US International Baseball

TwoRsAndTwoLs

USAHome.gif

USaway.gif

USAAlt.gif

I have never cared much for the USA Baseball wordmark, so I went ahead and put together a monogram. The monogram is a little bit "Yankees" in style, which I think hearkens back to early American professional baseball roots.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The "USA" logo on the home uniforms, alternate uniforms and the caps really doesn't look too good. I like where you're going with it, but maybe use a different font/letter type? It's just way too "squiggly", and to some extent, even unreadable. The letters don't have to be mushed together that much. I love how the jersey numbers look, though. Definitely keep those.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

I like them...but like said before the interlocking USA is too squigly. It looks like yout tried to go old school with it, but isn't quite as crisp as it needs to be yet. Also, the flag is backwards. Keep goin with it and you could have a gem.

brewerssig.jpg

I like them...but like said before the interlocking USA is too squigly. It looks like yout tried to go old school with it, but isn't quite as crisp as it needs to be yet. Also, the flag is backwards. Keep goin with it and you could have a gem.

The American Flag isn't supposed to be placed on an athletic uniform, but when it is, that is the correct way to do it. It's not backwards, it's flying in the wind (supposedly).

The American Flag isn't supposed to be placed on an athletic uniform, but when it is, that is the correct way to do it. It's not backwards, it's flying in the wind (supposedly).

I always wondered why, if they were putting it on a sleeve, they didnt just put it on the left arm, then.

Either way, I dont like it. Not because its against code, but it looks kinda tacky.

oBIgzrL.png

I always wondered why, if they were putting it on a sleeve, they didnt just put it on the left arm, then.

Either way, I dont like it. Not because its against code, but it looks kinda tacky.

Doesn't look tacky, it's even like that on military unis.

pet.jpg

pet.jpg

Which, in my opinion, is unessicary.

(and I meant tacky on a sports uniform, not nessicarily military)

oBIgzrL.png

I didn't get a chance to update the concept since Friday, but I had some time this morning and I reworked a couple of things with the monogram that I wanted to share and get a little C&C on.

It looks like the flag questions have been taken care of, so I'll answer the other one: yes, I was referring to the USA wordmark used in the WBC (where the S is made of red stripes and the U and A look rather "Copperplate" in design).

The original monogram is on the left, I spaced out the letters a little bit for the one in the center, and on the right, I updated the S to look a bit less "squiggly" and made things a little bit bolder. I'd like to see what you prefer.

USAMonogram.gif

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Sorry, dude, but that is just not good lettering to use for this logo. I like the idea of an interlocking USA, but that's not a good font for it.

Also, the reason for the flag turned that way is, as mentioned, to show it moving in the wind, but not just moving, but moving forward, as in if it were the other way, with the blue towards the back, it appears as it's running away from __________ . By having this placement, it signifies running towards, or facing whatever. And as you know, these colors never run... away. ;)

pet.jpg

Which, in my opinion, is unessicary.

(and I meant tacky on a sports uniform, not nessicarily military)

I agree. A lot about the flag code is unnecessary. I think that national flags are cop outs when used on sports uniforms. It's just the "obvious" thing to do. I'd either put it on the left sleeve, or (better yet) come up with a unique idea for a patch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's the new mark on the home, alt, and cap:

USAUpdateHomeAlt.gif

I'm pretty much with Maz on this, though. The idea of the concept is to create an update to the USA International baseball identity the capitalizes on the history of baseball and its place in American history and our society. For that reason, I prefer the more squiggly letters, which emulate a little bit of the Yankees and Cardinals hat designs, rather than this mark, which seems too modern and technological to me.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived