Washington Nationals Alternate

jake22

there is just too much red in the mlb. and the washington nationals have good colors so maby they could use something like this on the road while at home they use the red version.

i think i put the image on but since this is my first post i dont know if i am doing it right.

feel free to tear it apart

nationals.png

I actually like this a lot. Maybe bring the player number on the front of the jersey at the same height as the DC logo? Other than that, good job. Keep playing around with it. I know you're trying to use as little less as possible, but try making the socks and the cap brim red, just to see how it looks.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

if there's any color more prevalent than red in the mlb, its blue

that being said, this is really nice

simple but good

nice work

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Im from DC and I always thought the Natoinals would look good with a black road alternate that said "Washington" in cursive script .

But there's no black in their palette whatsoever. Blue, maybe.

Yeah but black would look much sharper, trust me. I did some sketches. Plus if they get a black alternate then they would match the DC United Jersey. I'm from DC and many of my friends would love to see a black alternate and would probably buy one.

ok i tryed the black. a few things first. i am only using ms paint so i couldent make the "washington" in cursive. sorry. also it is very choppy!! i know. it has alot of work left but tell me if i am on the right track.

blacknationals.png

i also experamented with a 'sleeveless' version

blacknationalssleevless.png

C&C

ok i tryed the black. a few things first. i am only using ms paint so i couldent make the "washington" in cursive. sorry. also it is very choppy!! i know. it has alot of work left but tell me if i am on the right track.

blacknationals.png

C&C

Both of those sets look really nice man. I would definitely wear the first one, and the sleeveless one looks great, especially since its never been done in the organization. Good job dude!

blacknationals.png

C&C

Both of those sets look really nice man. I would definitely wear the first one, and the sleeveless one looks great, especially since its never been done in the organization. Good job dude!

Um, hello, fashion 101 here people!! Navy doesn't go with black. Ever. I think it was frozenguy who said to do a black alternate...the next question I would ask is Why? As cappital already mentioned, black is not in the Nats color scheme.

So jake22 I would just call mulligan or whatever and pretend like you never posted those black jerseys. Because you did a very, very nice job on the blue jerseys. I like those a lot, although it's really what the Braves should be wearing.

I agree. Black needs to stay as far away from this uniform set as possible. Sure, it might look sharp, but it would be simply another case of black being forced somewhere it doesn't belong.

The Royals learned that lesson. So did the Reds (the amount they have left is fine). We THOUGHT the A's had as well.

The Mets? Lost cause there.

There's a big difference between what you can do and what you SHOULD do.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

blacknationals.png

C&C

Dude, what is your obsession with black? Now you say team with Navy and Red need to have a black alternate? You say too many teams have "lighter colored" alternates, but at least they're different colored alternates. How's it any better to have every team in one color? In the heat of summer?

Jake22, although it's simply a re-color of their current red alts, those navy's pretty sharp, especially with the red billed hats.

nationals-1.png

There ya go! That looks so much better. I didn't even think about making the belt red. Little things like that really make a uniform that much better.

This uniform rocks. The current red alt is so-so, but this one is hot!

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind this being a second alt. I'd like it if they switched things up and took the red alts on the road and used the blue alts at home -- but I know how teams like to travel light.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I love the blue, but I don't really like numbers on the front of alternates with just the patch or letters on one side. I also really prefer the 'DC' over the 'W' for the Nationals caps, good choice. I wish they would use it full time. I know why they use the 'W', but during the Saturday game vs the Marlins they wore the red alternates and the 'DC' was prominent, but the batting helmets still had the 'W' and looking at that you can tell it doesn't go with anything else the Nationals have at all. Everything else has that chiseled monument look and the curly 'W' goes about as well as the Expos 'M'. If they have a throwback "Senators" night great but the Nats need to ditch the 'W' altogether. Nice job. For the blacks, meh, it's an interesting idea but I have to give it the thumbs down. Stick with the navy/red.

Archived