Isiah Thomas deathwatch

JustForFun

All the New York papers are reporting Isiah Thomas will be fired today, but so far no good news.

Anyone care to bet whether this is actually going to happen? Dolan has already said that his preference would be to keep him, for crying out loud, but that just may be a way of saving his own fat face for hiring him in the first place.

I just hope for the sake of the Knicks that he gets fired.

I'm guessing that getting swept by the Hawks for the first time in franchise history would be the last straw. :/

Nothing yesterday. Word is that Donnie is looking for a place for him somewhere in basketball operations, where he wouldn't have any responsibility. I think that's a terrible idea, and he should be fired outright, but Blowhard Dolan obviously wants to keep his chief butt-kisser somewhere in the organization.

Do people think that his total bafoonery as a coach / executive tarnish his reputation that he earned as a player?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do people think that his total bafoonery as a coach / executive tarnish his reputation that he earned as a player?

yes it does, because all people will remember is how he turned the knicks in to a joke and forget what he did as a player. Alot of it has to do with the fact that he won't realize that he has failed and do what is respectable and resign instead he continues to drag this team in to the outhouse. If the Knicks owners had any respect for the franchise, its players and its fans they would do whats right and realize that he has failed and should fire his ass and bring in somebody that knows what they are doing.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If the Knicks owners had any respect for the franchise, its players and its fans they would do whats right and realize that he has failed and should fire his ass and bring in somebody that knows what they are doing.

The Dolans have shown that they harbor little more than contempt for the people in this city.

So don't count on it.

If the Knicks owners had any respect for the franchise, its players and its fans they would do whats right and realize that he has failed and should fire his ass and bring in somebody that knows what they are doing.

The Dolans have shown that they harbor little more than contempt for the people in this city.

So don't count on it.

i sometimes wonder if they are trying to lose money for the franchise just to piss everone here off. Because honestly i don't know how they are profiting from the way they do business. I guess their plan of action is to put out a crap product, just for fun and assume the fans will continue to buy knicks gear and pack out the arena.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

They're profitting solely on the market. Celebs, tourists and casual fans will always flock to MSG because its The Garden.

The bulk of it is coming from season ticket subscribers, which on the surface, is ridiculous that people would be willing to get season tickets to this crap. However, as many people will remember, prior to the Layden/Isiah era, it was a miracle to get tickets to Knicks games - let alone season tickets. The subscribers continually shell out tons of money while the team sucks to keep their spot in the hopes that eventually the team will become good again, tickets will be harder to come by and thus they'll be the lucky s.o.b's that have tickets to various/all Knicks home games.

This is why there needs to be, but never will be, a mass boycott by season ticket holders to perhaps force Dolan to sell the team. Although, even then, he probably wouldn't since MSG earnings only make up about 1% or something like that (I remember seeing the actual figure, it's certainly in the single digits) of his total income - which the majority comes from Cablevision profits.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived