Buffalo Sabres concept

elliott

Hi again, I am not in town right now, but I did have this on my photobucket so I figured I'd post it.

I already posted this at the Sabres forum, but I'm not positive that I posted it in the right place, so I have barely got any comments. I know you guys can help with that. I decided to make the overall design similar to what they have now, with the home/away both having blue sleeves, separated by yellow in this case. I used silver only in the logos. Here is the logo sheet. I made some alterations to the b-sword logo, really just cleaning it up. I rounded off some edges and got rid of the outlines of the yellow 'b'. Also, I simplified the sword itself. The shoulder logo is the retro, also slightly altered with silver.

SabresLogoSheet2.gif

Ok, here are the jerseys.

SabresConcept2008-3.gif

C+C is appreciated.

I don't know man!!!

Seems like there has been a LOT of Sabres concepts over the years, and to sustain any interest, one needs to be original.

this one is not... :cry:

-Recoloration,

-Use of ALT logo for Primary,

-Rescucissating a "classic" logo,

-Use of the All Star Template, (arms)

Are all "techniques" that don't get much positive feedback, if any, anymore.

As far as I can see, the one slightly original part of your design is the hem striping. And honestly, when I look at it, all I can see is a fanny pack.

In your logos, you add grey (or silver) yet, you removed it from the jersey... Pesonnally, the silver is one of hte elements I really like on the Sabres shirt...

Sorry, but this one doesn't do it for me...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i agree with the post above. the design is well put together, but not very original. i would really like to see some kind of complete overhaul of the logos and jersey design at this point....

2004RedSox.png

I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy this series. I have always been a sucker for creative concepts. I sometimes unfairly tore apart some of Korbyn's in his (NHL third jersey) series because there was nothing really new. But I hope, for your sake, that you don't use every team's home/away template for this series. It's not that it looks bad, it just requires very little thought/effort. If you do this, I will tell you right now that I am not going to be this thread's biggest fan.
Wow, I browse around the boards for the first time in a week and I get half a thread dedicated to me! ^_^ Yeah, I think demon8 pretty much hit the nail on the head, I wasn't going to post here, but I feel obliged since Jake is so obsessed.

If you really want to know what I think of the Thrashers one, I don't like it. I have hated that template since day 1. I am a road template fan. The yellow numbers are hideous, really. I think the Thrashers should stick with yellow outlines to numbers. Also, I like seeing the T-bird logo as the alternate crest. So, Jake, bye for now, until I see something good, that is.

these are some things that you said about My nhl 3rd jerseys,

now it is time for me to tell you the same thing.

This is hardly any different then the current set, you did almost nothing!

no offence but, try again!

Actually, this is really nothing like the current set at all, and far from just re-coloring the current set and calling it a concept. I actually like the sleeve pattern on these MUCH more then what they are currently using. I just feel that the current ones have a very unfinished look to them and lack any flow. Overall, I am going to say that this is not a bad concept, and could be a good one with a little fine tuning. This does not in anyway, shape, or form compare to what jake22 is throwing out in his thread. I'd say bite your tongue jake, before you make a fool of yourself.

This does not in anyway, shape, or form compare to what jake22 is throwing out in his thread. I'd say bite your tongue jake, before you make a fool of yourself.

What?? have u seen that thred latly?

I have started making truly good concepts on there, you should give it a look

I have a feeling I am not going to enjoy this series. I have always been a sucker for creative concepts. I sometimes unfairly tore apart some of Korbyn's in his (NHL third jersey) series because there was nothing really new. But I hope, for your sake, that you don't use every team's home/away template for this series. It's not that it looks bad, it just requires very little thought/effort. If you do this, I will tell you right now that I am not going to be this thread's biggest fan.
Wow, I browse around the boards for the first time in a week and I get half a thread dedicated to me! ^_^ Yeah, I think demon8 pretty much hit the nail on the head, I wasn't going to post here, but I feel obliged since Jake is so obsessed.

If you really want to know what I think of the Thrashers one, I don't like it. I have hated that template since day 1. I am a road template fan. The yellow numbers are hideous, really. I think the Thrashers should stick with yellow outlines to numbers. Also, I like seeing the T-bird logo as the alternate crest. So, Jake, bye for now, until I see something good, that is.

This concept isn't even close to the current Buffalo Sabres set. Before accusing elliot of recolourization due to sour grapes, perhaps actually comparing this to the Sabres current set would help. Just a suggestion.

And as for elliot, I like this jersey set a lot more than the current set. The only thing is that I don't think its necessary to invert the colours on the shoulder logo. The pants striping is much better as well, and matches quite well with your jerseys.

Oh, and is the RBK logo a little big? Or is it just me? :P

Wade-sig.png

I really don't think you know the idea between recolorization and original concept.

Pay attention to detail. This is the Sabres template:

DSC_0030w.JPG

Now look at the top of the page. Does my template look anything like this? No. The only real comparison is the sleeves being blue on the white jersey.

This is a recolorization:

sabresyellow.gif

Also known as: "Jake22's NHL Thirds until he finally got the drift of what 10 different people were telling him".

And I'm not holding any grudges on you, but you are obviously holding grudges against me, so please stop.

Nice job on these. I really like em a lot.

One suggestion maybe? Everything on the uniform has a modern feel to it, except for the socks.... maybe some different stripes?

I dunno, I'm sure the ones you have would look good, just throwin it out there

Just curious, but did you intend the striping to almost make the jersey look like a buffalo head?

I see the white stripes on the the arms making the horns, the white stripes near the bottom being the sides of the head, and that yellow stripe at the bottom is the nose? It seems that if you were to throw some eyes on there on each side of the crest, there would be a buffalo starin at you haha

Kinda see what i'm saying?... That's pretty cool if you did that intentionally

I really don't think you know the idea between recolorization and original concept.

DSC_0030w.JPG

Now look at the top of the page. Does my template look anything like this? No. The only real comparison is the sleeves being blue on the white jersey.

sabresyellow.gif

Also known as: "Jake22's NHL Thirds until he finally got the drift of what 10 different people were telling him".

And I'm not holding any grudges on you, but you are obviously holding grudges against me, so please stop.

im not holding a grudge, its just that any randome joe on the street would not be able to tell the difference.

u have amazing concepts frome time to time and i really like those, im just saying this isnt one of them

DSC_0030w.JPG

sabresyellow.gif

im not holding a grudge, its just that any randome joe on the street would not be able to tell the difference.

u have amazing concepts frome time to time and i really like those, im just saying this isnt one of them

actually. they would be able to tell the difference, because they look almost nothing alike

DSC_0030w.JPG

sabresyellow.gif

You, then, would fall into the category of "randome joe" because, obviously, you cannot tell the difference.

DSC_0030w.JPG

sabresyellow.gif

You, then, would fall into the category of "randome joe" because, obviously, you cannot tell the difference.

i mean people who dont give a :censored: about what their team wears and opnly care about the game, like there are probubly alot of people that cannot tell the difference between and edge jersey and not one.

your average person would see that jersey and see sorda the same sleeves and a logo that he has seen before, and they would not put it together in their head that it is a different jersey then the one the sabers had last season.

DSC_0030w.JPG

sabresyellow.gif

i mean people who dont give a :censored: about what their team wears and opnly care about the game, like there are probubly alot of people that cannot tell the difference between and edge jersey and not one.

your average person would see that jersey and see sorda the same sleeves and a logo that he has seen before, and they would not put it together in their head that it is a different jersey then the one the sabers had last season.

Well, it's true that many people don't know about the RBK Edge, but then again, a lot of people don't care about hockey at all.

However, Sabres fans do know. If you remember a couple of years ago, they really had a fit at the Buffaslug ordeal.

But really, by your reasoning, 80% of the concepts on this board would be pointless, because most people use the same colors on their concepts. By your reasoning, only concepts that are complete rebrands with new logos, colors, and the like would be noticable by fans. The thing is, here we really pay attention to detail, and it doesn't matter what the "average joe" thinks, because we are much more creative than average joes!

DSC_0030w.JPG

sabresyellow.gif

Well, it's true that many people don't know about the RBK Edge, but then again, a lot of people don't care about hockey at all.

However, Sabres fans do know. If you remember a couple of years ago, they really had a fit at the Buffaslug ordeal.

But really, by your reasoning, 80% of the concepts on this board would be pointless, because most people use the same colors on their concepts. By your reasoning, only concepts that are complete rebrands with new logos, colors, and the like would be noticable by fans. The thing is, here we really pay attention to detail, and it doesn't matter what the "average joe" thinks, because we are much more creative than average joes!

ok, you win elliot.

you have a very good point there.

Archived