Miami Fusion F.C. Rebrand

eRay

I have been paying a lot of attention to MLS as of late, and have been trying to work on my first real MLS concept. I think this one is the best out of what I have. The Miami Fusion are no longer in the MLS so I hope this concept doesn't step on williamrhys' toes with his great series. I did this concept with the thinking that Miami would get another MLS franchise soon and would stick with Fusion F.C. Note: My upcoming contest deals with this idea, but the idea started as a series of concepts, so instead of posting all that I did, I will post only the best of what I made. Maybe even after the contest.

For the crest; I tried to get away from their old look, and represent the city of Miami with more than just a huge M. So I included a subtle, yet big M, the Miami city shield, and the city name under "Fusion F.C.". For colors, I was trying to make it look like a beach kind of, with a deep water blue, and then a sand color. I think they play off eachother well.

M_Fus.png

On the kits I just kept it simple, using a template and pretty much just coloring it accordingly, as most MLS teams seem to do. I wanted to keep the shorts consistent throughout since I have a color scheme that I think works well together. The sponsor is just a place holder of sorts, because I couldn't find anything else that I thought worked. Any suggestions for that would be great.

M_Fus2.png

C&C is great, thats why I'm posting this.

Thanks everyone.

I could live with this. I really like the Fusion name, I hope they stick with it when/if we get a new team. The colors aren't bad, pretty unique, but I'm not sure about the sand color. Maybe lighten it up or add a little more yellow. Also maybe add a tiny bit of green to the lighter blue, to more accurately represent the color of the ocean here. The crest is okay, I don't usually like the round/oval style but the very subtle M on the top makes this one better. I'd lose the city seal and maybe just use the palm tree(we had a vote for the Miami Ultras logo, mine lost :cry: , and the founder's one with the city seal won. Not bad, but a but too detailed an element for my taste). Overall this looks pretty good but I think it needs some tweaks.

...on a side note for anyone interested, there are rumors flying around that Barcelona is looking into a MLS team and putting it in NY or Miami. With zero southeastern teams and one already in NY that puts Miami at the top of that list, hopefully they go with FC Miami rather than Barcelona Miami if it happens lol.

P.S. thanks for the MLS number/nameplate stuff eRay!

I like these. Kinda busy, but otherwise good.

I think what I would do is make the shorts blue, gold might look kinda weird if this was ever made for real.

I would also get rid of the shoulder yoke, or the chest piping, they make the jersey a little too busy.

B+ Nice job. Definitely better than what they had.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The crest is nice. Not fantastic, but pretty good. The colors are alright, I also agree the sand needs to be lightened a little bit. The uniforms could definitely be better IMO, I think a much simpler kit would fit the team better. Also, the last change would be make the blue jerseys go with white shorts, and the white jerseys go with blue or white shorts. The gold shorts are just plain ugly IMO.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I really like the colours. I don't know much about the US when it comes to regional imagery, but to me its exactly what I'd look for in a Florida based team. The crest is good, but it could maybe do with being a little more compact. I think everything inside the shield is strong enough to stand alone, without the need for the shield itself. The shirts are good, bright without being too in your face, but the shorts are a little strange. They look mismatched on the home kit, so maybe try white or blue; they look fine to me on the away kit.

All in all a really good concept, and something I could definately picture on the pitch in the MLS.

I have been paying a lot of attention to MLS as of late, and have been trying to work on my first real MLS concept. I think this one is the best out of what I have. The Miami Fusion are no longer in the MLS so I hope this concept doesn't step on williamrhys' toes with his great series. I did this concept with the thinking that Miami would get another MLS franchise soon and would stick with Fusion F.C. Note: My upcoming contest deals with this idea, but the idea started as a series of concepts, so instead of posting all that I did, I will post only the best of what I made. Maybe even after the contest.

For the crest; I tried to get away from their old look, and represent the city of Miami with more than just a huge M. So I included a subtle, yet big M, the Miami city shield, and the city name under "Fusion F.C.". For colors, I was trying to make it look like a beach kind of, with a deep water blue, and then a sand color. I think they play off eachother well.

M_Fus.png

On the kits I just kept it simple, using a template and pretty much just coloring it accordingly, as most MLS teams seem to do. I wanted to keep the shorts consistent throughout since I have a color scheme that I think works well together. The sponsor is just a place holder of sorts, because I couldn't find anything else that I thought worked. Any suggestions for that would be great.

M_Fus2.png

C&C is great, thats why I'm posting this.

Thanks everyone.

That "m" logo reminds me a little bit of this other deceased florida futbol (soccer) team:

1568.gif

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

I like this quite a bit, much better than what the Fusion had before. I think the gold shorts are fine, I believe I recall watching the USWNT play in an all gold kit and the shorts did not look horrible.

The "bib" piping is pretty standard for this adidas template so I don't see that as a problem (other than adidas having only 3-4 templates). One thing that does bother me is that MLS is overwhelming blue, it might be interesting to drop the bib and use alternating gold and blue stripes. But these are nice ntl.

Archived