, but I can hum every note!)

3. Stevie Ray Vaughn - In Step (Tragic since he was just getting his life back on track.)

4. Alice in Chains - Dirt (Can't get much darker than this. Totally unique in its day.)

5. Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet (Yeah, the Mmm record. The other tunes make this one stand out - fantastic sound and production on this one.

mine changes almost daily....as of today:

1. minor threat - complete discography (the absolute best of the early eighties hardcore movement...featuring 'out of step (with the world)', 'guilty of being white', 'i don't wanna hear it', and 'seeing red')

2. david bowie - hunky dory (bowie's best album, IMO....i sing 'oh, you pretty things' to my kids all the time)

3. ice cube - the predator (nothing captures the essence of LA in the early nineties like this record.....'Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp....And it read, "Ice Cube's a pimp" ')

4. fugazi - 13 songs (after ian mackaye broke off from minor threat, he assembled the seminal indie hardcore band and put this classic collection of e.p.'s out....from 'bulldog front', 'Ahistorical - you think this plop just dropped right out of the sky...My analysis: it's time to harvest the crust from your eyes...To surge and refine, to rage and define ourselves against your line...So sorry friend but you must resign')

5. (tie) teenage fanclub - thirteen (nothing like jingly jangly sugary scottish power pop...very much in the vein of Big Star and T-Rex, if you've ever heard of them)

5. (tie) modest mouse - building nothing out of something (classified as indie rock, but only because they are otherwise unclassifiable....punch you in the face emo rock from eugene, oregon.....i was hooked on the first chord i heard from these guys!.....the line at the bottom of my sig is from MM)

This is tough, I always have trouble picking all-time favourites. But, I'll take a stab with a few that come to mind:

7Mary3, American Standard

Tori Amos, Under the Pink

Counting Crows, August and Everything After

Dido, No Angel

Matchbox 20, Yourself or Someone Like You

Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine

Pearl Jan, Ten

REM, Automatic For the People

Train, My Private Nation

Vienna Teng, Waking Hour

Yeah, I know, that's ten. I told you I'm not good that this paring down the list.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Stone Temple Pilots - Core

Metallica - The Black Album

Metallica -S&M

Tim McGraw - Tim McGraw and the DHD

I really don't play too many store bought CD's, i burn a lot of compalations. They are usually all over the map. I have CD's with Metal, Rock, Pop, and Country on it. That probably means i need help.

Sheesh, can't do it, but I can list five among my all time faves. Does that count?

REM - Document

The Smiths

John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Couldn't Stand the Weather

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?

Of course, "Albums" presupposes musical albums, so if we depart from that genre, I would also add The Lenny Bruce Originals, Vol. 1-2 into the mix of "favorite albums."

Archived