Stanley Cup Playoffs Second Round Preview

NJTank

Sharks in 5? Really?

The Stars will have better goaltending and better offense then the Flames had and the Sharks barely beat them.

Then again you did say "the Stars playoff beards never go beyond 5:00 shadow with the Ducks winning the series in five"

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

My two pre-playoff predicted finalists (Sharks vs. Penguins) are still in it, so I'll stick with both of them in their series.

I picked Montreal to go down in the second round to New Jersey. They get the Flyers instead, but I think it will be the same result. The Habs are always under the microscope in Montreal, but as the #1 seed in the East the pressure on them to win the Cup has to be sky-high. Meanwhile Philly has already cemented its status as the comeback team of the year. They're not exactly a Cinderella, but they do still have that "playing with house money" vibe. I look for the East finals to be an all-Pennsylvania affair. The "Bitter Clingers' Cup," as Barack Obama might call it. :P

In the West, Detroit has their first playoff series vs. the Avs in a few years, and I can't wait to see how that old rivalry plays out now. The Wings are the NHL's answer to the Atlanta Braves. Over the past two decades they've not only rarely missed the playoffs, but have always seemed to go in as one of the heaviest favorites to win it all - yet they have just three Stanley Cups to show for nearly a generation of dominance. I'm looking for them to choke yet again in the early rounds, as they have to face a Colorado team that's been firing on all cylinders lately, and outplayed the favored Wild in the first round. This would set up a Sharks-Avs final in the West that I'd pay to watch if I had to.

CCSLC signature.png

Tank, did someone offend you personally in DFW? I'm getting the sense someone did.

Not really I'm just high on the Sharks I'm picking them all the way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank, did someone offend you personally in DFW? I'm getting the sense someone did.

Let us remember something, Tank. The Stars had the Wings in their sights until an unfortunate slump. I'm talking about 4-5pts behind. Plus, Dallas just took out the Ducks, former defending champs and someone who has had Dallas' number for a while. Not only that, but if memory serves the Sharks have a nasty habit of playoff-choking.

Dallas in 6 again.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Fair enough. It just seems to me whatever the sport you're picking the Dallas area team to lose. Seemed curious to me.

The Texas Rangers....I have no quarrel :D

newsig.jpg

Archived