Philadelphia 76ers logo concepts

Starchild

Keeping with my NBA Redesign project, I'm currently working on a set for the 76ers (as I've just completed the alternate blue uniform for my Orlando Magic sets).

The only thing is, I can't decide which of my 3 Sixers logos to use... they've all got the same base, with easily identifiable differences in each.... so, of course, what better way to decide which to use than let you guys check 'em out for yourselves.

Note - After the success of my combination set with the Magic and to a lesser extent, the Pistons (combining the teams various looks into one), I've done the same with the Sixers. I've gone back to their previous colors (the ones they used last during Iverson's rookie season, the red/white/blue). In addition, in two of the logos I've readded the 13-star-circle above the 7... everyone likes that look, as do I, so I figured it would be interesting to try and bring it back.

Anyway, take a look, they're all on one image, so judge for yourselves and as always of course, bust out the feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Logo Concepts

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Have you tried integrating the circle of stars with the basketball?  I was just wondering if you tried it and didn't like it, or if you hadn't tried it yet.  To me, it looks like it's just floating there.  Then again, it's probably just me.
starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Good stuff,

The stars are a nice addition, but they are too much.  

Maybe more negative space between the letterhead and basketball stripe object?

But nice looking concept for sure

It seems like you and Waffles are pre-existing buds, thats cool.  Is anyone else here friends outside of the board first??

Have you tried integrating the circle of stars with the basketball? I was just wondering if you tried it and didn't like it, or if you hadn't tried it yet. To me, it looks like it's just floating there. Then again, it's probably just me.

That gives me an idea! Starchild, is there any chance you could email me that as an .ai file. I'm sure guys can vouch for me, that I am good for my word. I only would like to propose some modifications, but would not pass it off as my own.

Good times indeed, King J-Rod. If only we could get Kevin in here to take the falls for us, ah... memories.

As for your question STL, I wouldn't mind sending it to you... as long as you don't mind it being a .psd file since I do all my work in Photoshop (still practicing with Illustrator)... unless I'm able to save it as an .ai file in photoshop... never actually looked.

And gbasalmon, my first idea was to somehow incorporate the star circle into the basketball, but I just couldn't get it to work. I kinda liked it with the circle atop the number 7 though, but I suppose I could try and mess around with it somemore and see if there is any good way to mesh the two together.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Good stuff,

The stars are a nice addition, but they are too much.

Maybe more negative space between the letterhead and basketball stripe object?

But nice looking concept for sure

It seems like you and Waffles are pre-existing buds, thats cool. Is anyone else here friends outside of the board first??

I think Chris has known Zero personally for a while.

I have a friend who often reads, but has barely posted.

Good times indeed, King J-Rod. If only we could get Kevin in here to take the falls for us, ah... memories.

As for your question STL, I wouldn't mind sending it to you... as long as you don't mind it being a .psd file since I do all my work in Photoshop (still practicing with Illustrator)... unless I'm able to save it as an .ai file in photoshop... never actually looked.

And gbasalmon, my first idea was to somehow incorporate the star circle into the basketball, but I just couldn't get it to work. I kinda liked it with the circle atop the number 7 though, but I suppose I could try and mess around with it somemore and see if there is any good way to mesh the two together.

A .psd file will be fine. I believe you can make it an .ai file, but it won't be vector, so it's not worth it. Go ahead and send it tomorrow, I'll clean out my mailbox tonite so it will fit.

I really dig the first one.  They're all somewhat busy but the first one seems the least complex of the bunch.

Very nice work.  Love to see what kind of uni concept you could graft that onto.

I Love C.  The great thing about these too is that they could really be used in the NBA.  I brings back a retro feel (which is huge in Philadelphia), it's simply, and it still looks good!  Great work!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i like either a or b...the third one is too much overkill with the stars above and inside, IMO.

one thing...it looks like someone kicked out the leg from under the 7, it looks a little off to me....kinda like the 7 and the 6 are going seperate ways.....sorry to be nitpicky!

otherwise they look great!

Archived