Apprentice Challenge 3 - OPTIMUS

mania

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To weigh in here, I like how this is coming along. I hope that Bruschimania can put it all together in a nice tight package, because the individual components are looking great.

For the shoes, this is my favorite:

APcleat_redNEW.jpg

Notes: I guess the sidebar on the other one was better (looks less like a filmstrip), but whatever you think is best. I tried to make the crown red, but it was kinda washed out because, unlike the other red areas, it did not have a black boundary. I would suggest leaving it as-is.

As for the advertisement, I prefer what William did. It looks really clean and cinematic, and the logo just complements what is in there. I would like to see that in the final presentation; I also like that the ad could be used for print or film. It's ambiguous, and that's why it looks so good.

So I reckon that the logo is set in stone, but I'll look into some other merchandising. Other than the one Bruschi posted, we don't have any shirts at the moment. Do baseball players still wear windbreakers? Hooded sweatshirts?

Ugh... I have to get some sleep here, and I have to work tomorrow starting at 6:00 A.M. until after 2:00 P.M., so there's no chance of me being on again before the deadline. I really wish that I could get a jacket template done, but I don't think I'll be able to finish before bed.

Other thoughts:

Cola, I like all of those except for the last one. Do they also make shorts? It would be cool if you put those with single-color shorts with just the swoosh logo... say, charcoal shorts for the one with the charcoal trim, red shorts to go along with the shirt with the red trim, etc.

GBM, I agree that it looks like it has too many filters. I think the judges would find it gimmicky, although the concept is good.

"PUJOLS IS PRINCE" haha

anyways, made a template and did some Pujols NikeFit shirt combos...thoughts?

PujolsFitshirt.jpg

I like 'em...what about using white as the base color?

they are just options i decided to show...any color could be used...yellow...pink...purple...brown...whatever.

Cola, I like all of those except for the last one. Do they also make shorts? It would be cool if you put those with single-color shorts with just the swoosh logo... say, charcoal shorts for the one with the charcoal trim, red shorts to go along with the shirt with the red trim, etc.

I did that template for the shirt myself...I'd have to create shorts as well to match them, and I'd have to do that in the morning...but deadline is at noon. I will see what I can do early in the morning and post them here.

Where do I need to the send vectors to?

Ugh... I have to get some sleep here, and I have to work tomorrow starting at 6:00 A.M. until after 2:00 P.M., so there's no chance of me being on again before the deadline. I really wish that I could get a jacket template done, but I don't think I'll be able to finish before bed.

Other thoughts:

GBM, I agree that it looks like it has too many filters. I think the judges would find it gimmicky, although the concept is good.

I agree with your thoughts about Cola's work. However I think a colored shirt (red?) with a one-color logo would work as well as those.

About mine, is it the background that is problematic with the "filters?" It's interesting, cause I actually didin't use any. Basically I just changed the coloring and contrast and brightness a bit... not too much. I didn't add any of the really gimmicky filters that look like :censored:. I don't know, it looks pretty clean to me, but I would like to know which part looks most gimmicky -- is it the glow, background, pujols? I can certainly alter the background to make it less noticeable, I hate to disagree with C+C but I don't think Pujols is overly filterized at all, but I can definitely see where the glow would be a bit much. I'll work on that too. I'll also mess with a slogan.

any opinions on my hats?

Shiny, the shoe you picked I think is my favorite too. But I think one thing that could really improve it would be to move the 5 logo to the back of the shoe and remove that nike logo. then I thikn that cleat would be golden.

Just my thoughts, I know we're running low on time so if there's anything else I should do just say so.

I did that template for the shirt myself...I'd have to create shorts as well to match them, and I'd have to do that in the morning...but deadline is at noon. I will see what I can do early in the morning and post them here.

Where do I need to the send vectors to?

bruschimania@gmail.com

I'll see if I can't modify some NBA shorts to match them.

Other thoughts:

I agree with your thoughts about Cola's work. However I think a colored shirt (red?) with a one-color logo would work as well as those.

Shiny, the shoe you picked I think is my favorite too. But I think one thing that could really improve it would be to move the 5 logo to the back of the shoe and remove that nike logo. then I thikn that cleat would be golden.

The last shirt is more of a "Cardinals-fan" shirt...again, the shirts could be theoretically made in any color. I could think of 20+ solid looking combinations that could be used but what is the point in posting them? The judges will get the idea. Now, if you want a red just for the presentation...that could be done as well.

Also, removing the Nike logo and adding another player logo to the back of the shoe would be overkill in my opinion. Athlete logos aren't that prominent on their shoes or clothing...you only usually can find the logo once on a piece of merchandise. We could do that if the team felt it would look better, but I just felt it was too much.

I do like the hats as well, it would be a nice addition...try adding a Nike logo to the side somewhere or very small on the brim if possible.

Archived