Guess What? Another OKC NBA concept!

fishheatcats

Twisters are difficult to translate into graphic representations, but I think you did an excellent job on the logos. A few suggestions:

-Change the number font to block, or just something a little more subtle. I think that's where the Ducks comparisons are coming from (at least from me).

-I LOVE the colors. What I want to see is more of that light blue color in the uniforms. It blends so well into the logo and I think you're doing the uniforms an injustice by not including it.

Great work. Twisters is my favorite name for the franchise from what I've seen.

I really like it! Its very sharp, but its the type of logo that you'd expect from a professional team. They always have that little edge on logos made by minor league teams, or just concepts. You kept it simple but still got the point across. Also, OKC Twisters has always been my favorite name for a professional sports team in OKC. Whether it be NHL, NFL, NBA or MLB I always thought the name Twisters would work best. Great work! Best OKC concept yet.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Of all the OKC concepts that have been posted, this is easily my favourite. Especially the logo - beautiful job. Of the two versions posted, my vote goes to version 2 (the charcoal laces in the ball).

My only criticism, if anything, is the number font. To me, it's too square/too heavy to work with the motion in the logo. Beyond that, I also agree with Chief about trying to incorporate more blue. It's a unique colour to the league, and works really well with the yellow in the logo - it'd be a shame not to take full advantage of that.

Out of curiosity, did you try duplicating the curves of the twister in the side panels of the jersey?

These look sweeeet. I don't like the name Twisters for the team but your idea looks so good I wouldn't mind it. Just a heads up for future Oklahoma City concepts, I read in the paper the other day that the team is leaning towards one of four names - Thunder, Thunderbirds, Thundercats, or Barons. Thundercats and Thunderbirds are too long and will eventually dumped so I am betting that the team ends up being either Barons or Thunder. Or maybe somebody high up will see this concept and bring Twisters back into the conversation, as for now thought they feel that "Twisters" casts a negative image on the state of Oklahoma??? Why... I don't know.

I really like the set. Nice work. The one thing I don't like about any of the OKC concepts is that my Sonics are leaving town to become them. That really sucks. But if you are right about the Grizzlies, then why not just move them there and keep the Sonics in Seattle?

Love the logos, the lettering on the jerseys shoudn't be slanted.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Absolutely love the logos. Very sharp looking without over doing the "twister" theme. The uniforms are nice, and I think the slanted letters adds to the appearence. There aren't many changes I would make except maybe a slight color change on the uniforms. Still, a very good design.

yankeessigob9.png

I instantly thought: Anaheim Ducks playing basketball?

curious...how did you get "ducks" from this concept? maybe i am missing something.

Probably the similar fonts for numbers and letters, and the similar colors of orange and black.

Very solid concept overall, this would even work with the new "Thunder" name. I'd suggest possibly changing the colors, but that's up to you. Good job.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived