ESPN & ESPN 2

oddball

Did I miss something? I flipped the NBA finals off after Boston had a 22 point lead and watched a movie. I flip on ESPN and there's the ASU-Fresno State baseball game on. I flipped over to ESPN 2 and it's the same friggin' game! They cut out on the NHRA to show the super regionals yet play one of them on both channels? What friggin' moron is in charge of programming? Who ever it is needs to be fired!

Did I miss something? I flipped the NBA finals off after Boston had a 22 point lead and watched a movie. I flip on ESPN and there's the ASU-Fresno State baseball game on. I flipped over to ESPN 2 and it's the same friggin' game! They cut out on the NHRA to show the super regionals yet play one of them on both channels? What friggin' moron is in charge of programming? Who ever it is needs to be fired!

You're absolutely right. If there's one thing we absolutely can't have it this world, it's denying some guy named oddball total television viewing options at all times.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well since the NBA Finals was going to go past 12 midnight and that all interviews will be on NBA TV, why not have a game on live so that America will have interest in something live. When game 2 ended, "SportsCenter at the Finals" takes over. What's the big deal? If you were the director, tell me what you would have on ALL the ESPN networks. You're now the director, give me your plan.

Today, Nadal won at Roland Garros, both golf tours went to extra holes, and NASCAR went forever at pocono, but you had not issues. Plus, the fights on SHO and HBO were very short last night, but you didn't complain about that programming. and you said nothing, but you are worried about. Please have perspective, especially when there have been major storms in the midwest this weekend and you're worried about one game on two channels.

Later on in the night the feed switched from ESPN/ESPN2 to ESPN2/ESPNU of the Fresno St/Arizona St game. It's utterly pointless. If you don't have anything else to show because there aren't any other games in that time slot play one of your many reruns.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

ESPN Classic is pretty solid when showing live programming (which seems to go against the Classic moniker.) A couple weeks ago they showed the US Super League Rugby finals live and they have been showing quite a bit of live soccer recently (US-Argentina last night.).

Other than live sports and the occasional good sports movie, I never watch ESPNC.

ESPN Classic is pretty solid when showing live programming (which seems to go against the Classic moniker.) A couple weeks ago they showed the US Super League Rugby finals live and they have been showing quite a bit of live soccer recently (US-Argentina last night.).

Other than live sports and the occasional good sports movie, I never watch ESPNC.

Hence prompting the rumor that ESPN would scuttle the "Classic" format and go with a All-futbol network (to challenge Fox Soccer Channel). Not sure if that was just some wishful thinking by the idiots at Deadspin, though.

You're absolutely right. If there's one thing we absolutely can't have it this world, it's denying some guy named oddball total television viewing options at all times.

Give the guy a break.

It is really stupid how they would show the same thing on both stations. I probably wouldn't even of noticed it if I flipped channels, as ESPN is channel 28 and ESPN2 is channel 29 'round these parts.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As much as I hate poker, I would've thrown on poker or the strong man competition. The thing that made it really bad was ESPN would occasionally go to a commercial during live action. I do know about local broadcasting and the need for commercials, but during live broadcasting. Why not and edition of SportsCenter or a replay of Baseball Tonight or a replay of the Finals show, or heck they put ESPN News on ESPN 2 when they don't show a game in your area, what about that?

Tonight the listing in my digital cables guide says "Arena Football: Los Angeles Avengers at Utah Blaze" but I'm getting Fresno State and Arizona State Game 3. I checked ESPNU and sure enough I'm getting to channels with Game 3 but no Arena Football.

EDIT: Just got the "Coming up next" bit. They had the game slotted for 6 to 9 Central but it's still only in the bottom of the seventh so it could be quick or this could take forever.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived