Apprentice Challenge 3 - OPTIMUS

mania

Guys, I know I'm probably not supposed to post here

Not sure of the rules, but I would prefer if there were no outside C+C... if there is something we have to know, like fiasco! telling us we need CMYK values for our last challenge, then that is acceptable. People just telling us what we could do differently, then I'm not sure I approve.

William - even though it's not as dynamic, I am certainly in favor of anything that makes him look more distinct. Not a soccer viewer myself, I trust your judgment more than my own in these situations.

For fun, here was something I sketched up for initialism:

CR7.png

Sorry.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also wouldn't hurt if you gave him feet as well

I know you're trying to be smart here, so I'll just refer you to the post where I said I needed to finish the feet.

Maybe there would be less of a problem with people who arent participating in this contest posting here if they actually had something contructive to say.

Also wouldn't hurt if you gave him feet as well

I know you're trying to be smart here, so I'll just refer you to the post where I said I needed to finish the feet.

Maybe there would be less of a problem with people who arent participating in this contest posting here if they actually had something contructive to say.

I thought my post was constructive.

That's my last post here. I apologize again.

I don't think he was directly referring to your comments elliot, just overall. c&c is great, but the rules did initially state that no outsiders were to post in the team threads.

my other issue is that if someone from outside the competition had a suggestion that was eventually went with and improved the outcome, the other team may complain and see it as unfair. and since I have noticed most outside comments in our thread, I'd rather not jeapordize the chance of having those accusations arise.

with that said, maybe after each challenge...a thread could be made to voice the opinions from outside looking in on the previous challenge.

more on topic- where do we stand at guys? we have 2.5 days to finish up...need to select a logo and move on so we can have adequate time to focus on the proper placement of the logo and get some solid templates going.

I thought my post was constructive.

That's my last post here. I apologize again.

Apologies elliott, I do think your C&C was good, I definately wasn't directing my comment at you. That other guy pissed me off by posting in here, criticising my work, without having even read my post.

The only problem I have is keeping the thread tidy so as we have a better idea of what the team thinks. Aside from that I'm happy to hear outside criticism, and I'm 100% for a seperate commentary thread that anyone can post in.

While I am open to a silhouette, and they have been getting better with each attempt, I think Cola's 5 is too good to pass up. Nothing against your Zambrano William, I think it looks solid but in my opinion the 5 is just spectacular. Though I wouls stil feel comfortable using yours if necessary, and with a few touch-ups. (I think the higher horns look much better too)

Yeah, at the moment, there's not much of a concensus... waiting on the final vote, and it's 2-2-1 :lol:

Am I the 1? If you don't get that 6th vote, I'll switch my vote to the Pujols one... as much as I don't like the idea of an MLB player, it's the most viable option.

Actually, you're not, but right now it kind of turned up 2 1/2-2-1 1/2.

I have a feeling, just kind of from the responses, that a few of you have mentioned that Pujols, if not your 1, is your 1a. So I think we should officially move forward with it.

If you really like the other ideas and want to work up some merchandise to display them with, we could reevaluate later, but I think for now, our focus should be on the Pujols.

Here was a quick update I did...it isn't much of an update, but I think it helps the logo a lot. Placing the AP or PUJOLS or ALBERT on the top is kind of forced and seems obvious...like "you might not know who this logo is, so we need to put a name or initials here." Instead, I think relating the number of the player, the sport he plays in, and the in-your-face element of the stylized 5...people will think "number 5 in baseball? prince/king?...GOTTA be Albert Pujols!

AP5baseball.jpg

Alright here are a few ideas...I was working on an Albert Pujols silouette because he has a pretty unique batting stance and swing. We could try to combine the silouette and Cola's logo - it is a long shot but it could look good. Also I'm not huge on the baseball. What if we tryed putting crossed bats behind the logo. I think that has some potential.

As far as presentation...shirts are obvious. Spikes, hats, track suits should all be in mind. We could even go for bats, gloves, and baseballs. Albert always wheres a gold necklace (at least anytime I've watched him). We could use the logo on something like that as well. It would be cool if we presented pictures as if it were in a newspaper covering the press conference of the "Prince Albert" line.

brewerssig.jpg

I think this could really work on a shoe, hat, shirt, and even a baseball bag. Does anyone have a template for that?

One other thing, I think the yellow should be more golden, as in selective yellow or Golden Poppy. I don't have AI so if someone could experiment for a little that would be great.

Truthfully, for some reason, when I opened the file the colors had become washed out, so I just used the actual Cards colors for the shirt.

Another couple of things we could do with the logo. Wristbands and even on his bat(doesn't Nike make bats?). BTW, I was thinking about working out a bat template... don't GIS baseball bat with safe search off. :blink:

Archived