Apprentice Challenge 3 - OPTIMUS

mania

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey people, apologies for my absence. I got offered some work that was too good to turn down, but I'm back and shattered and ready to do this!

First things first. Love some of these templates, especially the hats and vests. One thing I would suggest would be to outline them in black like the cleat template, so all our stuff flows well. Apart from that they're looking good.

I do think we should lock a colour set quickly. I'm not a fan of the red/yellow or red/blue, I think they look akward. My preference is silver/red or if not black and white.

I f we are looking for a slogan for Pujols, I thought something along the lines of "Baseball Royalty", to go with the whole Prince Albert theme.

I do think we should lock a colour set quickly. I'm not a fan of the red/yellow or red/blue, I think they look akward. My preference is silver/red or if not black and white.

I f we are looking for a slogan for Pujols, I thought something along the lines of "Baseball Royalty", to go with the whole Prince Albert theme.

The only reason I ever included a red/blue/yellow theme was just to tie in the Cardinals...nothing more or less. I think a charcoal with each color of red, dark blue, and black would be cool. We could show the logo in those 3, the shirts in those 3, cleats in those 3, hats in those 3 or whatever we have, and the batting gloves in those 3 as well. Just a thought. I just feel like a lot of sports merchandise these days are favoring the charcoal look...either predominantly or as an accent.

The last shirt is more of a "Cardinals-fan" shirt...again, the shirts could be theoretically made in any color. I could think of 20+ solid looking combinations that could be used but what is the point in posting them? The judges will get the idea. Now, if you want a red just for the presentation...that could be done as well.

Also, removing the Nike logo and adding another player logo to the back of the shoe would be overkill in my opinion. Athlete logos aren't that prominent on their shoes or clothing...you only usually can find the logo once on a piece of merchandise. We could do that if the team felt it would look better, but I just felt it was too much.

I do like the hats as well, it would be a nice addition...try adding a Nike logo to the side somewhere or very small on the brim if possible.

I definitely understand that. Maybe just put in one colored shirt so they get more of the complete idea? I think that would make a difference.

For the shoe, I'm not sure if you understood this, but what I meant was take it off the side and only have the 5 logo on the back of the shoe. As it is now I think the side is too cluttered and the 5 logo is too small, unnoticeable, and would not stand out (the swoosh stands out more than the 5 imo), and however we do it I think there should be one logo on the back and one on each side. But that's just me.

Yeah, I totally forgot the Nike logo. I'll try to get that fixed but I'm not sure I'll be able to get at the computer with the files... But I'll do as well as I can.

That presentation looks really good. Everything is set out perfectly in my opinion.

When presenting the main logo, don't put too much other stuff on the layout page. Maybe just the logo and the Nike logo. I don't think there are any restrictions on how many pages we can post, so we should keep it simple and uncluttered.

Archived