St. Louis Blues Third Jersey Concept

worcat

Image10.png

I also have an away (white) version available. I haven't taken in-game pictures for display yet. I got the idea from the seattle super sonics and thought it would suit the blues much more. The idea was to incorporate the arch in the design. I have played around with placing the blue note in different locations but I'm still not satisfied with my choices. I've tried putting the logo behind the collar on the back, under the "st louis", and on the shoulders. I don't want to have a cluttered feeling. I may just slap the note on the pants or the helmet instead of the jersey.

I was also thinking of maybe using some of the blues older colors instead of the modern scheme. Maybe returning to the lighter shade of blue and yellow? or maybe even bringing back the red?

comments are welcome as usual.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Nothing screams "St. Louis Blues" like Pierre Turgeon and Roman Turek!

Interesting concept. More of a TATC-type deal, but still very interesting.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's a nice concept, for sure, but I wouldn't fall all over myself with the originality stuff.

51-33680-F.jpg

Of course, since it's a hockey concept, then obviously the puckheads wouldn't have noticed that an NBA team just had jerseys like that this past season. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'd really like to thank everyone that has posted - positive and negative but i would like to clarify that:

I did mention that I based the idea off of the SuperSonics jerseys.

The sole reason that I chose to make this as a hockey jersey was that the design actually makes sense as a st. louis style jersey.

I may have had a better response if I had just said "st. louis" hockey concept instead of associating it with the blues. As I mentioned before, I TRIED to incorporate the blue note. If I put the logo inside of the white arch area, it wouldn't look right. If it's placed under the arch, there's too much on the front and nothing else going on with the rest of the jersey. The shoulders could have a patch, I thought of maybe bringing back the trumpet but the problem still lies on no blue note which has been a traditional logo for the franchise.

Believe me, I understand the history of the st. louis blues very well and I know how much the cities fans love the note but it's a concept, don't have a heart attack people. It's something different and to my knowledge, nba teams aren't the only sport that can claim word-marks on jerseys instead of logos. The nhl has used many word marks over it's history so I dont see why this is any different.

If any blues fans are out there, you would also notice that I used the striping pattern on the arms that they used in the early 80's (which also had a word marking on the front).

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Man, how are people hating on this just because it looks like the SuperSonics? This is a fantastic concept and I think it works better here than it does for the Sonics. I agree that it could maaaybe use the Bluenote logo, but that problem could easily be solved by using it as a shoulder patch.

Archived