Apprentice Challenge 3 - OPTIMUS

mania

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my attempt for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.png

I'm sorry, and I'm sure you understand this, but when I see that I can't tell who the :censored: it is. It could be Pele for all I know. Jumpman is Jordan, that is just clipart. (sorry, that was harsh. but it's too ambiguous and I can't think of anyone else who has such a striking pose.)

I'm sorry, and I'm sure you understand this, but when I see that I can't tell who the :censored: it is. It could be Pele for all I know. Jumpman is Jordan, that is just clipart. (sorry, that was harsh. but it's too ambiguous and I can't think of anyone else who has such a striking pose.)

It's not actually ClipArt, nor is it finished. I just thought I'd throw out an idea that a.) wasn't baseball and b.) wasn't just letters and numbers. The fact is, people grew to associate the jumpman logo with Michael Jordan. He would do the actual pose probably once every 50 games, and even at that, other players would dunk in the same fashion. If Clyde Drexler or Harold Miner had been as pervasively popular as Michael Jordan, they could have used the same logo and people would associate it with them.

Point is, many logos aren't ones that you can tell who it is right away. You see the logo with the athlete, and then you begin to associate them.

Without looking at the URL, I doubt you can tell whose logo this is:

kobebryant_nike_logo.jpg

I don't know how much longer we can keep pushing new logos along with leaving us time for the other stuff.

So I'll do this.

If you have an athlete logo you want us to consider, post it by tomorrow night. At that point, I'll take a vote and we'll move on. Even if it's not finished, one of our more talented designers can refine it if the idea's good enough.

I agree with shiny regarding the idea behind how an athlete can really make a simple logo work for them...but at the same time, I don't think it works how it currently is. jordans logo works for a certain shot he was known for, although many baseline dunks were performed by others.

anyhow, I'm still on vacation and won't be back until tomorrow nite (using mobile now to check in) but if someone could show my pujols logos on some gear or display some templates- that would be awesome.

also, I did want to say that the soccer player logo improves in my eyes when placed on that pullover/warmup...and to elaborate on what I meant about the logo defining a certain action- I think it should be special to the player.

I don't remember her name, but the womens usa soccer player that hit the game winning extra kick and took off her shirt to show her sports bra while sliding...that is memorable to me. if we do a silohoutte, it should be a memorable pose...know what I mean? again, it does look well on the clothing.

I don't remember her name, but the womens usa soccer player that hit the game winning extra kick and took off her shirt to show her sports bra while sliding...that is memorable to me. if we do a silohoutte, it should be a memorable pose...know what I mean? again, it does look well on the clothing.

I actually sketched something up like that because it was the only memorable soccer pose I could think of. I also did something with a bicycle kick, but that would work more for Pele or Ronaldinho, neither of whom is really in his prime.

Anyway, it's still just a prototype. From what I've seen, Ronaldo is mostly known for dribbling moves (soccer's equivalent to crossovers), but I don't know how to apply that to a logo. Just something to think about.

The only kinda memorable Ronaldo pose I can think of is when he stands with his feet apart and his arms at his sides before he takes a free kick. It's definately something I've noticed more often, and I'm sure he'll keep doing it for years. I'll try to find a picture and see what I can come up with.

Guys, I know I'm probably not supposed to post here but a lot of other people seem to have been doing it. I just wanted to say that someone had mentioned Ronaldinho, and I his hair is really iconic, so if you did a sillouhette of him, it would be recognizable.

Guys, I know I'm probably not supposed to post here

Not sure of the rules, but I would prefer if there were no outside C+C... if there is something we have to know, like fiasco! telling us we need CMYK values for our last challenge, then that is acceptable. People just telling us what we could do differently, then I'm not sure I approve.

William - even though it's not as dynamic, I am certainly in favor of anything that makes him look more distinct. Not a soccer viewer myself, I trust your judgment more than my own in these situations.

For fun, here was something I sketched up for initialism:

CR7.png

Archived