An Unforgettable Home Run.....

BRUINSFAN

That was a great story. It was also a great softball/baseball rule book lesson. I had only one home run in my little league days, albeit an inside-the-park one.

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow, that is fantastic. My hat's off to those women. I don't know that there are a lot of people who would have chosen not to take advantage of the situation.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Did they show the complete footage of the home run and the whole run around the bases thing at all during that clip?

I skimmed through it only to find 2 or 3 second clips of it inter-spliced in between 6 minutes of interviews with the umpires amongst others.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Did they show the complete footage of the home run and the whole run around the bases thing at all during that clip?

I skimmed through it only to find 2 or 3 second clips of it inter-spliced in between 6 minutes of interviews with the umpires amongst others.

1:25...The home run...

3:36...The "carry" around the bases...

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

Great story even given the irony that it never would have happened had the ump known the rules. But it sure renewed my faith in people, especially the younger generation, who often appear to be too busy texting their friends about American Idol contestants to be bothered with anything meaningful. The parents and coaches of those young ladies should be very proud. Those young women know a lot about what's really important in life, things like integrity, compassion, and sportsmanship.

I read the excellent book The Undefeated about Oklahoma's 47-game football winning streak and there was an instance where a player caught a pass that was ruled a TD but confessed to the ref that he had actually come down out of bounds. Some people never understand why someone would do that, but a true champion knows glory means nothing if not earned honestly.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

a true champion knows glory means nothing if not earned honestly.

hit_bonds.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

a true champion knows glory means nothing if not earned honestly.

hit_bonds.jpg

:P

In other news... MLB Players Association opens an investigation as to why no teams have signed Barry Bonds* this season. Apparently being a water-headed steroid-addict with an artificial knee puts him in a protected class.

What do you MEAN no team wants a 43-year old clubhouse cancer with one knee and a federal indictment??

In case any of you still had any respect for the players' union...

Union raises concerns over Bonds

What a shame that a bunch of college players have shown more class and sportsmanship in just one act than all off MLB has shown in years.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Great story even given the irony that it never would have happened had the ump known the rules. But it sure renewed my faith in people, especially the younger generation, who often appear to be too busy texting their friends about American Idol contestants to be bothered with anything meaningful. The parents and coaches of those young ladies should be very proud. Those young women know a lot about what's really important in life, things like integrity, compassion, and sportsmanship.

I know what you mean. As a 22 year old college Senior myself, even I get that feeling...but I admit to being a throwback...I still use landlines, I suck at texting, and I do things like arrive when I say I'll be somewhere rather than call 5 minutes before I'm supposed to be and say "oh I haven't left yet wait up or I'm not coming now". I don't like being tethered to cell phones because if I'm going out, I'm going out to get AWAY from people, not to be constantly tethered with them.

Now that being said, yes, lots of young people like myself are "txt-krzy-LOL!?!?!" but I mean it's not like they don't care about anyone else or anything. I think that's an unfair generalization. I know it may appear that way on TV and whatnot, but it's really not the case. I'd even concede that past-generations probably did have more of a "group before the self" mindset than we do today, but it's probably not the best assessment--and I'm aware you meant its there ARE a lot of good young kids out there and whatnot, but I'm just saying...

...and I do know that every year here @ PSU we have something called "Thon" which raises money for pediatric cancer. This year they raised over $6.6 million--all the efforts of college students. The first one in 1973 raised just over $2,000 to compare...and 1992 was the first $1,000,000 mark. Hell, 2007's then-record was just about $4.5 million...I know I've been kinda OT-here, but I just wanted to throw in a shameless plug...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived