Apprentice Challenge 3 - OPTIMUS

mania

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to Pujols because I think of the guys I've done so far, he is most marketable...most feared hitter in the MLB one could say and is still fairly young. I saw a graphic that gave me an extra idea and I also added one more crown option, although I can't say if I am a fan of it or not...

AP5b.jpg

I think Pujols would be a great idea. On your logos, like I said before, the AP looks like a complete afterthought.

On the bottom ones though, I kinda actually like the distorted 5 with the crown, though I don't think there should be 2 5's in one logo. I may mess around later and see what I can come up with. But I like that.

I think Pujols would be a great idea. On your logos, like I said before, the AP looks like a complete afterthought.

I see your point...but on the other hand, it simply wasn't an afterthought. I sketched it with the intention of making the AP flow with the tail of the 5 (the reason I used a custom "A"). Also, I didn't show that logo and then 4 or 5 revisions down the road just throw that AP in there- the judges should notice that as well.

Part of me feels like this is the one, Cola.

It's got personality, it's aesthetically pleasing, there are a lot of things you can do with it, marketing and merchandise-wise.

I doubt we see something that beats it, honestly.

And I prefer it with the Albert across the top.

Cool. What if it said "PUJOLS" or "ALBERT PUJOLS". I like the "ALBERT" but when I stare at it, I feel like it either needs more or it needs nothing up there at all...maybe it just needs to grow on me.

You know what? Try it without anything on top. It would be incredibly hard to reproduce on smaller things and it would be all garbled and now I think it is just clutter to be honest. How about putting just a star in the middle of the crown?

And I think the yellow needs to be a tad more golden, but the basic structure is fantastic, Cola...

I see your point...but on the other hand, it simply wasn't an afterthought. I sketched it with the intention of making the AP flow with the tail of the 5 (the reason I used a custom "A"). Also, I didn't show that logo and then 4 or 5 revisions down the road just throw that AP in there- the judges should notice that as well.

That may be, but for anyone who looks at it it doesn't look like that at all. Putting the AP at the tail of the 5... just lacks character, it could be for anyone. It looks like you designed it and forgot it's for Pujols so you put AP in wherever it could fit. And they might notice that but I think they'd still see what I see, and who knows, you could have added it 4 or 5 revisions down the road but just never released it without the AP. I'm just trying to be honest here so we have the best possible chance to win. However, I think the new 5 is just great.

Sorry to post this message here. I was looking at all this good work and tried to PM you about something gingerbreadmann. Your inbox is full...

Back on topic. The newest Albert ones are great. The colors go with him much better and having his number with the crown is great.

I'd like to see what you guys could do with AK47 as gingerbreadmann mentioned.

Sorry to post this message here. I was looking at all this good work and tried to PM you about something gingerbreadmann. Your inbox is full...

Back on topic. The newest Albert ones are great. The colors go with him much better and having his number with the crown is great.

I'd like to see what you guys could do with AK47 as gingerbreadmann mentioned.

Woops, sorry, try again.

another thing you can do, on my/everyone's profile, it says "Email member" and you can use that to contact me as well.

Archived