2008 CFL Season Thread

Magnus

Doug Berry has been fired i have mixed feelings but it's probably for the good

Mike Kelly, Receivers coach of the Eskimos looks to be the replacement

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=255620&lid...s=topStory_main

I like .. the new era begins.

Time to get rid of Taman, too.

Kelly and Matt Dunigan have history. What are the odds?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taman is getting his duties "re-aligned"

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Taman is getting his duties "re-aligned"

Oh, good, so now when he goes to the 7-11 on Portage & Berry for slurpees and pizza pops, he can do it as Bauer's bitch instead of as the GM.

Kelly as coach and Director of Player Personnel. Taman will do contracts and scouting only, I'm calling it now.

I feel bad for Greg Marshall, though. The man deserves a head coaching gig; maybe Toronto will call him.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wow, that Calgary vs Edmonton Grey Cup scenario is still a possibility :wacko:
All I know is this: Two teams from the West Division playing for the Grey Cup in Montreal? It can not happen. It will not happen. GO ALS!!!

I told you guys it will not happen. (dance)

Good game by the Als. Glad they won, as I think the cross-over rule sucks. If your division's third place team isn't good enough to have a better record than the other division's fourth place team, then neither should make the playoffs. Just have the top two teams get a 'bye' week then go head-to-head for a shot at the Grey Cup.

nav-logo.png

Good game by the Als. Glad they won, as I think the cross-over rule sucks. If your division's third place team isn't good enough to have a better record than the other division's fourth place team, then neither should make the playoffs. Just have the top two teams get a 'bye' week then go head-to-head for a shot at the Grey Cup.

If Edmonton did win that game, I'd be pilaging the CFL offices in Toronto to ban the cross-over rule. I would, being a long-time Als fan. With such a small league as the CFL, it's like running a fantasy football league of sorts. True, it's only fitting that teams with better records can make the playoffs, but when I look back at what happened in 2000, the B.C. Lions finished with an 8-10 record, and they somehow beat my Als for the Grey Cup. It's been haunting me ever since.

The Alouettes have been, is, and always will be the Beasts of the East! And next Sunday, they will win the Grey Cup! (You CFL fans in the U.S., myself included can watch the game on Versus, if you have DirecTV.)

Wow, that Calgary vs Edmonton Grey Cup scenario is still a possibility :wacko:
All I know is this: Two teams from the West Division playing for the Grey Cup in Montreal? It can not happen. It will not happen. GO ALS!!!

I told you guys it will not happen. (dance)

Well, I was hoping it would happen. Not because I don't like the Als.... but just because of the novelty of it all.... well I hope they lose next week :P

The Alouettes have been, is, and always will be the Beasts of the East! The Buffalo Bills of the CFL

I saw, I came, I left.

If Edmonton did win that game, I'd be pilaging the CFL offices in Toronto to ban the cross-over rule. I would, being a long-time Als fan. With such a small league as the CFL, it's like running a fantasy football league of sorts. True, it's only fitting that teams with better records can make the playoffs, but when I look back at what happened in 2000, the B.C. Lions finished with an 8-10 record, and they somehow beat my Als for the Grey Cup. It's been haunting me ever since.

The Alouettes have been, is, and always will be the Beasts of the East! And next Sunday, they will win the Grey Cup! (You CFL fans in the U.S., myself included can watch the game on Versus, if you have DirecTV.)

I have Comcast and can get Versus HD on it, and they have the Grey Cup listed. I can't wait.

It sucks BC lost, as they are my time, but i'm pulling for the Als

2IA3b.png

Lions had many opportunities to put the Stamps away in the first half, but couldn't deliver a knock out blow.

Sooooooo disappointing after the defence stepped up big time and really played lights out in the playoffs.

Congrats to Calgary and Montreal.

Archived